DFS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DFS Group Interview Questions

Interviews at DFS Group

2.8

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DFS Group.

Interview

very nice place to work and good start retail work for your career start. coworker very nice and very useful for build up work skills. more grow space for you .

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DFS Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales associate position at Hermès, Gucci & the other luxury stores and the Interview lady said alright but She was going to start me if as a cashier. And I was going to earn x amount of money to later find out its California minimum wage. Which I’m okay but not worth it. Also I found out after orientation I was going to be cashier at a chip stand. It doesn’t matter if you have a man amazing Resume,This DFS franchise seems like a scam. Don’t apply here.

Product Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The HR personnel was very nice and prompt. They showed they cared for their employees. I was interviewed by the AGM for the inventory side of the business. Then, an interview from Vp, next step they appointment with AGM for sales.

Interview Questions

• Why choose DFS to apply for?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DFS Group (Torrance, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through a temp agency. Was interviewed two days later. Face to face interview was about my experience, work habits and took about twenty minutes. I was extremely honest and my references had backed up my self evaluation.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal workload?   1 Answer
    • How comfortable are you with excel and powerpoint?   1 Answer
    • Are you a quick learner?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group (Honolulu, HI (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

1. Phone interview if you are qualified
    2. Face to face interview with HR, just ask you some simple question
    3. Face to face with management, will ask you more details about your skills.( depends on what position that you apply for)

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamtramck Post Office, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DFS Group (Hamtramck Post Office, MI (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Positive. Once the application has been selected and reviewed, they will be able make you take the online test.. Additionally, organized and proctored interview on their premises.

Start with generalized questions. Begin by asking a few questions about a candidate’s background and interest in the position. Get candidates to tell you about how they see themselves in relation to the job and what they can contribute.
    Review the applicant’s resume. Ask candidates about specific positions on their resume that relate to the position you are hiring for. Ask them about job details, responsibilities, what they accomplished, pressures they encountered. Ask about any inconsistencies or gaps in employment or education, as there may be a simple explanation. Ask about the candidate’s reasons for leaving a past or current job.
    Ask some consistent questions. Use a specific set of questions for all applicants. This will help you to compare candidates and find the one whose skills and abilities most closely match what you’re looking for.
    Vary your questions. It’s important that you ask questions on skills specifically related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. This will help you uncover candidates’ strengths and weaknesses. Don’t forget that open-ended questions are best during interviews, such as “What was the most difficult challenge of your last job?”

Interview Questions

• Classifiers and the latest machine learning research and about latest machine learning papers, techniques etc   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DFS Group (Rock Hill, SC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was weird via Google hangout. There were a few questions asked and then the lady told me to stand by after she sends our conversation to the board of directors.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest/ weakest characterstic   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DFS Group (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I got an email to set up an interview via Hangouts. As soon I set up an account, received a message to start immediately. The interview questions were normal and easy going. After the interview, next day I got a message on hangout that you are selected and the interviewer started asking for personal information like mailing address, contact number, and Bank account too. This sounds weird to me. Like which company or interviewer gives employment and asks for bank details within one day. Then, he started saying that soon you will receive a FedEx package in which mac and other things will be provided for you to work from home. I was confused and it looks suspicious too.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DFS Group.

Interview

I received a text message at 9 pm asking me to download the Hangouts app to continue to interview process with the hiring manager. I assumed I would then be scheduled to speak with him the following day but received a message immediately after setting up the app. This was odd to me since people usually ASK to schedule a time to speak or if you have a few minutes, they did neither.
    Regardless, I went along with the interview and was put off by the unprofessionalism yet again. Perhaps the tone of the questions was lost through text but he seemed rude and abrupt and asked questions that made no sense. After about 10 minutes I ended the interview and thanked him for his time. If this is a representation of how the company operates I would not be a good fit. The whole thing just seemed odd and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I need you to be able to focus on this conversation completely with no distractions so this can go as planned. Do you understand?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DFS Group (Jf Kennedy Ap, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty long .It took almost 1 month first when I was interviewed they asked me what I know about retail what kind of personality I should have and how I handle customers.i answered them pretty well then got some paperwork’s , had to sign them . Then it was appointed for the orientation after two weeks and had to make my Id which took more two weeks

Interview Questions

• How do u attain a customer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.