King Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

King Interview Questions

Interviews at King

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at King.

Interview

Recruiter added me on LinkedIn, then a whole 2 weeks later reached out for a 15 minute phone screen. The recruiter was basically reading off a sheet when providing answers to my questions, and didn’t even answer them coherently. Was then emailed a couple days later for a first round with a manager. That conversation was very unstructured, basically relying on me to shoot off questions the entire time to keep the conversation going. I was emailed about a week later for a last round, which consisted of 4 30 minute conversations with team members and a surprise case during one of them which totally caught me off guard - the question was given with 15 minutes total to answer and had asked a very specific scenario which is impossible to answer correctly without experience with that specific problem dealing with the specific client asked about. Overall jumbled process with poor coordination and scheduling. Assumed I didn’t get the job because I didn’t even get feedback from the recruiter after following up and completing all those hours of interviewing. It’s rare to get baseline courtesy now with the job search process in general, and this is another example of the lack of accountability of employers to candidates.

Analyst Interview

Interview

1 phone interview with recruiter.

Twice I applied for roles at King and both times the recruiter in charge requested to connect with me on Linkedin immediately after submitting my resume, but did not follow up through formal process of contacting me via email/phone. It wasn't until after a month of my 2nd submission that he invited me for a phone interview, but only allotted 15 minutes for the call and requested that I call him. Although I had never ever experienced a recruiter requiring I call him and only requiring 15 minutes, I obliged. Sure enough, at the time of the call he did not pick up my call nor did he reply to my email. This is by far the worse recruiting experience I have ever had.

I sincerely hope that King will take my experience and use it to improve their recruiting practices because as one of the first human contact applicants have with the employer, recruiters own that first impression, and the one that I was left with is that is that this recruiter doesn't respect applicants' time. Additionally and just as important, to expect to have an informative and valuable conversation in 15 minutes is unreal. If this is common recruiting practice for King, as a candidate, this tells me one of two things; either King has no real desire to get to know candidates to make sure a good match or their recruiting process really is that efficient.

Either way, the entire experience just left me with a very negative image of King altogether.

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

In-house recruiter reached out to me a few days after I applied for the role. We scheduled a time for a phone call and the recruiter asked for my phone number. I spent the time in between prepping and had questions about the culture and role, ready to engage. The appointed time came and went, I got completely ghosted by the recruiter. I tried to follow-up and received no response. I was surprised at how incredibly unprofessional this was for a representative of the size and pedigree of this company.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked - the recruiter didn't bother to show up   Answer Question

UX Design intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Remo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at King (San Remo, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Email contact, asking for a portfolio to match my CV. After that a design case, then a video interview with pre-recorded questions, then phone call, then a final remote interview with 3 different people, checking skills, methods I'd use, but mostly how I'd approach things professionally and personally. It might sound intimidating, but if you're passionate and well-prepared on their values and yours, it will be fine, and they are very nice.

Interview Questions

• If you ended up in a hard situation with a colleague or peer in your past work or student life, how did you treat it?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at King.

Interview

There are many rounds of interviews, but the focus is really on two: a week-long coding challenge and a day-long in-person round. The process took a very long time.

Interview Questions

• If you could only pick one metric to measure a game's success, what would it be?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King in November 2018.

Interview

Two rounds:
    1: Interview on Hirevue where technical, essay, behavioral questions were asked. It included a program to write

2: Interview with the AI head at King. He was pretty happy with my first round interview so he didn't ask programming related questions. He only asked AI related stuff.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Chess and Candy Crush?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at King (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the recruiter within a day. We talked about King and the history/culture. We had an hour long conversation. After that initial meeting I got an interview with the hiring manager. This interview was very light and short to prepare myself for the onsite interview.

After a week I got a confirmation that I will be having an on-site interview with the engineering panel. However, I never got a date or confirmation. I reached out to the recruiter after 2 weeks. The recruiter got back to me after a month and I was told that I will be having another phone interview within a week. However, again I didn't hear back and my emails didn't get any response.

After 2 more months waiting I just left the opportunity. I still didn't get any response which is very disappointing.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at King (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

To start with there was a phone screen with the recruiter and then a half-day meeting with several leaders. Absolutely no follow through in spite of significant time investment. Had to prod for feedback. Very opaque and untrustworthy process. Would not continue with them.

Interview Questions

• Incredibly mundane interview prep given to leaders. Clearly no focus areas just opportunity to rant about current difficult situations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King (San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call from company recruiter with a general discussion about the job. Then the HR setup an video interview with one of their developer. There is no response/result after the last interview, it is kind of not professional.

Junior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at King (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Not a very technical interview. But it was pleasant. It took about 2 weeks, through a series of phone, video and in person interviews. It was clear they were more interested in finding the right cultural fit, than technical savvy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.