Discovery Reports Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Discovery Reports Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Discovery Reports Group

3.1

International Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Brief phone screening to determine interest, second phone interview with human resources to describe qualifications from previous 2 job experiences, video interview with executive to present a mock sales pitch similar to what you would be doing in the position, followed by traditional interview questions

Sales Interview

Interview

Brief skype chat to go over resume and job experience. Had to go into depth about related experience and education that was listed on resume. Then proceeded to talk more about the job position. Interviewer was very clear about the was the job entailed. Then was able to ask any remaining questions I had about the job or company.

Interview Questions

Discovery Reports Group Response

22 Jan 2020 – Discovery Reports Group

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy you had a positive experience and we appreciate the post. Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

International Correspondent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Informal first interview: largely descriptive of the job specifics. She discussed the company in detail and what is expected of International Correspondents. She described how this is a rigorous job with extensive travel and hours that requires copious amounts of research.

Interview Questions

• What is your international experience, in work or just in travel?   1 Answer
    • What is your leadership experience?   1 Answer

International Correspondent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group in July 2019.

Interview

I applied via easy apply on LinkedIn on July 3rd. On July 5th, the recruiter, Kristina, emailed me a link to a google survey which asked about my nationality, English level and willingness to travel 11 months out of the year. After submitting, later that day I got another email from her asking me to select an initial screening phone call slot. I ended up missing the call due to personal reasons and reached out the Kristina who was very kind and told me that she appreciated me being honest about my situation. We rescheduled for the following week. The audio Skype call lasted about 30 minutes where she asked me some questions about my past experiences and then gave me a very detailed explanation about the role and the challenges and positives. She was extremely thorough which I was very impressed by. She asked if I had any questions, and for the first time I didn’t because she had answered literally all of them. I liked that she didn’t sugar coat the role. She told me exactly the type of people and qualities that are a good fit. She emphasized the skills needed. I was then asked to talk to my family and friends about this opportunity and get back to her with if I was interested or not. I emailed her the next day saying I was and she asked me to have a 45 minute call with her a few days later. The call consisted of her asking me in detail about a couple of experiences on my resume. She then asked me some other basic questions about myself. The call concluded with her explaining a sales pitch I would have to do to the COO and manager. She gave me examples, told me what to do and what not to do and even gave me constructive criticisms (that I talked to fast and to slow down). Kristina told me to email her with any questions even if it was on a weekend. I really admired her support and encouragement. It’s very rare for a recruiter to be this way (I would know, I have applied to 400 jobs and interviewed for over 17). The sales pitch interview was scheduled for the following week. Two days before the interview, I decided that the role wasn’t for me as I felt I needed more client facing experience. I email Kristina and she was very gracious and kind about my decision. Overall this interview process was quick and pleasant. I would recommend going through this process to anyone.

Interview Questions

• What letter grade would you give your team at your previous job? (A,B or C).   Answer Question
    • What would your former boss say about you?   Answer Question
    • What was your former boss like?   Answer Question
    • What was something you were proud of or accomplished in your previous experiences? What was a challenge?   Answer Question
    • What was a problem in your previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Prepare a sales pitch for Bombardier. Make sure to include facts from your research. Do not say okay to any objections.   Answer Question

21 Oct 2019 – Discovery Reports Group

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so happy you had a positive experience and we appreciate the feedback. Wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

International Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group.

Interview

Confirmed Via email, then the agent called and we exchanged greetings. She explained to me that there were many interviews this week being conducted. I gave a brief introduction to myself and then we commenced with normal interview questions.

Interview Questions

Discovery Reports Group Response

International Correspondent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group.

Interview

Very intense interview process. Everyone I talked to was extremely cold and the interview process took months. I initially asked for more information about the position in late November 2018 and was asked to fill out a basic form about myself and whether or not I would be willing to work abroad and travel nearly all year in early/mid December. Then it was radio silence with no sort of response or update about my application for nearly a month.

Early January a recruiter finally reached out and asked me to do a Skype interview with her. She was nice enough but seemed to only put me onto the second interview because of my questions and international experience. This second interview was one of the most insanely difficult interviews I have ever done. I was asked to prep a successful sales pitch for Bombardier to be a part of their publication in the South China Morning Post and was expected to be extremely knowledgeable about China's economy, Bombardier, the world economy, the South China Morning Post, and Discovery Reports Group three days after being told I made it to the second interview and two days after receiving the basic info about the interview process. This interviewer was very cold and even though we had a Skype call she feigned connection problems and turned off her camera. She hardly spoke during the pitch and gave very few reactions other than to rebuke my points. Easily the most difficult and off-putting interview I have ever done.
    It took them two weeks to inform me that I didn't get the position, but after the tone and attitude of the interviews I highly doubt that I would have accepted the position and would want to work for such a cold and callous company.

Interview Questions

Discovery Reports Group Response

16 Apr 2019 – Discovery Reports Group

Thank you for sharing your feedback around your interview experience. You are correct, the interview process can be long and rigorous- much like the IC role itself. Regarding the length of time for responses, we generally receive a tremendous response for this role and want to be able to connect with as many potential candidates as possible before moving forward. Sounds like the sales pitch portion was challenging and the interviewer wasn’t extrememly warm and friendly. In the IC role you will find this to be the reality when you are meeting with Executives. The interview process with DRG is more about how you handle yourself in a challenging environment versus warm and fuzzy questions. All of that being said, we are always looking to improve the process and make it as seamless as possible for potential candidates-always a work in progress. If you have any additional feedback that you would like to share, please feel free to contact me directly at: Kristina Sawdy Global Human Resources and Recruitment Talent Manager Discovery Reports Group k.sawdy@discoveryreports.com Thank you!

International Correspondent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group in March 2015.

Interview

submitted resume during information session. Received email from recruiter and arrange a phone interview. However, interview didn't call. I have send an email and call afterwards try to reschedule the interview but no one reply.

International Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2019.

Interview

Skype call but as everyone commented, they were not able to see the interviewer although she was nice overall. She asked the basic questions about my background and work experience followed by expanding on the requirements needed for the job.

Interview Questions

Discovery Reports Group Response

22 Jan 2020 – Discovery Reports Group

Application

Interview

It took a couple of weeks to go through 3 interview process. A several people from the company was involved in the multiple rounds- including Q&As, mock pitch and more Q&As.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the right person for the position.
      What can you bring ti the team.
      How are you going to cope with the lifestyle. etc.   Answer Question

International Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery Reports Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2019.

Interview

My skype interview took slightly more than an hour(was supposed to be 30mins, not sure if it usually runs this long).

Interviewer was very friendly and surprisingly transparent about the specifics of the role, work environment, interview process, etc. given the other reviews I read about the company's recruitment process.

Really enjoyed the interview as interviewer was quite receptive and professional about it despite my lack of experience relative to the role requirements. Was very receptive to my questions too which was much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Mainly went through my resume for elaboration on my experiences   Answer Question

21 Oct 2019 – Discovery Reports Group

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.