Dollar General Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Dollar General

1,112 Interview Reviews

1.8

Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

The process went from resume to a call with the manager to a call with the team to an interview day with the team, then the manager, then his boss, then the boss' boss.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for the company.   22 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flippin, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General (Flippin, AR (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

It took about ten minutes. The assistant manager interviewed me and talked about herself the entire time. I was offered the job but had to wait until the background check came back.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any specific questions asked of me. I think I may have been asked about my availability.   1 Answer

Pizza Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

During the interview process it went very well there were only basic questions that were required to be answered and there were minimum requirements such as high school diploma and everything that needed to be know was taught or learned by me ( employee ) in the process of getting the job

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with people ?   1 Answer

Interview

Applied for the position on the company's website and received a call about 2 weeks from a store manger saying they had a position open. Interviewed with the store manager at the store in the office. My interview took about an hour.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar General in June 2009.

Interview

Received a call to setup a phone interview with recruiter for Dollar General. The phone interview was pretty easy. Basic interview questions such as tell me about yourself, what type of manager are you, etc. There were also questions as to how did you handle loss prevention in your stores and what have you learned from hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• From past experience how have to handled loss prevention in your stores (internally and externally)?   Answer Question
    • How do you determine if you have made the right hiring decision for a potential employee?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Dallas, GA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

There wasn't much of one...I took the assessment test and drug test, passed both and was hired on immediately!

Negotiation

Oh yeah! I negotiated well. Probably could have negotiated more looking back on it!

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southaven, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Southaven, MS (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

They only want to know whether or not you will be a good slave. They want to know that you will work yourself to death and not expect compensation that is decent for the hard work you do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General in December 2018.

Interview

Quick informal interview at the location I was applying to (I applied online - I found the position posting online but I my cousin was working at another location) with the store manager. Was a little unclear as far as if I would be hired for the position I applied for, but ultimately I was hired for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with stocking and throwing freight?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holcomb, MS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar General (Holcomb, MS (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward. You have to take a drug test and they run a background check for Management positions. The hiring Manager did not disclose everything that was expected of me and most things I had to learn on my own.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar General (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

She wanted to know what my past history was regarding my employment. Why I was laid off. Management experience. It was very laid back and informal. We interviewed in the store, in her office. She explained the processes and asked could I hand the high demand and stress.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.