Leeds City Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Leeds City Council Interview Questions

Interviews at Leeds City Council

2.9

Housing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Leeds City Council.

Interview

Firstly had to complete an application form and say how you met the person specification. Was then invited to an assessment day. This required a one hour task where you discuss seven made up cases and as a group (there’s about thirty of you vying for a place in the interview stage) decide which five can be housed. It was a long process and you are marked on your contribution. We then had to write an essay over what we knew about the service and what we could bring to it. If You passed this you then get an interview.

Records Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Leeds City Council.

Interview

Online application followed by just one telephone interview with one of the managers. Covered competency questions and some questions regarding confidential information. No tests or face to face interview required. Started the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why you wanted the job? Experience being a manager? What considerations one should make when dealing with sensitive or confidential information?   Answer Question

Legal Officer Interview

Interview

Completed Online Application, wait of around a month till invitation to interview.

Before interview there was a 30 minute written assessment on relevant law for role, followed by 30 minute competency based interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leeds City Council.

Interview

Short written task about enhancing literacy and Mathematics in groups.

After 20mins yiubhave to present your ideas to the panel.

Short interview asking a number of questions around safe guarding, restorative practice and the EYFS.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview with 3 managers. Felt at ease and they were lovely. Quick and easy and very excited to start. Got alot of support and positive feedback and made me feel welcome and looking forward to starting next week

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes test which included test of minute taking and data input and retrieval ,followed by an interview with a panel of three,where each panel member asked about 4-5 questions each based on their area of work.

Interview Questions

• 1.How can your skills and knowledge help you to perform this job?
      2. Examples where you have prioritized your workload.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple processes;
    Group discussion, informal discussion with senior management, informal interview with partner agencies (Health, Education and Probation etc) interview with service users, 5 minute presentation and formal interview.

Graduate Programmer - Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for this post online (the application was fairly straightforward aside from one or two odd questions), and received an invitation to attend an assessment centre around 3 weeks later. At the assessment centre, there was:

A Partner Panel - there were 6 tables set up in the room, each with two interviewers. Candidates were instructed to move around the room until they had been interviewed by each panel, spending 10 minutes with each one. It was designed to see how quickly you build rapport with people, and was slightly odd as you didn't have much time with each panel. Some of the questions were very repetitive and one or two of the interviewers seemed overly judgemental and stand-offish, though most were lovely and made an effort to make you feel like it was just a conversation rather than an interview.

A Presentation - You were only informed on the topic of this on the day of the presentation, and had 45 minutes to prepare for it (without the use of computers etc). A panel of 2 people watched your presentation and then asked questions at the end. Both members of the panel seemed okay but a little stand-offish at times, and didn't seem to go out of their way to make you feel at ease.

A Psychometric Test - this was quite difficult and you were only given around 20 minutes to answer about 30 questions, so many candidates including myself did not finish the questions.

And finally, a Group Exercise, in which about 5 candidates sat around a table as though they were in a board meeting and had to discuss a particular issue/topic, to see how you are in a leadership scenario. This was okay but not very well explained during the actual exercise, leaving the candidates to guess a lot.

Overall the assessment centre was okay but some of it could have been better-designed to assess the candidates in-depth.

I was informed about 2 weeks later on the outcome, and they have said they will send feedback but not until another month from now (about 2 months since the actual assessment centre).

Interview Questions

• What 3 words would your friends use to describe you?
      What made you want to work for Leeds City Council/in Leeds?
      What do you think makes a good leader?
      What can you bring to Leeds City Council?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Lunch Time Supervisory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England) in December 2014.

Interview

common sense questions about safeguarding and confidentiality. Panel of interviewers who ask you three questions each e.g what experience i have had with children, if i was still going to keep doing my volunteer work as well if i was offered the position. Would i like to further my training etc. They explained about the job roll and what was expected of all the staff at the school and that they are opportunities in different jobs in the school if you wanted to do another roll as well.

Interview Questions

• If a child came up to you and asked you to keep a secret what would you say.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Leeds City Council (Leeds, England) in October 2014.

Interview

Arrived early, taken into a room and asked if I would like a drink. Computer only had half of test on so had to finish on other computer, Had a good interview, everyone polite, got shown around, week later got told I had job and asked if I could start after my 4 weeks notice I had to give.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.