Codemasters Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

Recruitment Agency9%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Codemasters

Application

I interviewed at Codemasters

Interview

I was greeted at reception by a senior member of the team and taken to an interview room where I was interviewed by two senior members of the team. The interview was fairly relaxed and mainly consisted of a conversation about my experience with various software packages and workflows before some questions about my portfolio. I was then taken for a brief tour of the studio before the interview concluded.

Interview Questions
  • What would you change or improve with previous pieces of work
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Codemasters (Royal Leamington Spa, England, England)

Interview

There were quite a few tests to do, drawing test (but I think that's gone now) but overall the experience was good and I had a great time interviewing for them and would apply again in the future if I was to go back to the midlands.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Codemasters

Application

I interviewed at Codemasters

Interview

interview with leads plus test. A draw exam was required which tested amoungst other things spacial awareness. The test was with paper and pencil. The intereview lasted 30 minutes or there abouts

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Codemasters

Application

I interviewed at Codemasters in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied on Codemasters career website. The process took about 3 weeks. I was asked to do a 1-hour online C++ test. And I had an video interview with principal programmer and technical director. Mostly discussed about my graphic works and learned about the F1 team. They think I have fantastic ability and really shown my technical knowledge not only in the test but in call but at the moment in time, they are deciding to move forward with another candidate. I feel disappointed but greatly appreciate the opportunity. And ask the teams how I can improve to be participated in AAA game industry.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is the target frame rate in my developed VR racing game?

Codemasters

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters in Nov 2020

Interview

Common questions were asked. asked about my experience in the industry. Asked me to go through my whole process of how I go about creating an environment in my portfolio. Some of the challenges I faced.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the steps you took for so and so environment. How the planning was done. Why I want to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Codemasters (Kuala Lumpur) in Oct 2020

Interview

the interview is very short and chill, around 15 minutes through online calling with the lead artist and senior quality operation manager. Questions mostly surrounded with my response, asking me to further elaborate on my previous response

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Codemasters

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Codemasters

Interview

I was contacted for a coding test to be done remotely. For the first question they gave me a chuck of code to review and find possible problems. Second part was about coding and finally there were about twenty questions on theory. I didn't pass the test but I was given some useful informations about my performance.

Interview Questions
  • First thing you would do to increase the frame rate of a game
  • Differences between programming for a console and programming for a PC

Anonymous Employee in Southam, West Midlands, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters (Southam, West Midlands, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

During quarantine, a 1 hour c++ test including a code review, coding challenge, and 10 questions. 2 more 1-2 hour interview calls with critical thinking questions and general questions about my portfolio. A short team fit call to decide where I would fit best in the company.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to describe the thought process when given an abstract data manipulation issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters (New York, NY)

Interview

Did a short offline test with a few questions to assert tech knowledge and afterwards an online interview that was more personality oriented. The people were very friendly and the office conditions seemed great. I did end up refusing the offer for other reasons, but the offer was solid and the company gave me a very good first impression.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Codemasters (Dundee, Scotland, Scotland) in Jan 2020

Interview

Technical Skype interview. Once passing this there was a week gap which was then followed by an online code test lasting 1 hour. I failed the code test but was given feedback which was very helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews