Intersection Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Intersection Interview Questions

Interviews at Intersection

2.8

Measurement Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intersection (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn and took the opportunity to explore the role. The recruiter was very transparent on expectations right from the start. It was a pretty rigorous process (in a positive way) consisting of three interview rounds, not including the initial call with the recruiter. The first interview was with the hiring manager, then 2-3 hours of back to back interviews with three C-Suite and three other people from various departments. The interviewers really made sure I was the right candidate and were open to my questions. The final round was a presentation presented to the interviewers from the second round. Throughout the entire process the recruiter was extremely communicative and constantly checking in. He was also responsive if I had questions along the way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where a project didn’t go as planned, what did you do to resolve it or find a solution?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intersection in May 2020.

Interview

I got an initial email from a recruiter and we arranged an introductory phone call. It went well and I was told I'd hear back in the next couple days regarding next steps (arranging a call with the hiring manager).

I never heard back. Completely unprofessional. I sent a couple of courteous follow-up emails. I don't mind being rejected; however, I do mind the lack of common courtesy and decency. It doesn't take long to write a standard rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Standard initial interview questions - discussing my professional experience, why Intersection, etc. Nothing new.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intersection (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Very organized and professional process. Two video interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. Then I met on site with two team members and the hiring manager, 30 minutes each. I did not get an offer but the recruiter was kind enough to call me and let me know.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intersection (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

This interview process was probably one of the most frustrating in my entire experience. Applied directly through the website and heard back a week later to schedule a phone screening with HR. The phone screening went well and recruiter thought I would be an excellent fit for the position and for the company. After the phone screening, we scheduled a video interview with the sales operation manager. After a week she sent me an email apologizing for the delay and that she too thought I would make an excellent fit. We finally schedule my in person interview after a week and a half. On site interview went well, two out of the four interviewers were very impressed with me. After that, it was an endless cycle of following up and them telling me I would hear back but I never did. It was extremely frustrating because they would constantly tell me they would hear back by this date, and I heard absolutely nothing. Another confusing thing about the process was that they all told me that I was a great fit and that they needed to fill the role ASAP. However, they continued to drag me through the process as if they had all the time in the world. There seems to be a lack of transparency from the company and the team if they are going to tell me one thing and then do something completely different. They completely disregarded my time, energy, and money going through all of these interviews. If this is how the company operates the interview process, I can't even imagine how they treat their employees and how they work. Extremely disrespectful to all candidates. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the amount of cups of coffees sold without any internet?   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intersection.

Interview

Initial phone call with HR
    phone call with the hiring manager
    on-site 5 hours interview
    - system design interview questions
    - algorithmic questions
    - product questions
    - leadership questions
    - technical questions with the hiring manager

My overall experience is not very positive when a company brought you to a 5-6 hours long interview to meet with 7-8 people, at least the company owns you simple feedback, hired or not.
    Their HR was very responsive till you come in and then they just disappeared!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intersection (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

One of the smoothest and most professional experiences. Jason (the recruiter) is honestly one of the best that I've had the privilege to work with and he understands the business very well while also stayed in touch with me throughout the entire process. I had just the right balance of time asked of me to spend with the team. Onsite and the experience was pretty top marks for Antony.

Overall the team that I met with and the leaders were great. I didn't get a sense of what kind of leader the CRO was from my interviews though, most somewhat avoided discussing.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to share my experience in out of home advertising, relevant background information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intersection (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied and heard back about a week or two later that they wanted to do a video interview. The interview lasted 20-30 mins. A week and a half later I received a call explaining the position and was told I'd hear back within a few days. Three days later they called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you failed and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intersection (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process was extremely efficient and effective. Communication was excellent. Had I not been interviewing at several places at once, I'd have completed the process in roughly 1-2 weeks time.

Short take-home assessment
    Whiteboarding system design
    Pair programming
    Leadership interview w/VP
    Informal wrap up w/manager

Interview Questions

• Write a program that can create and persist data objects   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intersection (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with HR in NYC- they actually contacted me, i didn’t even apply for a job. Then in person in Philly and they seemed confused why they were interviewing me- definitely the strangest interview experience of my career. Also their receptionist was wearing a mini skirt so short that I saw her underwear- interesting introduction to the company.

Anyway it turned out- and I discovered this during my interview, which I took off of work to make, that the office had given accounts away and wanted someone without experience. I have 15 years of experience so it was super awkward the whole way through. The worst was the fact that the sales manager apparently hadn’t even looked me up on LinkedIn and interviewed me as though I was entry level, when I actually have years more experience than he does.

Interview Questions

• Why don’t you want to be a media buyer   1 Answer
    • Can you give me the names and dollars of your former clients   1 Answer

IT Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intersection (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, friendly easy. Request my availability and quickly got something on the calendar. Lasted about 40 minutes. They asked about why i was looking for work and what my strengths were

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.