London Metal Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at London Metal Exchange

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at London Metal Exchange (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Not sure why these guys have such a bad review on here. My interview was straight to in house where I met two guys for about an hour. The hiring manager was super nice and they even showed me the trading ring. I was very happy with the interview but they were more interested in someone with different experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about how I currently work, projects and processes. Not much technical stuff at this stage. No coding or problem solving.   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at London Metal Exchange in February 2019.

Interview

Video interview with the recruiter, then phone interview with information security manager
    They had advertised the role as entry level but they wanted someone who was already a professional with experience as it turned out. I do not think they have a training programme and the job advertised as entry level was just to pay less salary.

Business Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at London Metal Exchange (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of one on one interviews, general background discussion, discussed how the exchange works, where it came from historically and where it is heading. Case studies for numeracy, general thinking, practical thinking regarding metals in industrial use.

Interview Questions

• If you were to establish a loyalty card programme for a shop in London, how would you calculate the cost of rewards given out in one year if you received a free reward after spending a certain amount? How would you use the information that the cards provided to improve your business? How would you determine whether the loyalty scheme was a success?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.