Douglas & Gordon Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Douglas & Gordon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

The recruiter contacted me by email shortly after I applied, then followed up with a 15-minute phone interview the next day. I was then booked into one of their recruitment evenings at the head office in Fulham (with seven other applicants). This consisted of a short presentation and then a meet-and-greet with various senior staff while candidates were taken off for one-to-one interviews. The presenter made it clear that the networking component was important, and staff were very friendly and effective in trying to engage with everyone. The one-to-one interview was straightforward, lasting maybe 30-45 minutes. All told, it was about two hours. Recruitment made a point of contacting me to give feedback on why my application was unsuccessful. The result wasn’t surprising but it was nice of them to take the time all the same.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard: why property, why D&G, why this role, describe your previous sales experience, how do you build rapport with clients, etc. I don’t recall any curveballs.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

Very relaxed. The recruiter was very professional yet personable. Easy experience frequent check-ins prior to the process. The recruitment evening was very enjoyable, the D&G team we're very friendly and felt at ease swiftly.

Interview Questions
  • A general overview of CV. How previous sales experience could be applied to this position.
Talk anonymously with Consulting India professionals

Douglas & Gordon

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon

Interview

2 hour long meet and greet, where we are taken off by respective interviewers for one on one interviews. Whilst we waited for our interviews, we spoke to other employees of the company as well as other candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Putney, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (Putney, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Initial telephone screening Followed by a recruitment evening which was interesting. Wine and beer offered and you were encourage to socialise with staff and other candidates. Followed by one on one sit down brief interview A good process to be honest

Interview Questions
  • I was on furlough - they did ask me if I was only there for covid and said they thought that i might want to rejoin my former employer after

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

After submitting the CV there was a phone screening call. Then an online meeting with the technical advisor to the board and MD. The next stage was supposed to be a face to face meeting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (London, England, England) in Mar 2017

Interview

I've only made it to the first Skype interview. Pro: the atmosphere was very relaxed, the questions were not too hard Cons: I didn't receive any feedback from them even if more than a month has passed since then.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Douglas & Gordon

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon in Feb 2016

Interview

Meet with the HR team, discuss who you are and your strengths. Discuss why you would be good in a sales role. If successful meet with the lettings director and a manager of the office they wish to place you in.

Interview Questions
  • What qualities I have that would make me good in a sales environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas & Gordon (London, England, England) in Jul 2014

Interview

Initial communication was set through a recruiter, although the company had been on my radar for a while. It was a 3 tiered interview process. The first was a phone interview, followed by a personality test, a meeting with their HR recruiter, and then finally with the main decision maker. All interviews were held at their main corporate office in West London.

Interview Questions
  • The first interview with the HR director was very pleasant in terms of it being more of a "meet & greet" scenario. There weren't many probing questions other than my goals, thoughts for the future, and why in particular I was interested in D&G. The final interview was definitely a bit more thorough. I felt a lot of the questions were more pertinent to my personal life decisions I had made versus the actual work at hand: "Why would I choose to leave my home country to move to London?", "How can I afford to live in the postcode I do without having a job", etc. While not what I was used to, I do understand that they are trying to assess a candidates proper fit within their organisation. What I found to be most unexpected was the emphasis on the personality test. I think a lot of weight was put on those results. Certainly these types of evaluations lend insight into a employees motivations and work habits, but does not paint a full or accurate portrait of a candidates potential for success. This interview lasted about an hour. Suffice it to say I did not get the position. The general consensus was that I was probably not the best fit, which is fair enough. In truth I have to say that the position seemed to be very much what I was looking for and was disappointed not to get the job. What can I say - you win some and you lose some. I am still glad I went for it.
1 person found this interview helpful