Hoare Lea Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Hoare Lea

2.7

Intern Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (London, England).

Interview

It was a casual interview with two interviewers, most of the questions revolved around my CV, my previous experience, and knowledge about building services codes and experience with CAD and BIM, I was unsuccessful because the internship offered was 3 months when the requirement from my university was 9 to 12 months.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hoare Lea.

Interview

Online form, CV and cover letter. Then straight to a face to face interview.

Hiring process was very drawn out for only 2 very easy stages. Applied online in November, interview happened around March despite there being no stages in between.

Interview was very relaxed, mainly just CV questions and competency. No technical element to interview but that’s because the specialist division (sustainability) applied for isn’t very technical anyway.

No offer for travel reimbursement at the time, which is poor form these days for grad rec.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Bristol, England).

Interview

1)First step Online application.
    2) short telephone interview and they asked me about my personal ambitions and what do I know about the company and if I can work in a team environment.
    3) Assesment day. Group project, then a presentation and then competency-based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the electrical systems of this building?
      They asked me how do I see my personal development in the company in the next years.
      I did a small presentation on the main core interests of my university and how this can be taken forward with horea lea.   Answer Question

Graduate Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hoare Lea.

Interview

Finished telephone interview, was short and informal, however, I suggest you have a look at your application to them beforehand, as most if not all questions relate directly to the application

Interview Questions

• Why Hoare Lea?
      What do you know about Hoare Lea?
      Confirm the 2 location preferences
      Any questions about the role?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hoare Lea.

Interview

Assessment centre

Started with a 10 person 1 hour long group exercise on sustainable cities, mingle with recent graduates and employees over lunch for an hour or so and then a 2-1 interview with presentation

Interview Questions

• How could you improve the flow of fluid throughout a building?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea in March 2019.

Interview

Interview went well and the interviewers were quite relaxed, I was asked why I wanted to get into engineering and what background experience I had. They explained what the company could offer and how they would help me move forward towards my goal of being a chartered engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into engineering   1 Answer

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Simple online application, next stage was telephone interview from HR recruiter which felt relaxed - some questions on what you know about the company, a few other competency questions, discussion of salary, location etc.

Next stage was an invite to a half-day assessment centre in Birmingham, nice location/building, extremely relaxed atmosphere, initial presentation from company, group exercise, then 2on1 interview with managers from your potential office location, this was very casual chat about CV, your background, several more competency questions and two technical questions, also had to prepare 10 minute presentation on project I had participated in and deliver during the interview which also was more of a casual chat about the project.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to raise the moral of a team?   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Easy going informal chat. Interviewed by two senior engineers who were extremely friendly and welcoming. Interview lasted almost an hour. Competency interviews with a few slightly technical questions related to building services.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hoare lea?
      Why building services?
      Why consulting?
      Name all the MEP systems you’d find in an office building.   Answer Question

Sustainability Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

There was a short phone interview that was very relaxed and a few questions about the company and job were asked. A few weeks later found out about assessment day in February

Interview Questions

• Interview: What is your favorite building, how do you design a zero energy building, why building services, describe a time working a colleague you didn't get on with

Group activity: decide what features should be in a smart city   Answer Question

Sustainability Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hoare Lea (Birmingham, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online via standard basic competency, CV and skills questions. Telephone interview was next stage, completely competency based where you relate your skills on your CV to experiences. Final stage is an assessment centre which took place in Birmingham, consisted of a more in-depth competency interview, 10-minute presentation and a group work task. Offer given to the candidate with the highest final score out of all the tasks. Applied in October, assessment centre in February.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.