FortuneBuilders Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at FortuneBuilders

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with Recruiting Assistants and was asked to come in for an in person. Waited about 10-15 minutes for the interview to start. I was escorted to the Recruiting Manager's office. She asked very generic questions which I felt did not have much to do with sales and the type of characteristics good sales people need to have. It was over in 15-20 minutes tops.

Interview Questions

• What activities/clubs were you part of when you were in college?   Answer Question
    • Name one of Fortune Builders values and explain which one aligns most with you   Answer Question
    • Why do you see yourself as part of the Fortune Builders team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your work experience.   Answer Question

10 May 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We are sorry to hear that you had to wait for your interview and felt the questions did not reflect the sales position that you were applying for. Your feedback is very much appreciated, as we can... More

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by their HR recruiter via my LinkedIn site, who asked me to submit an application on-line. Fairly personal questions about likes, dislikes, goals, etc. Took a couple hours to answer them. Then no response for a day. I finally asked if she had received it. She responded enthusiastically and asked if I would be available the next morning for phone interview at 10:00am. I said I would, and then waited for the call, which never came. I emailed and asked her if I had the wrong date or time. No response. Surprisingly rude, thoughtless & unprofessional for a company that boasts about their integrity. There's no excuse for treating prospective candidates (or anyone) that way.

Interview Questions

• What types of books / websites do you read / follow?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

24 Aug 2015 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you very much for this feedback. We always strive to ensure that all candidates receive consistent communication in regards to where they are in the recruiting process. This review helps us... More

Business Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process as quite extensive and layered. People on the team were very nice, laid back and friendly. I especially liked the hiring manager, who seemed to connect with most nearly everyone.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an interview with the internal recruitment representative. The next day I had my 1:1 and really enjoyed learning about the company culture, which apparently includes clapping it out after successes, group dinners, a book club, and more. Then an interview was set with the sales team. The recruitment person coached me on providing fuller responses to questions about my short and long term goals and interest in the company and I went through their materials (brochure, informational video, testimonials) a second time to prepare. Unfortunately, the interview with the two senior staff was very strange. Their tone was antagonistic, asking questions not in a conversational way, but almost as if they expected to catch me in a lie. One fellow did not understand that when you have 2 jobs at the same employer and one job ends in a particular month and the other starts in the following month that means you got promoted and it's not an "employment gap." I was asked questions about my former industry which did not pertain to my ability to be their next Account Executive and would have required a much greater background of understanding on their part. I was asked multiple questions about my personal credit history and retirement investments. An understanding of financial concepts may be tangentially required for a position that relates to student tuition collections, but these questions felt invasive. Overall the sales team gave off a dismissive vibe and it soured my view of the company. I received an email a few days later saying they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

8 Mar 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you felt our hiring managers came across in a manner that does not match our culture. We are always... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted a week and half later by a recruiter for a phone screening. This lasted for about an hour and consisted mostly of him detailing the responsibilities of the role. I was asked the basic, "Why do you want to work here?" and "Why do you want to leave your current job?" questions. At the end of the call we set up an in-person interview for the following week.

A week later I have a one on one interview with the director of HR. The interview lasts for a little over an hour, and I'm asked questions about my past experience and my goals. At the end of the interview I'm told the head of sales will review HR's interview notes and then schedule a third interview, and that I can expect to be contacted within the week.

That was the last time I heard from the company. A week went by and I didn't receive any type of response, negative or positive. This is very disappointing considering the interviews went well, and I was specifically told I would be contacted. What's up with that FortuneBuilders? I took time out of my day to meet with you and I couldn't even get an email back? Very unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

16 May 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview feedback with us. First off, please let me apologize that we did not execute on the expectations that were set in your interview. We should have... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (San Diego, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a girl that could not answer my question. I had to ask several times. The girl because frustrated and would not just say she didn't know the answer. Instead, she didn't ask a someone to help her.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Why are you a good fit for Fortune Builders?   1 Answer

1 May 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback from the phone interview you had last year. We are sorry to hear that the recruiter was unable to answer your question(s). Our team will continue to improve our... More

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders in March 2013.

Interview

Simple process. There's an initial e-mail contact from HR, a one on one phone screen, and an interview with two supervising employees. The first in person interview left a lot to be desired. The person was the same one that did the phone screen and asked the same questions in the in-person interview. The first interviewer had little to no eye contact and kept focus on a laptop. I've never experienced anything like that previously. Second interviewer was more friendly and was easier to talk to.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

There were a few interviews, and it was a lengthy process. They were very thorough. They asked several questions and took detailed notes throughout the process. One of the interviews took hours as they asked specific questions about each place you had previously worked, along with the typical interview questions that are generally asked. They also wanted to know why you left each job. They contacted me and asked for me to provide references. They spoke with all of the ones I gave at extended length, and asked them detailed questions about the work done, performance, and how much I earned while working there.

Interview Questions

• List five weaknesses. This was difficult because they had already asked a lot of questions at this point and they wanted each statement to be unique.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders (Pacific Beach, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Their interview process is definitely dialed in to find the type of person who will fit into their culture. After the first initial online application along with your résumé, you are invited to watch several videos explaining more about their various companies, the type of person they are looking for, and a tour of the different departments. If you are still interested in the position and feel you are a good fit, you can then proceed with an online interview form giving more information about you, your interests, personal development background (as this is super important to fit into their culture), and situational questions to ensure your judgment is on track with yours. It is such a well thought out interview process, I modeled it for a friends company who was looking to hire someone new.

Next, if you make it through and are a match, you are invited into the office for an interview w their hiring coordinators. This is where you will be asked standard questions around strengths, weaknesses, etc. If successful after this round, you are invited back for an interview w the hiring manager where they will ask more detailed questions around your employment history and experience as well as about what you already know about the company and the specifics of the job. If you don't already know the details (salary, hours, requirements), they will paint a realistic and vivid picture to make sure you understand and are still committed to wanting a position there. They don't hire just anyone (in fact they turn away 95% of those that apply due to non-fit) and want to make sure the investment of time/resources goes towards someone who wants to be there as much as they feel you are a perfect fit to proceed.

If successful after this process, you are invited back for a round robin interview with 4 of their Sales Directors (each about 15 min or so) to get to know them and allow them to get to know you and again make sure you will fit on their teams. This is where you can ask more questions as well of what the experience will be like working there. This is the end of the interview process. After this part, if an offer is made, they go through reference and background check and then you are on board. The whole process takes a few weeks but well worth it based on the quality of people they hire and ensuring its a great fit for all involved. If you have a history of personal development, you will recognize the intent of the questions asked and have little issue with any of it. I feel very blessed to be in the reference check stage now and about to start with this amazing company!

Interview Questions

• What do you feel was a strength/weakness of your former boss?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Advice is know the company and what their parameters of benefits, etc are before receiving offer so you can negotiate intelligently.

9 Jul 2014 – Talent Coordinator

Congrats on making it through the process!!! We know that it can be quite rigorous, but it seems like you really understand why we go to such great lengths to get the right people on our team. We... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FortuneBuilders.

Interview

The interview was a comfortable and smooth process. I received a brief tour of the facility as well as a break down of all the different operations that the company runs. Expectations were laid out as well as hours expected of employees in that position. It seemed like a great work environment, good location and full of an energetic staff.

Interview Questions

FortuneBuilders Response

19 Mar 2015 – Recruiting Specialist

We really appreciate your feedback. At FortuneBuilders we are always doing our best to provide a positive experience for our candidates. Thanks again and we wish you nothing but success!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.