ComEd Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ComEd Interview Questions

Interviews at ComEd

2.7

Interview

Really pleasant process, the recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to! The questions were not trying to trick you or anything, they were just standard behavioral questions and asked a few questions that were applicable to the company's core values.

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ComEd.

Interview

First of, the job description is very ambiguous. They set a virtual interview date without checking my availability first. The virtual interview ended up being a phone interview as the main interviewer (the hiring manager) had technical difficulties. The main interviewer was not friendly at all (from the beginning ) and the other two interviewers did not seem to be prepared. One of them left the interview after 10 minutes and the other did not even read my resume before the interview. The hiring manager, even left the interview to answer a phone call in the middle of the interview; true story!! Furthermore, this main interviewer had a very thick accent that made it very difficult to hear some of the questions. I had to repeat these questions to make sure I heard them correctly. My overall impression is that, this interview process was just a formality to hire somebody else.; maybe for H-1B visa or something.

Interview Questions

• Random behavioral questions that I do not think serve any purpose but checking in boxes for HR purposes. The entire interview process was a mess.   Answer Question

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ComEd (Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The process is very long. I took the test, interview last April. I was all set to start August 5th 2018. Training got canceled and did not start until 2019. I was told assignment is until November at which time you may get hired for part time.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ComEd (Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

First, a telephonic screen was done after which they scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was for an hour where I had to talk to two managers.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were situational and they expected the candidate to answer in STAR Format. For Eg: Describe a situation when you took initiative? Describe a situation when you had to resolve conflict. Describe a situation when you had to disagree with a team member?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ComEd in January 2019.

Interview

Applied because of a connection I had. They sent me an online personality test, which took around 40 min to complete. Then I had a phone interview, which was also around 40min long. It was only 4 questions, they wanted STAR answers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ComEd (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Very friendly HR staff and easy to talk to. Mainly just asking you basic questions about yourself to get to know you. Mine lasted only twenty minutes over the phone and that was it.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome problems that arise in group projects?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed at a job fair, typical STAR questions. Be enthusiastic. Went through my resume. Had junior standing. No cover letter needed. And no technical questions either. The interview is for the overall program not a specific positionl

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ComEd (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Met them at career fair and they scheduled me for an interview the next day. I had a behavioral interview with a manager. A month after the interview they called and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 3 behavioral questions, they prefer you respond using the STAR method   Answer Question

Interview

Applied in December and was contacted for the role 5 months later. Received a phone call from HR to complete a simple assessment test, once passed I was given a phone interview. After the phone interview was successful I was invited in for another assessment test but this test is timed and a little more difficult but not that hard. Once that assessment test is passed I was given a F2F (face-to-face) interview on the spot with 2 of ComEd's employees (manager's). About a week later I received an email stating I was successful and to complete background check which consisted of credit, employer, high school/college check and drug testing. Once I passed the background check and drug testing I received my CJO.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience you had with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ComEd.

Interview

After a career fair I had an interview. They asked behavioral questions. No technical questions were asked. The interview is just to make sure you are sane. I think they only care about GPA

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you thought "there has to be a better way"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.