Gaming Laboratories International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gaming Laboratories International Interview Questions

Interviews at Gaming Laboratories International

2.7

Math Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International.

Interview

I applied online. They emailed me about coming down for a meeting and taking a short test on probability, statistics, and coding/programming. You're required to answer 1 question from each subject, and 1 extra from any of the 3. After that, the interviewer comes in and talks with you about the position.
    About a week after the interview, I got an email about creating a code for a random card game using C++. There was a mistake in the email, saying that I had less than 24 hours to complete the task. It wasn't until the next day that I found out that it was due a week later. By that point, I stressed over finishing it so much that I just sent what I had.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time you overcame an obstacle in your life?   Answer Question

Mathematical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Lakewood, NJ (US)).

Interview

It was a 5 part interview. This consisted of an initial phone screening, a 3-part in-person interview, and a take-home test.

1. The phone screening was to see if you actually knew what the company did, and your expectations generally fit with what the company could offer.

2. The first part of the in-person interview was with HR and was a more in-depth version of the initial phone screening. This was just to filter out inappropriate candidates.

3. The second part of the in-person interview was a written technical test that covered probability, statistics, and C++

4. The third part of the in-person interview was with the actual managers (in my case, local dept and regional). In this part they described the position and expectations, and ask you about yourself (typical interview stuff).

5. The final part was a take home test, which was a basic programming assignment.

Overall, the interview process was very professional and organized. The managers were very thorough in explaining the position and what they expected from employees. The questions on the written test weren't especially difficult, but weren't trivial either. If you have a decent handle on probability and statistics and C++ but haven't used either in a while (like me) I would suggest taking a day or two to brush up on concepts and maybe do some practice problems before walking into the interview. This was definitely not something you could cram for.

Aside from that the interview was very relaxed. They never asked any of those stupid "test" interview questions (what is your greatest weakness?). They just seemed to want to genuinely evaluate whether you would be a good fit for the company.

I actually haven't heard back about an offer year, so my putting that I got an offer is just a result of Glassdoor making me pick an option.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work do you think Gaming Labs does?   1 Answer

Mathematical Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Wheat Ridge, CO (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process occurred in two rounds. The first round is a phone interview with the HR manager. This interview is mostly surveying your soft skills and some of your technical background. This interview did not have any direct technical questions. The second part of the interviewing process is an "in person" interview. You are asked to come to the building and you will immediately be given one hour to complete a test. The test has 15 questions relating to combinatorial probabilities, statistics and C++ programming. You have the hour to answer at least four of the questions. After the test you will interview with HR one more time and also the Math Lead for the district. The Math Lead I interviewed with happened to be in Nevada, so the interview was conducted via video conference. Most of your technical skills are assessed via the test, however, the Math Lead will also ask a few more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to overcome a difficult situation in a team environment.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I was first contacted by phone where I spoke to a gentleman about my background and why I wanted to work for Gaming Labs. Soon after, I was setup to do an in-person interview. When I first arrived, I was asked to take a test. The test mostly composed of basic probability questions (e.g. if you randomly pick a card from a standard deck what is the probability you will select an Ace or if you roll two dice what is the probability you will select an 8) and questions related to C++ (pointers, basic math, classes). All very basic and all easy stuff. Then I was interviewed by two hiring managers. We discussed my background, the company, etc. Very general. They did not ask me anything very technical. Overall I thought the interview went great but unfortunately I got a letter today saying that they selected a different candidate "who more closely aligns to their screening criteria" (whatever that means). But overall great experience!

Test Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview was a bunch of behavioral questions- tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here etc. They also ask what I was expecting for my salary. Onsite interview was pretty standard. More behavioral questions and some technical questions. Since I listed C++ on my resume they gave me some pretty basic C++ questions. Also a few statistics problems ( If you flip a coin 20 times whats the chances that youll get 15 heads). Overall I felt that the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• If you flip a coin 20 times whats the chances that youll get 15 heads   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Denver, CO (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

phone interview, fill out a form, face to face for 2 hours with a 30 minute assessment test. assessment was about basic networking with some questions about subnetting but without using any outside references

Interview Questions

• questions were very general--nothing really stood out. Other than the assessment, not sure how they evaluate   Answer Question

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Lakewood, NJ (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR first which they then scheduled an on-site interview. I met once again with and HR representative which was then followed by a written testing basic probability and basic understanding of C++ code (OOP-centric). I was then greeted by two Senior Test Engineers and they too asked about experience and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability of drawing two aces in a row from a deck?   2 Answers

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Lakewood, NJ (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR. Then, the HR person called me for an in person interview. I met with the HR person, then a manager and supervisor. I also took a proofreading test.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International.

Interview

First was phone interview (behavioural). Then onsite interview with different team managers and C++ programing language test. The interview last for 3 hours or so. Different manager asked different questions. mostly all behavioural and situational.

Interview Questions

• C++ language programming language test   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gaming Laboratories International (Wheat Ridge, CO (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call the next day to come in for an interview. There is a personality questionnaire (DISC profile) that needs to be filled and sent to the recruiter prior to the interview along with a transcript. I got to my interview which was divided into 3 parts:
    1. Interview with the recruiter/hr.
    2. An hour test with various probability, C++ and SQL questions.
    3. Interview with an Engineer and a manager.

Overall very easy questions and I'm sure I aced the test. I also know I passed the HR interview which means that I probably failed the later interview. I graduated with a 3.6 GPA (electrical engineering) from a good University and have relevant experience and agreed to take the measly 45k salary that they were offering what leads me to believe that they were rejecting me due to being from a different country (racism) or just bringing in someone they know personally because they're friends. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything but there is no way they found someone more qualified than me at this salary point (and they had more than one opening). Obviously I can't prove it but that's the only thing that makes sense.

Interview Questions

• 1. You roll two dice. What is the probability of getting a sum of 6 (and then a few more variations of the same question).
      2. There are 3 hats with 3 balls each (blue, red, white) what is the probability of drawing one ball from each hat and getting at least 2 blue balls? (no pun intended).
      3. You have a standard deck of cards. You draw two cards, what is the probability of drawing a pair of Aces?
      4. Some really easy C++ output questions (know what passing by reference means).
      5. Another question about object oriented design so study that before the test.
      6. What does SQL stand for?

Those are the ones I can remember   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.