Discovery World Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Discovery World

Discovery World

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery World in Jun 2018

Interview

Asked about why you want to work there, Previous word experiences, goals in the future. Times you encountered struggles at another work place. Overall professional but laid back interview procecss

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to work here
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery World (Milwaukee, WI)

Interview

Submitted resume/cover letter/references up front, short phone call, and in person interview with three staff. At the end of the interview I was told their interview and on-boarding timeline. After their interview deadline passed, I contacted them to politely ask for updates. I never had back. I find it extremely rude to ignore a candidate for an upper level management position whom you've interviews twice. Speaks volumes to the culture here.

Interview Questions
  • Asked specifics about my experiences with vital job duties (experience working with teachers and kids, program evaluation, etc)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Discovery World (New York, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

3 people interviewed me and took turns asking questions from a sheet. They then wrote notes and circled a number 1-10 on how well my answer was. It was a pretty basic interview, all of them were very nice. They basically seemed like they were just checking that I was a decent and capable person who liked kids and could work the hours they would need me to work.

Interview Questions
  • What is your customer service experience? If a computer starts working incorrectly, what is the first step you would take? What is your experience with children?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Discovery World (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015

Interview

Very Casual. Met with Design Lab manager and another education coordinator. Asked back for second interview... to do a short lesson/presentation to a group of their teachers. I asked for salary information before confirming to attend second interview... $26,000 was not worth it to have to pay for parking along with occasionally working nights and weekends.

Interview Questions
  • Experience, How would you handle situations in the classroom etc.

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Discovery World

Interview

I met the captain of the Denis Sullivan at a tall ship event and when I said I was interested in applying he gave me his card. I sent him a résumé and we arranged a time to call. We had a 30 min phone call which focused on my experience working on other boats and what I hoped to get out of the experience of working for him.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing difficult or tricky, they're looking for good people.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery World (Milwaukee, WI) in Aug 2012

Interview

I contacted the Kohl's Lab after receiving an email from a friend of mine. I sent an email to the Project Coordinator with a brief description of my interests, background and experience. She said she wanted to meet in person. We scheduled an appointment and met. I brought my computer, showed her some of my work, and gave her my resume. She mentioned that I was over-qualified, but I was still interested. I volunteered at this place for 3 months, and I liked the job. She described my duties, schedule and I said yes.

Interview Questions
  • The whole interview was nice and went smooth. We had a nice talk. No tricky questions.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery World (Milwaukee, WI) in Jan 2012

Interview

Very little to say. Everyone was nice, but I was seriously looking for a job. They offered very low pay and did not seem to care if I could live off what they were paying

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery World (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2010

Interview

I thought the interview process was alittle long but the managers made us feel at ease. The managers must have done a great job in the telephone interview because all the applicants were very able to take this job. I understood the reason to do the presentation and those were done with a very casusal attitude and it made everyone feel very confortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed