Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dollar General Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar General

1,237 Interview Reviews

1.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Apply online. Once my application was reviewed I was called in to interview. It was only a single interview, conducted at the store by the manager. After completing the interview I received a call within the week with the job offer.

Cashier Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant manager. They asked about previous work experience, my education background, and volunteer work that I did. I was offered the job, but didn't take it.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was just questions about availability and pay rate. If I had any prior experience and how long I would keep the position if I was hired. No hard questions at all.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was very brief and concrete! I want to advise incoming applicants to provide their customer service-related experience from their previous employers in order to demonstrate job proficiency when hired with Dollar General in an entry-level position.

Interview Questions

• How well are your customer service skills?   5 Answers

Operations Interview

Interview

I applied online then received an email. I then received a follow up email to schedule a phone interview. I responded and scheduled the interview. I was contacted by the recruiter for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what you want to do   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Interview

You are asked Behavior based questions? You give scenarios you have been involved and how did you approach the situation? How did you handle it? What was the outcome? How often did this occur?

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Very quick. Basic questions. How did I hear about the job. Walked around the store. Discussed topics related to the store. Told me I had the job and then that was it.

District Manager Interview

Interview

So I filled out an application on LinkedIn and also contacted the recruiter through that site. We chatted briefly and she scheduled a phone interview with me. Unfortunately she did not call me nor give any closure as to why she didn’t. I sent her a message on LinkedIn and she has yet to respond. Out of all of my years on this earth , I have never had this to happen. What a joke! Is this is what this company does? Ridiculous! I blocked off my entire day for this only for her to stand me up. Very unprofessional.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2021.

Interview

The interview was very formal and easy, however I was not offered a position and asked to wait for a call back, so I will have to wait and see what happens.

Interview Questions

• How important is it for you to be on time and not miss work?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ardmore, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Ardmore, OK (US)) in February 2021.

Interview

I had a very pleasant experience with dollar general.I am very exited to start this new experience as soon as possible.I am able to work any time needed for this employer and can start as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability currently   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.