Inchcape Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Inchcape

2.5

Health and Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Inchcape (Birmingham, England) in July 2020.

Interview

Applying for a new role is always daunting but going through a recruitment process during the current COVID-19 crisis was always going to be strange. Right from the start the communication from the recruitment team was great, I knew exactly what was going on at each stage.
    The format of video conferencing first interview and socially distance final interview was well organised and I felt safe and comfortable throughout the process.
    I was lucky enough to be successful in my application and have now started with the company. This in itself was very strange, usually busy offices were empty and introductions were conducted via video calls. Even though management and colleagues were not in the office, I was welcomed warmly and everyone made an extra effort to introduce themselves.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based on the Drive 5 Performance indicators   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Inchcape (London, England) in March 2020.

Interview

The whole process was highly professional and thorough right from the start. I was impressed with the capability of the people I met and their commitment to making the right choices. So - no complaints at all.

Interview Questions

• How is the automotive industry changing?   1 Answer
    • What attracts you to the company?   1 Answer
    • How will COVID change the business?   1 Answer
    • Do you enjoy motor vehicles?   1 Answer
    • Do you have international experience?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inchcape in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was called to arrange an interview a couple of days later. My interview was quite informal and we just had a chat about my hobbies, my previous experience and my potential career prospects within the company

Tax Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Inchcape (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Bit lengthy. Spent majority of time talking about the company rather than my skills and what I would be capable of. Head of tax seemed drained, from what I gather there isn’t much of a work life balance. HR dominated the interview. Was awful!

Had to wait couple of weeks for feedback, they came back to my recruiter with a ‘no’ but refused to provide ANY feedback. Very unprofessional.

Regional Digital Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Inchcape.

Interview

It took 2 months to arrange the first round interview because the general manager and later the director had no clue what they wanted with the role. When the interview took place, it was a general questioning of background, proficiency in software, and technical skills. In the end, they passed over me because they wanted someone who was not Asian-American (director is Asian-American) and willing to spend extra budget to hire a local or a Singaporean to fill the role.

They then referred to a more local role and it turned out that did not work out since I "was not local enough".

Head of Reward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Inchcape (Solihull, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Application through Linked In which was easy
    Telephone interview which helped me get a feel for the company
    Face to face interview which gave me a really good feel for the company and culture
    Skype interview with my bosses boss which affirmed everything I’d learned about the company

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inchcape (Sunderland, North East England, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Very informative telephone interview initially prior to progressing to a face to face interview at the office itself. Both interviewers via phone and then in person were enthusiastic and really sold Inchcape well.

Interview Questions

• WHICH ONE OF OUR COMPANY VALUES MEANS THE MOST TO YOU AND WHY?   Answer Question

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inchcape (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews. First, Face to Face HR manager to go over your CV and background. Second, Written test including Excel, English writing, maths. Third, Your manager face to face.

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Inchcape (Birmingham, England) in April 2016.

Interview

They didn't really care if I had the right skills to do the job as long as my values mirrored their values. Think they were more concerned with character than skill level.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Inchcape (Leeds, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then presentation about what you would do to increase page visits to particular area of website which was done in a boardroom with a couple of pleasant marketeers.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.