Kingston Smith Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Kingston Smith

2.8

ACA Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview is around 20 minutes in early December, very relaxed, they told me at the end of the interview that they wanted to me to go to their assessment day.

Assessment day was a process of an introduction to your role, then a group activity (mine was a communication exercise trying to find out how long it would take to build a tower), then a verbal and numerical reasoning test ( The numerical test is very hard, even if you are adept at maths).
    You then break for lunch and chat to 2 managers from different parts of the firm, they weren't that inspiring about the firm in all honesty. The room you have your assessment is too large for the group you are put in, it made the room feel corporate and didn't provide a welcoming environment.
    After Lunch you are split into 2 groups and provide a presentation on a company of your choice, you present in front of both a manager and some of the other candidates. You have 10 minutes to speak and will need to answer questions.
    After everyone has done their presentation, candidates then go off with a member of HR to conduct a 20 minute interview.

The day itself was mixed. The other candidates where friendly and worked well, but the employee culture didn't give out a vibe of everyone really enjoyed going to their job, furthermore considering the elevator was broken, it would be unaccessible to some candidates. For me I would like to hear from current trainees or even just more staff in general, it just seemed completely run by HR and considering this is an accounting firm, there was very little interaction with these workers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kingston Smith.

Interview

Four stages; application questions, an online assessment (numerical and verbal reasoning tests), a assessment day in London (group activity, presentation on a company of your choice, numerical test, verbal reasoning test, competency interview), Partner interview in the interview you’re applying to.

Graduate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England).

Interview

Application followed by online tests, then a telephone interview, then an assessment centre which involved verbal and numerical tests; a presentation; a group exercise; and an interview at the end.
    They did not get back to me despite saying they would and me sending follow up emails; they just never contacted me again.

Accountant Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

First of all there was an online numerical and verbal reasoning assessment. Then after that I got a phone call which was about 15 minutes long.After passing that I got invited to the assessment day. This began with doing the verbal and numerical tests again. After that we split into groups do an exercise, and then individual presentations. This was followed by individual interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into accountancy?
      What does an accountant do?   Answer Question

ACA Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

The whole process had four stages: application, telephone interview, assessment centre and finally an interview.

The application
    The initial application consists of standard background questions along with some motivational questions. Take your time with these and answer them as best you can. Although there is no word limit, I think around 250 words would be a good amount. Following this, there are numerical and verbal reasoning tests to take. If you're used to doing these then they should be fairly easy however if it is your first time, I would recommend practising beforehand.

Telephone Interview
    If you pass those tests, you will be invited to have a brief telephone interview. Mine only lasted around 10 minutes and consisted of motivation questions regarding the industry as well as being asked what I imagine I would be doing on the job. Just prepare for standard interview questions thinking about the role you've applied for, MKS and the ACA. You don't need to know excessive details but have good core knowledge. At the end of the interview, I was instantly invited to an assessment centre day the following week.

Assessment Centre
    Prior to attending the day, you will get an email explaining the format of the day as well as details about a short presentation you will have to prepare. The actual day starts off with someone from HR explaining a little bit about the company and then you will do an ice breaker game. Following that, the group will be split into two and you will have to complete a logic exercise whilst being assessed by a manager. The actual task is relatively straight forward and quite enjoyable. Make sure you a contributing but not overpowering. Also, make sure that one person in the group keeps track of the time. Following this exercise, there are paper-based numerical and verbal reasoning tests to complete. The verbal was quite similar to the online test however the numerical was significantly harder. The other people in my group agreed and I don't believe any of us fully completed the test. With the tests done, you will move onto lunch with some managers. Here is a good time to ask any questions you might have and also eat to gain back some energy. After lunch, you are again split into two groups for the presentations. At the end of each presentation, you are allowed to ask questions so make sure you are focused on what is being said. To round off the day, there is an interview with a member of the HR team. This is a mix of competency and motivational questions along with a bit about your background and hobbies. You are allowed to take notes in with you so I would prepare a few days before so you can answer to the best of your ability. Overall, the assessment centre was a really enjoyable experience. Everyone from MKS made us all feel really welcomed and comfortable which definitely helped nearer the end of the day where we had our presentations and the interview. After getting home, I received a call from them saying that they would like to invite me to have a final interview in the office of my choice (West End) the following week.

Final Interview
    Prior to the interview, you will get sent a short personality test to complete but I wouldn't think too much into it. The actual interview was very relaxed and felt it was more them getting to know me rather than them trying to probe out all the technical details I knew. The focus began on me and my hobbies along with some work I had done at uni. Then they went more in detail about the particular office and what they offer there. They had my personality test answers with them but they said they wouldn't bother going over it as they liked how I had come across throughout the interview. It ended with a small tour of the office which was really nice. Later on in the evening, I received a call from the HR team in which they said that they would like to make me an offer.

Overall the recruitment experience with MKS is among the best out of any firms I have dealt with in the past. They are quick to provide feedback and have a really friendly atmosphere. I am excited to begin my training contract here and will be sure to leave a review of the firm once I have settled in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to breakdown something complex to someone with little knowledge in the field   Answer Question
    • Working at MKS, what do you imagine you will be doing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have build a professional relationship   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you have worked as part of a team   Answer Question

ACCA Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

First of all, you have to fill out a lengthy online application form.

Secondly, you will receive an email from a person from Kingston smith with a link to a verbal reasoning test and numerical reasoning test. After you pass that, you will be invited for a 15 minute quick interview, which was very informal. Then if she likes you, you will be invited for a day assessment, during which you have to do a group exercise, a paper numerical test, a paper verbal reasoning test, an interview with the HR person and a presentation.

I think I did well, however nobody contacted me back for nearly two months.

After following up I finally received a call saying that I didn't make it. The lady said I passed all the tests, but during the presentation from one of the other candidates I asked a question. She thought I tried to catch him off guard, which I didn't do. So make sure you are quiet, don't interact and don't ask any questions! Very unfair process and I felt like a waste of time. Horrible company, they don't keep their promises and are unreasonable.

Trainee Chartered Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Kingston Smith were very efficient and helpful throughout the whole process. Everyone was friendly and made the process extremely relaxed. Just need to be yourself and research the company and industry.

Trainee Chartered Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Online application form, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. If successful, then a brief 10 minute HR telephone interview, with 3 or 4 broad questions around motivations for studying ACA, what makes a good accountant etc. Assessment centre made up of company presentation, group logical exercise, paper based numerical and verbal reasoning tests (numerical was harder than online), chance to meet and question managers, a 3-5 minute presentation on a company of your choice, and finally a 30-45 minute competency based HR interview. You then get asked to complete a personality test (5 mins) before the final stage, which is a partner interview. This took around an hour, was fairly relaxed and more of a chat about the company, my motivations, and if we were the right fit for each other (they also go through your personality profile from the test). The partner also spent some time up-selling the benefits of the company. At the end you get a tour of the office form a current trainee, and get the chance to ask them any questions.

Graduate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kingston Smith (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

you had to do a teamwork exercise. Very easy work together as a team! Then we had to do the numerical test and verbal! Numerical was very hard and everyone in the group said so!!! SO do LOTS of practice! then have a lunch with managers, they like you asking loads of questions! Then one-on-one interview! just about you and why you want to do the ACA

Interview Questions

Interview

Had to complete online tests both numerical and verbal, as well as some questions. After that you get a telephone interview, with a member of the HR team.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.