MITRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MITRE Interview Questions

Interviews at MITRE

2.8

Computer Science Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE in March 2011.

Interview

Found company because of a desire to work for government industry. Emailed HR/Recruiter about job found on website. Discussed back and forth over emails and sent resume. Did a phone interview with hiring manager and that was it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR person said no negotiation was possible.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

One round of interviews with multiple managers. Interviews were back to back. The first was with an HR representative, followed by several 30 minute interviews with managers. There was a fairly long period between when I applied, and when I was contacted for an interview; at least a month. They were interviewing a number of people for a number of roles all at once in order to staff up. Everyone I met with was friendly and inviting during our discussion.

Interview Questions

• They provide a theoretical scenario, which you must analyze and develop a course of action, on the fly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for salary negotiation, but believe it was a fair offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Multi-phased interview process as in phone screen, panel interview, technical staff interview, HR interview, and management interview. Most candidates that are sought are those that are experts in their respective fields and are able to perform as an individual contributor and in a consultant role. Panel interview also includes a presentation which is a focus on the candidate's presentation skills, ability to communicate, and showcasing a mastery of their expertise.

Interview Questions

• Questions can come from a broad range of areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Know who you are an what you have to offer. Keep in mind if you challenge the negotiation be prepared to state your case.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

In my case it was pretty straight forward. I had worked with the hiring manager before when we were both government. When the time came to retire from the military, I approached them about potential positions. Nothing was available at the time, but a year later they came to me and asked if I was still interested.

Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA (US)) in September 2009.

Interview

HR handled the scheduling and travel arrangement process in a very efficient manner. I end up having to come out twice to talk to two different groups. Everyone I met was very enthusiastic and the work environment seemed rather laid back.

The interviews themselves were a little too easy. For the most part, I got to hear a good deal about the corporation's philosophy and some generalities about the work undertaken by the groups to which I talked. But, I didn't feel that one of the groups did much of a job of probing my qualifications and talents (the second group on the other hand, did a more thorough/standard grilling).

Interview Questions

• What would you say are the transferable skills you bring from an academic background which you would be able to apply to your projects here?   Answer Question

Lead Multi-Discipline Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Multiple reviewers and a lunch interview. They probed on the topic of hire and subject matter. Talked about other positions also. Gave a lot of information on the how the company works and its facilities and programs.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would tackle this problem or handle this situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

This is my first job out of college. There was a nontechnical phone screen and then they flew me onsite. The onsite was 6 or 7 back to back interviews with 2 engineers each. They were all technical but they were incredibly easy. They took me out to lunch for a behavioral interview sort of thing as well.

Interview Questions

• Generate the Fibonacci sequence.   Answer Question
    • Reverse the words in a string.   Answer Question
    • You have M dollars and there are N items on a menu. Each costs a certain amount of money. and has a certain amount of calories. What's the most calories you can buy? (Knapsack problem)   Answer Question
    • You have an array of stock prices at the end of each day. When should you buy and sell the stock to make the most money?   Answer Question
    • What is git and how does it differ from SVN?   Answer Question
    • (Resume questions) How did you learn Android? How do you learn new programming languages? What are feedback control systems? What do you know about HTTP servers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went to Bedford, MA for a day. Spoke with almost 30 employees in short half hour blocks. During some sessions I was asked technical questions, others we just talked about the company, my experience. I had the opportunity to ask many questions too.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with about eight groups of a fee peole at a time. They mostly asked about my past experience, and they told me about what they did. Some of them asked me more texhnical questions, like how I would solve or write code for some problem. Nothing was too difficult.

Interview Questions

I loved the company. If they had offered more money I would have gone, but I got an offer from a similar place that had better salary and benefits by a significant margin. I could definitely see myself going back and working there in the future, though.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MITRE in June 2014.

Interview

Two phone screening then call in to interview with 5 different lead software engineers. Four different sections for tech skill set, each section last about 15-30 minutes. Area covered: problem solving skill, OOP knowlege, code implementation and designs.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you are given an assignment that you do not have the knowlege to solve. How do you approach the problem   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.