Direct Wines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Nov 2017

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Direct Wines

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Direct Wines (Norwalk, CT (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter and set up an interview. Met with around 5 different people throughout the 2 hour interview. Most of them were pleasant but one individual in particular was really condensing. Didnt leave with a good vibe from the company. If offered the position I would not have accepted.

Interview Questions

Sales/Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct Wines (Plymouth, England) in May 2010.

Interview

We began with a presentation, before we were taken off for individual interviews, by the call centre manager. I then used this later on to target the most important things they were looking for - hard workers, conscientious people with good timekeeping and reliability, and customer focused individuals. The interviewing manager put me at my ease straight away; he seemed impressed with me although it then transpired he hadn't seen my CV. Which was great for me. He began by asking me to describe my career history, when I asked if he'd seen my CV - he hadn't - I handed him a copy and managed to lead the interview to a large extent around what was on there. Although interviews are always nerve-racking he put me at my ease which helped me relax and hit onto the main points he was looking for as described above. When asked "how do you feel about working for an organisation that's very, very customer-focused" (as some people find this hard to handle) I replied "well if you don't have customers you don't have a job do you, so for me that's not a problem". There were no questions of "give me an example of when you've done ...." which for me was good as I had a day's notice of this interview from an employment agency.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had in this sector   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was fixed so I couldn't negotiate it, but I found that first impressions really count at Direct Wines and will make it easier for you to move into other areas of the business when you start, particularly when you deliver on what you said you would at the interview!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.