Foundry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Foundry Interview Questions

Interviews at Foundry

Sales Operations/Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Foundry.

Interview

The first interview was in their office in Venice Beach. It has a small but relaxed feel. The interview was about twenty minutes long and very simple. The company is based out of London, so the second interview was over Skype from the Venice office. The office has a gate in front of it and is tucked in a courtyard with a few other offices, so it can be hard to find. Everyone that interviewed me was very kind and professional, and it was an overall good experience. They asked you to go over your resume a little, why you are interested in their company, why you feel you would be a good fit, if you had sales and marketing experience, and if you could use salesforce. Afterwords they administered a Salesforce test, which was a step by step list of simple tasks. I had never used Salesforce before and found it very easy. The position requires data entry and office upkeep, as well as supporting the sales staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had success or difficulty in a sales/customer service position   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Venice, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foundry (Venice, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process was three fold: A phone interview with the local Sales Administrator, followed by an in-person meeting, finally an interview via Skype with the Sales Manager, based in London. Interviews were casual, informal, more conversational. They look for the right cultural fit; will train on specifics. Doing your homework on the company history and products is appreciated.

Interview Questions

• General questions on regarding multi-tasking, customer service aptitude. Helpful to have experience with start up companies.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foundry.

Interview

First an initial phone interview about me, my past work history and also about what I know about foundry and their products, have I used any of their products before etc.

Then an onsite interview with a section on python code where you read a script and tell them what its supposed to do. Secondly, a QA test where you inspect their software and have to find as many bugs as you can.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about us?
      Have you used our software before?
      How would you test software?
      What would you do if you disagree with a colleague about a course of action?   Answer Question

28 Sep 2020 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review and for your interest in Foundry. If you have any thoughts you'd like to share on how we could further improve the interview process and candidate experience at Foundry, we'd love to hear from you. You can email our team via recruitment@foundry.com and one of our Recruiters will get back to you. Thanks again, Jody.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foundry in March 2020.

Interview

Had a phone screen and a few zoom calls, (both zoom calls the interviewers joked about HR's inability to do technical tests, not a good look even if it is true.). All the people were super friendly the technical test was emailed was simple enough (under NDA) but the feedback was was verging on nonsense, some of it was to do with code style, and other parts were my own code comments reworded. They missed there own timelines repeatedly, 'we'll contact you this week...'

Interview Questions

Foundry Response

28 Sep 2020 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience interviewing with us. Whilst I'm pleased to hear you found our team to be friendly, I'm disappointed to read your comments about both our administration of your technical test and the quality of the feedback you received. I note from your review that you interviewed with us in March. Since then the team has been working with our hiring managers to make some changes to how we administer and review our tests, with the aim to improve the consistency and quality of our process. Your feedback allows our recruitment team to work on ways to improve our hiring processes and alongside the changes to our technical tests, I will ask that team to regroup with our hiring managers to ensure all interviewers are equipped with the tools they need to make sure that all candidates receive full, constructive feedback - I'm sorry this did not happen for you. I would be grateful if you would email recruitment@foundry.com with the details of your interview so that a member of the team can provide further feedback and we can delve further into what we can learn from your experience with us. Thank you again for taking the time to interview with us and I wish you all the best for the future. Jody

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foundry (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online. HR call the next day. Additionally to HR questions a few C++ related questions.
    A week later I had a call with Lead Engineer. That seemed to go well, thus I had a 2-hour meeting with other engineers. A lot of C++ related questions: virtual functions, implicit constructors, etc.
    A few days later had a call with HR, it seemed to go well and they promised to come back in a few days. I followed up by email, but no response. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• A lot of C++ related questions: implicit/explicit constructors, (pure) virtual functions, delete/final and other C++11 keywords.   Answer Question

13 Nov 2019 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write your review - I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't have a positive experience interviewing with our teams. Your feedback allows our recruitment team to work on improving our hiring processes and whilst we try to provide full, constructive feedback to all candidates, I'm very sorry to hear that this did not happen for you. I'd be grateful if you would please email recruitment@foundry.com with the details of your interview and a member of our team will be in touch to provide feedback and answer any questions you may have. Once again, thank you for taking the time to interview with us and providing feedback so that we can continue to develop our interview process and make sure it is a positive experience for our future applicants. Jody.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Foundry (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online and I got contacted via email a couple of months later. I got interviewed for a role slightly different than the one I applied (they thought I'd be a good fit for it) and I did not get it as it had greater requirements in terms of Python scripting. However I was interviewed a few weeks later for the role I originally applied for, as I believe that they were keen on my skills and experience. Overall the interview difficulty was greater than average as there was a Python test, a small test on algorithmic knowledge and a practical QA exercise (black box testing) which proved interesting. This experience overall was more difficult as this type of company is pretty much in top-form so naturally they would recruit much more talented people. Afterwards they were quite prompt in providing some feedback and I was fortunate enough to have been made an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical Scenario: You verified and signed-off a piece of functionality at build 1 however you are now at build 100 and you have noticed that that piece of functionality no longer works. Without any access to neither the inner workings of the code nor the documented workflow, how would you determine which was the last build containing the working feature?   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Full Stack Web Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Foundry (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

The first interview was in Hangout, It has a small but relaxed feel. The interview was about one hour long, talking about the company, the products, the vision. We also talked about my experiences, what I've done, the issues I had, my way to handle problems. It was really nice, he answered all my questions was a good feeling.

The second interview was in the office in London, they gave me a visit of the office (which is really nice), explained every teams etc. After this I had the technical interview, my experiences, a technical test and some questions about how should I handle some cases.

Interview Questions

• How handle a listing of multiple panels (with multiple information) in a dasboard, to be able to have the more fluid and fast loading view   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foundry (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

First interview by phone with the Web manager, then face to face.
    The interview started with a general test about the role , then we talked about my previous experiences and myself.

Interview Questions

• With a chunk of code, identify the problem in PHP   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foundry (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I first had a quick chat with the hr, then had a hangout interview they assessed my candidature. Then finally I had a F2F interview where they gave a paper with few questions and then we talk about it. There were really nice, one of test was to know how I would face different situation and challenges.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were proud of your work?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between nosql and SQL?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foundry (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Got contacted via LinkedIn. After two positive video calls, (introduction to Foundry + tech call with the lead dev and a peer) I went to their office in London for an on-site interview. I found very warm and welcoming people in there, from the beginning to the end. After a short tour of the office (nice office really) arrives the technical interview. 2 steps: first there's a written short test with a few question related to the position's tech stack and project. But it's nothing formal, just a base for further discussion with the dev lead and another dev. Then comes the "behavior and culture" interview with the same people on topics such as your background or your past failures for example. Also I had the opportunity to get answers to all my questions before we ran out of time. Tech and culture interviews together lasted for a bit more than 2hours. Then we went out for a coffee so I could see the area and close the interview in a very relax way talking about the benefit package and general details. Overall this was a very nice experience and my contact within the company was very reactive and flexible.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between virtualization and containerization ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.