International Airlines Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

International Airlines Group Interview Questions

Interviews at International Airlines Group

2.3

Cargo Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at International Airlines Group.

Interview

Interview wasn't engaging like ones I had before. Felt like it was rushed and interviewers felt a bit cold. However the rest of team were pleasant on arrival and very helpful.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Madrid (Spain)) in December 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me in LinkedIn. They called me several times to offer me 2 different positions in IAG Tech. For both, I had interviews with the managers. For one position, the recruiter called me several times to inform me that I was one of the finalist (the decision was between 3 persons), and I never hear from them.
    I tried to reach them but I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your current job
      Why do you want to leave your company?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How many people do you manage?   Answer Question

Procurement Category Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hounslow, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Hounslow, England) in March 2019.

Interview

It lasted all of 55 minutes from Hello to Goodbye, during which introductions were made, the structure of the interview was explained and an overview of the Role was given. We then went into the actual interview by both the Hiring Manager and the Human Resource partner. I was asked between 15-20 questions by both of them on which I was expected to reply using the STAR method, which I did.
    Questions were very targeted from a technical point of view, but very broad from a HR point of view. They heavily focused on Politics within a Company and how I address them, which is a good indication of their culture and working environment. At the end I was given 5 mins to ask my own questions.
    Overall, I found the interview very narrow-oriented, superficial and very short for its purposes; 55 mins end-to-end is not enough for a candidate to give a good understanding of their expertise/skills and definitely not enough for them to understand what the Company/people/working environment is like. This I fed back to the external recruiter right after the interview.
    IAG’s feedback was that my replies “lacked depth”, which I found unacceptable based on the above and on the fact I strictly followed the STAR aporoach for ca. 20 questions within a net time of max. 50 mins.
    I’ve previously been interviewed by a similar size/scale Company and their assessment took a full 8-hr day, following which I was made an offer.
    IAG should definitely revisit their interview processes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Kraków (Poland)).

Interview

After the online application, i had a 15 min. phone screening interview with a person working for the HR department. After that, we arranged a longer skype interview with the team leader.

Interview Questions

• The Team Leader and one person from HR asked me about my experience, my academic background and what made me take the decision to apply. Then, they tested my language skills and my knowledge of the arlines sector   Answer Question

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (London, England).

Interview

Contacted by IAG HR via LinkedIn. Initial screening phone call with HR followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and senior manager at IAG UK at Heathrow airport. Interview was a two way conversation and included more detail of the role, the structure of IAG business services and procurement function, and an overview of working practices.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with and engage difficult stakeholders?   Answer Question

Global Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 6 months with gaps of 2-3 months between different interviews. At the end I was told they are interested in hiring me and will present and offer within 2 days. That's been about 4 months ago and I haven't heard from anyone from the company since...

Interview Questions

• What would the team I supervised have to say about me, one good and one bad thing.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Barcelona (Spain)) in January 2017.

Interview

Process through Recruitment Consultancy who did first approach and interview. Following a second day with a presentation of company, a role play and personal interview in English. Third interview over the phone during one hour with it would then be my direct manager

Interview Questions

• Explain your working experience I'm Purchasing and Procurement   Answer Question

IT Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Kraków (Poland)) in December 2016.

Interview

poor questions to evaluate the candidate, no role play or group dynamics or psycological questions, just a single overview of the cv and justification of why you want to change your job and why you want to join.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hounslow, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Hounslow, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, one by phone and other on premise. First one basic HR, motivation and skills and the second contains a quantitative test and a business case assessments and a final discussion with the Head.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one situation where you had to manage a difficult team   Answer Question

Global Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Airlines Group (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Dinámica de grupo y entrevista personal, la dinámica de grupo fue multitudinaria y las entrevistas personales bastante cortas, participaron el responsable del departamento de recursos humanos y el responsable de Procurement de España.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.