Contentive Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Contentive Interview Questions

Interviews at Contentive

2.6

Marketing Interview

Interview

Friendly company that gave good, helpful feedback after my interview. Interviewer asked detailed questions but we had good discussions around my answers so it was less Q&A and more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had unlimited marketing budget (dream marketing campaign)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

It was a mix of competency interviews (face to face and telephone) and a presentation. Fairly standard.
    The interviewers were nice, however it took weeks to provide feedback following a final stage interview. Poor communication when I followed up multiple times. I understand we all get busy, but this is rude and unprofessional. It seems others have experienced this, also.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England).

Interview

Awful process. Lack of communication and not well managed. Very unprofessional. They don’t seem to have a clue what they want and what they’re going to do. Really bad impression. Don’t seem to have a strategy and the business seems to be making erratic decisions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were in the role?   1 Answer

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. It's really important that we are working in the right areas to make interviews at Contentive a positive experience and feedback from our candidates is the best way to ensure that we are doing this.
    We’re disappointed to hear about your negative experience with us and would like to learn from this to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

The marketing team is in a period of growth meaning that the goal post of roles or strategic direction can often change. Being a start-up it is very important that we ensure an undisruptive environment for the current team and unfortunately when there has been a large period of change it results in situations you mentioned. We will ensure in future that this is understood by further candidates for other roles at the beginning of the interview process, rather than reflected on negatively at the end.

We would love to speak further with you to learn more. Please contact me on mairi-claire.tay@contentive.com

Thank you again for your honest feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Graduate Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Full day Assessment Centre (10 am - 4 pm), comprising of individual and group tasks, with a face to face interview. The group tasks were about teamwork rather than marketing-related, but the individual task was one with relevance to marketing.

Interview Questions

Contentive Response

Hi,

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your interview process. Please do keep an eye out on our website for further suitable opportunities as the business is in a period of growth.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch - mairi-claire.tay@contentive.com

Graduate Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview was an assessment day with about ten other candidates. We had to complete some ice breakers, a team building exercise and then was given a talk by the CEO. We also had one-on-one interviews at the end of the day. Overall, the entire day was very enjoyable. We were made welcome by all of the interviewers and the CEO. The company gave off a really good vibe and I was offered a different role within the company the next day.

Interview Questions

Contentive Response

Hi,

We're glad to hear that your enjoyed your interview process and excited to have you in the business.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

It was an assessment day, which started with an ice breaker, and then a few min projects to judge character. For example, the game lost. We then had a few more projects and met most of the senior team for an informal meet and greet. Where we could ask them questions about the role and they gave honest answers. Following this, they continues with lunch and then the 1-1 interviews and a pitch. Overall it was very relaxed and they were lovely, there wasn't a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you're personality like   1 Answer

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Contentive (Hammersmith, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Robust, Fair and straightforward. The people that interviewed me were totally upfront about the journey the company is on and the plans for investment and growth. It's clear that Contentive is focused, agile and ready to grow.........................................................................................................................

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see the future of publishing?..........................................................................   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Contentive (Hammersmith, England) in January 2018.

Interview

This was a 4 stage process.

Stage One : Initial interview with Sales Director and and Head of HR to discuss my previous experience and to be briefed in more detail about the role I was applying for.

Stage Two : Sales Plan Presentation to the Sales Director and Events Commercial Director, along with further questions related to my presentation.

Stage Three : Online psychometric and data competency test.

Final Stage : Interview with the CEO to discuss relevant parts of my experience in more detail, as well as some behavioural and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of how you used data in your previous roles.   Answer Question
    • Describe a challenging situation in your previous role and how you dealt with it positively.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I was emailed and offered a phone interview. We arranged a time and on the day I waited by the phone for them to ring. When they didn't I emailed to make sure I had the right time (I had email confirmation so knew it was correct) and had no response. After an hour and still no response I emailed again saying I had to go but please email me to rearrange another time. I never head from them again which I thought quite unprofessional as I had prepped for the interview and organised time to take the call.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Contentive (London, England).

Interview

The recruiter was up front with me from the beginning that, at best, Contentive would only be able to offer what I was already on salary-wise, but he said they wanted to speak with me and I thought it would be interesting to learn more about the business anyway. Started with a call with the CEO where we discussed my background and their need for the hire (a new director-level role in the business). After this, I was invited for a one-on-one meeting with the CEO at the company's office in Hammersmith. This was an another informal discussion and we got on well.

I was then invited for a third phase to meet the CEO again but this time with two other members of the management team I'd be part of if I joined. The recruiter advised this would be the final phase and for the meeting I was asked to prepare a presentation, which they provided a pretty long template for. When I turned up they'd realised just how substantial the template they asked me to complete was so asked me to rush through the presentation and skip over some parts so that there was time for questions at the end. I did and the recruiter again provided positive feedback having spoken with them afterwards.

This is when things got weird. The recruiter said although he hadn't anticipated it, there would be a further meeting, this time without the CEO's participation but again with the two members of the management team, as well as two people that would have reported into me if I joined the company. I thought this was very odd but was assured it would be more of an informal chat with the team I'd be working with. I was also asked to complete a very lengthy online personality quiz and timed IQ test. I thought it strange that I was asked to do this right at the end of the process. Having already had in-depth meetings with the CEO and his management team, it seemed impersonal. I wouldn't have expected that they'd require a computer to assess someone's suitability for the role and company by that stage.

The meeting itself was very bizarre and any interest I'd accumulated in the business, mainly through my positive interactions with the CEO, quickly evaporated. Rather than the informal chat with the direct reports and two directors, as it has been described by the recruiter, it was very much an interview-style situation that the direct reports were visibly uncomfortable with. The directors, meanwhile, struggled to come up with a question I hadn't previously been asked. And the meeting was rushed because of the time limit on the meeting room they'd booked, which can probably be attributed to them collecting me from the office reception area 20 minutes late, as was also the case the previous two times I visited the office.

To top off the process, immediately after this meeting I was taken for another formal interview with a HR manager. I was not advised of this prior to the meeting. This interview consisted of generic, corporate-style interview questions with little relevance to the specific role, which again came across as bizarre and impersonal in the context of a fifth and final interview. I was also caught off guard when I was asked to criticise my current chief executive and what my chief executive would say if asked to criticise me. Inappropriate and unprofessional, in my opinion.

Overall, the process started well but in the end it was impersonal, overthought, illogical and, ultimately, disappointing given the time committed. The recruiter said they'd decided not to hire for this role at this time after all for reasons not clear to him. Odd company!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.