Hyundai America Technical Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Hyundai America Technical Center Interview Questions

Interviews at Hyundai America Technical Center

2.5

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center.

Interview

Was pretty short and to the point. No surprise questions. Your typical hr questions. Overall I will rate the interview pretty good. Great engineer to mentor you. It's a very smooth procces

Vehicle Environmental Regulatory Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center (Ypsilanti, MI (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief. They showed up in jeans and late. Some members of the interviewing team that were supposed to show up did not. No one seemed prepared for the interview and all were lackluster. Were flying by the seat of their pants. Honestly, did not feel they were even interested in being there.

Interview Questions

• The basic boring questions.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center.

Interview

Group interview by phone. There were two senior engineers from the team that I would be assigned to that conducted the interview. The process was roughly an hour long, and covered my experiences listed on my resume, as well as some typical questions regarding how I approached problems, my outlook on the Automotive industry, and my general knowledge about Hyundai.

Vehicle Evaluation Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center.

Interview

Applied for open position through website. Got a call within 2 days to set up an interview. Standard interview questions with the manager - very relaxed interview. Within 2 weeks i heard back from HR with a tentative offer. Process was simple and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them what my salary was, and that I was willing to take a small paycut to change industries. They came back with a fair # and I accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center.

Interview

Interview was with the hiring manager and senior engineer on the team - very straightforward. Started off with questions about background and experience, resume review type stuff (education / knowledge / work experience);

then moved on to STAR type questions - for the contractor interviews, I don't believe the interview needs to be as formal as one directly through HR. Nothing really technical - just some questions to gauge level of familiarity with Telematics, wireless technology, maybe Bluetooth.

Position was more clearly explained during the interview, and overall it was a good experience. Contract house rep came and met me prior to interview which was nice (they essentially drove from Troy and then back just to meet me for a few minutes before the interview - great people)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember there being anything too difficult or unexpected in the interview - everything was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

CAE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center (Ypsilanti, MI (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Basic questions regarding LSDYNA Tool and different crash processes.
    Resume is highly looked into. CAE tools should be known in order to get into it.
    Your verbal skills given importance.
    Extracurricular activities are to be described(should have some)
    Research studies if any conducted during School

Vehicle Evaluation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I had general interview with a HR person from Michigan then talked to the HR in Irvine. Then I scheduled an interview with an engineering manager. The interview took about 30-40 minutes. The interview was mostly general questions like "what is your future plan?" Nothing really thchnical.

Interview Questions

• What is your future goal? and some other general questions. Nothing really technical   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center.

Interview

I applied for an NVH engineer and was called about a week later to see if i wanted to get an interview with the hiring manager as a thermal engineer. Went over to the proving grounds and asked about my education and what i knew about the company and their management. i was asked general questions about my experience and what i had on my resume. also about some of the experinece i had that related to the job description.

Interview Questions

• question about leadership. name a time when i managed a team and how my experience dealing with it was.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center.

Interview

Beyond the general STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) initiative questions the interview wasn't too bad. There were technical questions asked in regards to what I knew about Bluetooth:
    Do you know the frequency at which Bluetooth operates?
    Tell me about some Bluetooth Profiles you may be familiar with and explain how they work...
    Have you used any Bluetooth test tools/software, and if so name them please...

Interview Questions

• There were no real difficult questions asked that I can think of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation process. The contract house just gave me a figure and explained that this was what the customer (HATCI) was looking for.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior Township, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyundai America Technical Center (Superior Township, MI (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Phone screened with recruiter where I gave an overview of my current role and the reason why I was interested in seeking new employment. Recruiter scheduled me for an in person interview with interview panel at the Tech Center.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.