FEV Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

FEV Interview Questions

Interviews at FEV

2.6

Engineering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FEV.

Interview

It was a phone interview which took about 30 minutes where they talked mostly about my resume, skills and background. Explained about the position and the responsibilities and requirements. Asked questions pertinent to the job like on combustion, generic engine related questions about common injection pressures, engine physical dimensions and their relation to advanced combustion modes. Interview was easy paced, and they tried to find out about my ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FEV in August 2015.

Interview

Round 1 - Phone Interview with HR
    Round 2 - Phone Interview with Manager

The HR screen was on Tuesday Morning, basically about how long am available for internship and about my previous work experience. The interview with manager was on Wednesday morning, which was very technical discussing about my knowledge on Diesel engines and their working. I briefly explained about my knowledge with diesel engine and he seemed to be satisfied with the discussion.On Friday noon I got a call from HR informing me that I have been recruited for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Based on previous work experience, the manager asked technical questions   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FEV.

Interview

Easy going, straightforward, part precise and part exploratory. Interviewers were easy to talk to. Phone screen and face to face was with same set of people. They tried to gauge technical insight and depth of understanding and then also tried to assess leadership ability/thought process.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to understand MATLAB flowcharts? What kind of engine testing activities have you worked with or are familiar with? Also asked questions pertinent to the job applied for or relevant to their team.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FEV in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple and only 15 minutes long. The manager basically went over my resume and asked questions related to my academic projects. There were couple of behavioral questions. After the interview, the HR got back to me in 3 days with the offer. FEV typically gives 3 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Effects of injection pressure on emissions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no option to negotiate for the internship. The pay rate and PTO accrual rate is standard for the company.

Engineering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FEV in November 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and courteous, questions were about academic history and based on my resume. I received the offer within a couple of days. However, they offered a low wage, so I wrote to the HR asking for a better pay. I am waiting for them to get back to me on the offer.

I wrote back asking for a better pay, I hope to hear back from them in a week.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FEV in April 2014.

Interview

Mostly all questions are related to your Resume and past experience, if any. Questions related to your current project and interests. If doing a thesis project , then please be prepared for the questions related to them. The interviewers Brief you about the work expected out of an intern.

Negotiation

No negotiation at all.....

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FEV in March 2013.

Interview

Got a call from Sr Technical Recruiter on Monday to schedule a telephonic interview on friday. Interview was for 30 minutes. Mostly I was asked to describe my technical experiences in detail. No difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation. Fixed hourly rate!

Interview

The process is very fast. Got the offer letter the same day I was interviewed.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FEV in December 2019.

Interview

1st Round was GD
     2nd round was Personal interview
    3rd round was Technical interview
    All the 3 rounds were of 10 marks.
    The gd round was an elimination round.
    Than in PI they will ask most basic questions about you your interests etc.
    In Technical round questions will be asked from IC engines, Automobile engg or they will give option for your prepared subject also.
     And out of 33 students 7 were selcted.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about last year project. They will see your technical knowledge.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FEV (Aachen (Germany)) in August 2019.

Interview

Initially i got an email from the HR about the interview, Then i had to confirm the time of the interview. more details were shared about the interview. The interview had 3 rounds , one technical , one with the manager and one HR .

Interview Questions

• The job of a engineer in the previous company

DFSS   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.