Defense Finance and Accounting Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Defense Finance and Accounting Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Defense Finance and Accounting Service

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

Phone interviewed by two managers: one is division director, the other is office coordinator. The questions were all behavioral. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and went smoothly.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

You need to understand what questions they are asking. Be detailed and answer the multiple part questions very well. Make sure you answer all the questions before you leave. You can ask the them to repeat the question for you.

Interview Questions

• Have you lead a team or a project? What was your role and what was the outcome of the project?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Interview

I applied online and got a interview offer in my email . IT take 2 month to get a call for the interview and and that go through a Phone interview . It was ok not too hard.

Pathways Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

No interview was conducted. I went through the process of filling out the required documentation on the application and was given an offer a few weeks later. Other interns that were in my cohort had in person interviews but I cannot speak to their experience.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service in November 2018.

Interview

I applied on USAJobs in November, interview in December, offer in February. The interview was a pretty basic phone interview. They only asked very common (the type of questions you can easily pull up on google) interview questions, no originality.

Interview Questions

• What's something that's not on your resume that you want us to know?   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I received an email stating I was one of the best qualified for the position and were being referred to hiring manager. Now a month later and I've heard nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Interview

1 I filled out the online application

2 Email scheduling phone interview

3 Phone Interview,

4 Phone interview consists of 5 Behavioral questions

5 If selected, tentative offer pending BC and Security Clearance

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked on a group project, what was your role and how did it turn out   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

The process is extremely long and drawn out, which is to be expected with the federal government. After I applied for the position, there was a month wait until hearing I was selected for an interview, then another month until the interview, then a month to hear back that I was offered a job, then about two months before I actually started.

The interview consisted of a three-person panel, all of whom were very polite and willing to answer all my questions at the end of the interview. There was five behavioral-based questions which were easy enough to answer.

Tip to any future interviewers: if you are having a face-to-face interview at the DFAS campus in Columbus, OH, be sure to arrive at least 45 minutes before your interview to give yourself enough time to get through all the security checkpoints and get in the building. In my interview, I was informed by the panel that I was the only person who was on time out of the multiple applicants scheduled that day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service in February 2018.

Interview

I applied through USAJOBS and went through multiple rounds of online screening and scenario based questions. A few weeks later there was a phone interview that included myself and three DFAS employees. They were friendly but the interview felt awkward because everybody was in a different location and were't sure when each other was done speaking. Two weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the location that you applied to in particular?   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Finance and Accounting Service in December 2017.

Interview

Panel of 3 people conducted in a phone interview. Each took turns asking questions. Lasted around 25 minutes. Emailed me four days in advance to request an interview. Asked situational questions. Will respond within a month to tell me job offer. Gave background of internship to start it off

Interview Questions

• 3 reasons why you want the job, about integrity and who has taught you it, two positive strengths and who in your life can you contribute that to, time you worked on an assignment doing research, analyzed, evaluated, and recommendation made from that process. Then asked for any of your own questions   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.