Marcus & Millichap Interview Questions

Updated 3 Feb 2016

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Long Beach, CA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple three-part process: (1) initial interview with VP; (2) personality assessment; (3) meeting with senior individuals. The personality assessment is essentially a quiz of your sales skills. I wouldn't recommend trying to game the assessment, but think about what you'd be looking for in a salesman (which is basically what you'll be): high-energy, driven, self-motivated/self-managing, etc. ALSO, think very carefully about whether you'd be willing to invest time and forgo income for the initial year or so when you'll be making very little to no money.

Interview Questions

• The usual. Why commercial real estate? Walk me through your resume. Prepare a bulletproof response to the "why CRE" question. Also think very carefully about how you'd respond to a question asking how you'd survive for the first year without making money (e.g., move back and live with parents; have partner support you; etc.).   Answer Question

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to do an in-person interview just days after. When I went into the office, the man that interviewed me had this very cocky attitude. He told me that it was a predominantly male industry and that as a pretty girl I was better off just being a secretary. He wanted to set me up with an interview to be a secretary instead of a broker. I had never felt so insulted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Interviewed by the office manager first. After that I was interviewed by the agent. All of the questions were straight forward common interview questions. However, I'm under the impression the interview process depends on the agent you're supporting. After accepting the job there was a LONG exam, covering everything from knowledge of excel to power point. In addition, there was a personality test. Again this administered after accepting the job. As for as I know everyone has to take the exam.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Tampa, FL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, team lead interview, team support interview; Had 4 interviews including personality assessment and computer skills. Interviewed with 2 teams as well and was able to choose my team. Everyone was wonderful. The teams are very well organized. Everyone there seems very happy with their jobs. Very professional office. Great opportunity

Interview Questions

• Why real estate; long term goals; expected income goals; and they offered me a career track   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and came to an agreement. Long term potential appears to be there

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Very basic interview process. Submitted application, two days later received a call to go in to office and speak to director. Everyone in office was very nice. In the interview, mainly just asked about my resume and my experiences.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy going and informal. The employer asked about my experience in commercial real estate and what I wanted in a career. Explained more about the position and what I could expect. First I had a small interview over the phone then an in person interview. I was supposed to go on to second rounds but never received a call back.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap.

Interview

Met with boss for a 15-20 mins. He didn't have any technical questions or such... Don't think he wouldve been able to answer technical questions. He just wanted to make sure that I was a team player (aka pickup his lunch).

Commercial Real Estate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

There was an online test on sales aptitude assessment first. Then the manager called the second day to schedule a face-to-face meeting. The overall interview had a lot of behavioural questions, especially on details of cold calls. The job responsibilities is more like an internal real estate agent rather than an external one, just cold calls, meetings and paper work.

Commercial Real Estate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was later contacted by a Sales Manager to come in for an interview. Basic questions about school and past work experiences. He was very transparent about the responsibilities of the role and that it is 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to financially support yourself for 9-14 months?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marcus & Millichap (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was rather easy, I sat in with the whole team and they basically just asked about myself and my interests. Was rather formal, I wore a jacket and tie. Overall not that bad.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a business setting   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.