Coventry Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Coventry Building Society Interview Questions

Updated 11 Feb 2018

3.2

Technical Specialist Interview

Interview

Initially I had a 30 minute telephone interview which was fine, once this was ok I was invited to a face to face interview, before I attended the interview I had to take 3 tests (Numerical and Verbal Reasoning and a Personality questionnaire). Once they were all completed I attended the face to face which was largely ok, the people that interviewed me were friendly, initially I had to have the interview with HR which was based around the results of the Personality Questionnaire and then it was competency with their two technical guys. Once this was done I didn't receive any feedback from their recruitment team for nearly a week, I had to chase for an answer.

I wasn't offered the position but i'm glad I wasn't. if someone spends all that time doing those tests and filling out paperwork you should have the decency to tell someone they're not successfully and the reason(s) why.

All I can say is good luck with your "Digital Transformation", you will need it.

Interview Questions

• Users phone the service desk stating they're having issues, what would you do?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society (Coventry, England).

Interview

There was a verbal reasoning test, a numerical reasoning test and personality test. One hour telephone interview. The face to face interview was three hours! There was nothing too difficult about the interview but the entire process took a long time. The manager seamed very good and would have been a pleasure to work with.

The issue in the end was I interviewed at an agreed salary which was reduced post interview. I accepted in the end only for them to reduce it again.

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society in January 2018.

Interview

1. Application form
    2. Online psychometric tests
    3. Telephone Interview - Involving motivation to apply and competency based questions.

Prior to the telephone interview, I was made aware of what the interviewer was going to ask me. My advice would be to do a lot of research on the company, the culture and previous awards won. I would also suggest to prepare some answers for the core competencies.

Overall the process was quite simple however I had to request the status of my application. Only after I had requested the status, I was then contacted and told I would not be progressing to the next stage.

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society (Coventry, England) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process felt relaxed and more like a chat. I loved the way the interviewers made me feel, and genuinely interested in what I had to say (some interviews feel like a tick box exercise),

The downside is that I have heard nothing from the Society, since my interview 2 weeks ago, even after chasing multiple times. You would think they would call you or email to say you have been unsuccessful.

ELearning Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society (Coventry, England).

Interview

Applying internally have to go through same as external, application form, face to face interview, maths & English tests with role plays, group discussion and another activity of their choice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have when you have organised an event?   Answer Question

Apprentice Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society (Coventry, England) in August 2017.

Interview

After the initial online tests and pre-telephone screening the assessment center consisted of a group activity, spatial reasoning test and a formal interview. The formal interview was easy however did not contain any technical questions, there where a few scenario based questions which where fairly easy to answer. The only part of the process which was irritating was the time of any response back from the company for any stage of the process, or the fact that they would not give you a set time block where they would contact you thus waiting for hours not being able to do other tasks, this lead me to decline an offer.

Telephone Savings Advisor Interview

Application

Interview

I recently applied to work at the building society and feel that their interviewing process is very complicated and time consuming for the role I applied for. I did not feel this was a good way to do things unfortunately!

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society (Coventry, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview with questions on my personality, skills, education, what I knew about the Coventry and then an assessment day. Generally a positive experience but it would have been nice to receive some feedback.

Marketing Specialist/Digital Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society (Coventry, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Where to start. I applied for the Digital Specialist role via an agency and got a rejection. I was then approached by a different agency for a Marketing Specialist role and got a rejection before I'd even submitted my CV - weird. A month later I was asked to come in for an interview for the Digital Specialist role - a role I was rejected from 2 months earlier. Interview lasted an hour and was intense. The two interviewers were very unfriendly and didn't make me feel comfortable at all. We all crammed into a tiny room and they were very direct in their line of questioning. The company felt very faceless, which is false advertising on their part - "TLC not PLC". Almost 3 weeks later, I haven't had any feedback at all despite the agency chasing it. I've now accepted an offer somewhere else and feel quite relieved to tell the truth. For a company that size, it was a really poor experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the business?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Coventry Building Society in March 2017.

Interview

After applying I received a phone call for a quick chat about the role, I then did 2 online tests, then a 30 minute telephone interview. This then followed on to a face to face interview in branch which took around 2.5 hours, discussing yourself, relative job roles, a chance to sit behind the counter and talk to staff and a role play.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.