MITRE Interview Questions

Updated 4 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at MITRE

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 296 candidate interviews
MITRE
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Pleasant experience but slightly long wait times; I suspect this was due to Covid. 1 technical screening followed by 4-5 interviews with HR/other analysts. Mostly behavioral questions about past projects and ability to function in collaborative environments. Technical questions included basics of optimization and statistics.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you faced push-back when working on a project.
    Answer Question
MITRE
Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Streamlined as it can be with COVID restrictions. The interview asked general questions for the most part. Some technical queries were posed, but not a lot. Multiple interviewers were scheduled.

Interview Questions
  • Managerial style and technical competence questions were asked.
MITRE
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Flawless interview experience. From first point of contact HR recruiter to offer and onboarding. Be honest and genuine on why you want to work at MITRE. The firm is mission driven. I spoke about civic duty to serve my country as a civilian since the firm works exclusively with federal agencies.

Interview Questions
MITRE
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

The process began with a 30 minute screener call with a member of the team. That briefly covered my background and gave me a few opportunities to ask questions. After advancing, the next stage was a series of remote interviews back to back (six in total I think) with people from both the Bedford and McLean offices. The people on the calls ranged from the department head to group leads to HR. The questions centered around what aspect of human factors I see myself working on at MITRE and what tools and techniques I used in my work. One interviewer had me quickly create a user testing script for a room reservation system then run through a mock user testing session. There was plenty of time in each of the interviews to ask questions and the interviewers were happy to talk about the team's leadership and the relationship between the two campuses.

Interview Questions
  • Which parts of your experience do you hope to leverage at MITRE?
MITRE
Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

The interview process was rather quick compared to other places I've applied to. About 2 weeks passed from the day I received an initial response to my application to the day that I received an offer letter. The interview felt like a nice dialog. My interviewers were very interested in getting to know me and had many questions about the experience listed on my resume. It was supposed to last about 30 mins but ended up lasting a whole hour. Till this day, it has been the only interview that I found enjoyable, mostly because it was a conversation about my interests and motivation.

Interview Questions
MITRE
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE in Apr 2021

Interview

1) Applied to the position and got reached back out a few weeks later. 2) HR set up a phone screen to see what you may know about the company and to see if youre a good fit. 3) Interviewed over a video call with 1 manager, 1 HR rep, and 3 engineers. The whole process was 2 hours and split up to have 1 on 1's with the managers/engineers. The interview process was pretty smooth, HR was always in contact and responsive. The team would discuss a few days after the interview and then a couple days later and HR rep will discuss with you salary/benefits, and then an offer letter or maybe a call if you didn't make it through.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions and technical questions regarding cloud and linux.
MITRE
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, had one interview with a would be co-worker and then was asked to create a presentation for the department head and a consultant. This presentation was given remotely. The questions were difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
  • What is the best way to organize this department and why?
MITRE
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

I had 1 interview round. It was mostly a resume review going over what I've worked on, what skills I had, and what I was interested in working on at Mitre.

Interview Questions
MITRE
Application

I interviewed at MITRE

Interview

I got an email within a few days applying to set up a call interview. The call itself was fairly technical. I did get a follow up to submit my transcript. I am still awaiting a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied online to a specific Systems Engineering role, then a week later I was contacted by HR to schedule an interview via MS Teams (video conference). I was told that it will be 2 hours long and it'll be a panel interview. When the interview occurred, I logged into Teams and the HR recruiter greeted me and started describing the organization and the company benefits (great benefits). After half an hour into the 2 hours, the other panel interviewers (4 others) joined the video call and the HR recruiter dropped off the call. The panel explained the organization and the role then we broken off into individual 1:1 with each of the panelist. They were all behavioral questions with some asking specific STAR-method formed questions regarding my past experiences. After each of the 1:1, we all reconvened and the panel interview questions started, revolving around my past experience. I followed up with some role-specific questions and then we concluded. The interview questions themselves were "easy," but the length of time overall was the only negative part. I was really happy to get interviewed by MITRE, so overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • If you had the opportunity to fix one problem at any of your previous roles, what would it be?
  • Can you describe a time that you had to optimize a process in any of your roles?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 296 Interviews