Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation

2.9

JRF Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Chandigarh (India)) in March 2019.

Interview

directly interview is conducted if applicants are large in no they take a cumulative score of GATE, graduation percentage, experience and then decide a cutoff as per the no of vacancies

Interview Questions

• I went to csir csio they asked all about my project final year some simple questions on filters OPAMP c programing in project they asked the reason for developing such protype what are its advantage to industry or socially overall cost specification of components used, your role in the project   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Application, then Phone Screen

Pretty standard questions to assess motivations and ability. Started with questions about my CV, then moved on to motivations, and practical questions about my experience with the tools required for the internship. Friendly and over the phone. The interviewer mentioned that there was competition for the role, and that they would get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with modelling software?   1 Answer

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2018.

Interview

You are interviewed by telephone by someone who has little time to do it then your file is handed to someone else in a HR department; I called back 2 weeks later as requested and was told by the HR department that government funding was cut for this job.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Wellington, Wellington (New Zealand)) in April 2013.

Interview

Very formal and good phone interview. They knew what skills they are looking for and were very specific. The main focus was on the ability to analyse ideas and proposals and the ability to leada team of only 10-15 people in a science setting.

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2012.

Interview

Submitted my application online,got the usual automated response.However,it took a very long time for them to take any action. I had given up and thought they had already recruited someone, but then an email said they apologise for delay....and were reviewing applications.It took several weeks,and then I was invited to an interview.

Interview Questions

• I told them clearly about my strong industry experience credentials and ability to connect the organisation with industry as my forte, rather than actually doing research,since I had stopped doing research and was in industry for several years. Note that in the job description,they had stated that they were prepared to consider both types of candidates (i.e with strong research experience or strong connections with industry,to create linkage with industry). But most of the interview was to give examples of research I had done recently.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2011.

Interview

There was a single interview, about an hour long with a mix of technical and behavioural questions. Technical questions were relevant to my area of expertise and were fairly straightforward. Out of three people on the interview panel, two were reasonably knowledgeable in the are.

Post Doc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2019.

Interview

A 30-minute interview with a panel over webex. Some general introduction question followed by experience based questions and then finishing with HR related questions. A number of these related to the programming task that was assigned prior to the interview question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something we don't know that we would find interesting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2018.

Interview

In fact there are multiple vacation projects provided by different apartments in CSIRO, including data61, eHealth astronomy observatories, and etc. Internships are open from July. You can apply more than one vacation project. I applied three and got 2 interviews.

I was interviewed by supervisors of those projects. I was asked about the projects and experience written in my resume but no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Question about your experience and project which you did in Uni
      2. Do you have any question (regarding the project you have applied)   1 Answer

Vacation Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.

Interview

Applied online. After the closing date of the program, got an email scheduling a phone interview. Asking for rescheduling and they accepted my proposed time and date. Phone interview with very friendly people. They asked about my resume, why I applied and some technical questions related to the vacation project and what I mentioned on my resume. Then, they gave me a chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• CV, motivation, technical questions related to the vacation project.   Answer Question

Vacation Student Interview

Interview

Submit online application, but I contacted the project supervisor beforehand through email to get him to know me. I wrote detailed motivation and showed my strong interest to the project. Got called for an offer in early October without any interviews. They are not as competitive as internships hosted by companies.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.