Hoare Lea Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hoare Lea

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (London, England).

Interview

Friendly chat about company with about 2/3 partners in the firm with some technical questions being asked as well about electrical stuff and all. Quite relaxed and interviewer was really friendly and nice

Interview Questions

• They asked some technical questions about power distribution and etc   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea.

Interview

Open communication. Because of the distance to the office they offered me a Skype interview which I accepted. The Skype interview was very good. All employees were very polite and competent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Bournemouth, England) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very quick and basic, the first step was to send in a CV and covering letter. The company then reviewed this over a few weeks. From there a short informal telephone interview was conducted by one of the HR team, I was asked about my personal ambitions and what I knew about the company. The last stage was to have a face to face interview, this was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• I was mainly asked about my experience and studies, no technical questions were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Simple online application, next stage was telephone interview from HR recruiter which felt relaxed - some questions on what you know about the company, a few other competency questions, discussion of salary, location etc.

Next stage was an invite to a half-day assessment centre in Birmingham, nice location/building, extremely relaxed atmosphere, initial presentation from company, group exercise, then 2on1 interview with managers from your potential office location, this was very casual chat about CV, your background, several more competency questions and two technical questions, also had to prepare 10 minute presentation on project I had participated in and deliver during the interview which also was more of a casual chat about the project.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to raise the moral of a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Birmingham, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online at the end of December. I was invited to do a phone interview in January. It went really well, it was rather interactive even though the questions were simple (why do you want to work at Hoare Lea, what does being a consultant engineer means to you).
    I was then invited to an assessment centre in February. It consists in 3 steps: a group exercice, a power point presentation, and a one-to-one interview.
    The group exercice consisted in selecting projects for the planning of a smart-city, based on a given budget. It is time-constrained and I was "working" along with 7 other candidates, making it a rather difficult exercice.
    The power-point presentation was to be prepared before the assessment day: it basically consists in stating why you would be an asset at Hoare Lea, and why you wish to work there. It is followed by questions from the assessor.
    The one-to-one interview went really well, there was a technical questions part (related to the electrical systems in a building), followed by a more interactive discussion on my CV. The interviewer was really nice and I felt comfortable.
    I was not offered the role at the end, probably because my presentation had flaws but mainly because of my poor performance at the group exercice.

Interview Questions

• (One-to-one interview) Q: can you tell me what are the electrical systems in this room?   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

After applying online I was shortly informed that I will be giving a telephone interview.

On the day, the person that was supposed to interview me rang just once and hung up. Called back and was told he was running late for a meeting and that he will get back to me in 1 hour. I also received an email from someone else 10 minutes later sating the same thing.

The interview seemed to go quite well, simple questions, apart from a few comments that I found inappropriate such as when asked what the company does, although I answered, having done my research previously, I was told 'Don't worry, my own mother has no idea what I do here' or ' Let's face it, electrical engineering isn't rocket science'.

I was supposed to get feedback for the interview and was told it would take a maximum of two weeks. I haven't heard back from them even today.

Interview Questions

• Why Hoare Lea?
      What are building services?
      What does a consultant electrical engineer do?
      Having had a previous paid job, in a professional enviroment, how will you see this one?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why did you choose this field?
      Why do you want to do this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Oxford, England).

Interview

Travelled a long way for an interview and never even got an email or call informing me that I was unsuccessful. Never heard back. Why would you want to work for a company that would do that?

Interview Questions

• Background knowledge on subject area and future trends.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Bristol, England) in September 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview was fairly relaxed and the questions were the basic ones. Just make sure do your research of the company before the interview. Also get familiar with your CV.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

After completing the online application process I was invited to an interview in the London office. The interview was fairly laid back, friendly and positive. Mostly asked questions on project work I had completed at uni, nothing difficult or technical. After the interview I did not hear back until over 4 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Bristol, England) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Simple CV submission. Was then asked to go for an interview in their Bristol office where I was interviewed by two engineering associates of the firm. The interview had a fairly informal feel to it and as the interviewers were both engineers, they were mostly interested in projects I had worked on at uni and talked through my CV. Not really any competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Only technical question they asked was, what influence would they have at the beginning of a building being designed by the architect.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.