ECC, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ECC, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at ECC, Inc.

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ECC, Inc. in September 2018.

Interview

I received an interview opportunity through a friend who worked at ECC as there was no formal job listing. After much insistence for an interview sooner rather than a few weeks later when I was getting a car, I took an uber for the interview. The interview was rather informal and informative. It lasted a couple hours. Following up took several weeks before an offer and start date were set.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and about my resume and experiences in graduate school.   Answer Question

Environmental Professional Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ECC, Inc. in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a college job board and heard back from them within a week. I set up the interview the following week and went in to interview. I get there early to the interview and sit in the conference room for about 10 minutes, and they are already late. I'm introduced to the CEO and another employee, and they initially start asking invasive questions about who I am: "do you have a sibling?" "What do your parents?". I'm sure they were just trying to make "small talk" but I find this inappropriate and not necessary to ask. They continue to ask me more general questions about my resume and I answer. All of sudden the other employee, other than the CEO, gets up and walks out midinterview, and another employee walks in. This happens two more times, even with the CEO stepping out of the room for 5 minutes, and I'm left alone. This is EXTREMELY unprofessional, and just not heard of. At the end, they demand that I start working immediately after school, after saying that I wanted to start in July. And then they say how good their benefits are when I've heard much better, and there's is laughable. Overall not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your school? What do your parents do? Do you have a sibling?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ECC, Inc. (Chantilly, VA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to come in for an in-person interview. There, I interviewed with 2 people at ECC for about 2 hours. One interviewer was noticeably disinterested in the interview while the other had little to no personality. I was told that I would hear back about the position in a week or twos time. However, I never received any more information about the position despite my following up. I find this behavior to be EXTREMELY unprofessional considering that I took the time out of my day to drive to their offices for an in-person interview. I had applied from a university job board and roughly 3 weeks after my interview, this position was reposted to the same job board.

Environmental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ECC, Inc. (Chantilly, VA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview hours after I submitted an online application for the position. I interviewed one week later with three people (none of whom were to be my supervisors). While they were direct and forthcoming (and turned out to be mostly honest), they did come off as a bit cliquish amongst themselves during the interview itself. This made it slightly awkward as I was not privy to the backgrounds of their "inner circle" commentary during the interview. It lasted approximately one hour, during which they informed me about the position and the company and I explained my own background and experience and asked questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• "Why is a manhole cover round?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations, it was a take-it-or-leave-it offer. I was just out of college and really wanted the work, so I took it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.