Marketing Evolution Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marketing Evolution Interview Questions

Interviews at Marketing Evolution

2.5

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution.

Interview

First round focused on who you are as a person and past experiences, later rounds focused on relevant experience and fitness for the role.

Hiring process was pretty standard, phone screen, webcam, in person, then reference check

Analyst Interview

Interview

The most bizzare and dissapointing interview EVER!!

Okay so I had a pre-screening call which was fine. 2nd round was a an on-call interview with the Hiring manager. I researched quite a lot about the company, the position and the problems I may be solving and was prepared to give a great interview:

Start the phone call with the hiring manager and she seemed disinterested from the minute go. She said she'll go over the job and then ask me questions which seemed perfect! She went over the job which was fine. She asked me a couple of questions and I answered. And the questions were, 'Why are you interested in this job, are you proficient in XYZ Skills, what is your ideal job?' She didn't want me to brush through my Resume or know about me.
    But now the problem starts. I was so inclined towards the job that I asked her, 'Can I start tomorrow?' to which in ALL my previous interviews, the interviewers have laughed and responded, 'I like your eagerness.' to which this hiring manager took it in the literal sense saying, 'Uh, I need to interview other candidates.' I KNOW THAT!! That was to show my 'EAGERNESS' to work in this position. I then asked her, 'What problems will I be working on if I do get this job.' and she again said, 'I need to interview other candidates as well.' I asked her what accounts/clients I will be working for to which she said, 'Sorry, I forgot.' Wow. You know a lot how to interview candidates. I also asked her, 'What are the next steps as I'm looking forward to start soon.' which BTW means "I'm immediately available to start." Not that "I've got the job" but she ended up replying again, 'I need to interview other candidates.' Lastly, I asked her if she has any questions for me to answer and she said she has None. I wanted to go through my resume, talk about my projects and the skills I have to offer which she wasn't interested in at all.

Please Note: Interviews are supposed to be a conversation, not an interrogation. Most of the times, interviewees, to stand out, talk about the job, skills, etc but also crack a few jokes, show eagerness of wanting to work here and be pleasant. If you're going to be so stringent in the interview process, you might lose a great fit! It's 2019, not the 80s

Result: In less than 2 hours, I get a rejection mail.
    I really like their ROI Brain product and might pitch it to my current company but honestly, would never interview here again if there are people who can't understand the difference between 'eagerness' and 'pushy'.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I went into the NYC office for a series of 5 interviews over the course of one afternoon. Each interview was conducted by 1 or 2 people.

The interviewers were prepared with questions and the entire process was well orchestrated by the talent department. This included the use of company-owned laptop to video conference with employees who happened to be out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• One question was about my experience with architecting large-scale data systems   Answer Question

Manager FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Where to start? First off, the interview process itself was fairly typical. Started with a phone screen with the internal recruiter who asked very basic accounting questions as if I didn’t understand my profession, then a one-way video conference with the hiring manager where I was the only one on video (kind of odd but whatever). Then I arranged to travel to their NYC office to meet everyone and went through three interviews; one with the hiring manager again, one with someone on the team, and one with the president of the company.

What is so frustrating about this experience is how much I truly felt this was a good company, only to have been completely ghosted and ignored at the end of the process. As I went through the process, I received all good feedback and was assured I was being considered very seriously and they were excited about my candidacy. They asked me to fly out to NYC to meet them in person, and because of their communications, I was happy to spend the ~$700 it cost to make the last-minute travel arrangements. I interviewed and felt they all went very well, then silence... I followed up a week or so later and was told they filled the position, but felt I would be a good fit for another role and THAT was actually the role I had interviewed for in NYC apparently. Anyway, they told me they didn’t have budget approval, but would have a better idea in a few weeks. What’s the problem here? The problem is you asked a candidate to spend a pretty significant amount of money to fly up and interview for a job that didn’t even have budget approval. Whether this is true or not is a mystery, but that is what I was told by the internal recruiter.

Now, I’ve waited some time to write this as to maybe give an opportunity for any follow-up but my candidate profile was apparently archived, I received no rejection, and no update on whether they would hire for the position and it is months after the interview. Fortunately, I was able to accept another offer elsewhere and I feel I dodged a bullet with this company.

Advice to Marketing Evolution: be more clear with your candidates. To have the audacity to lead a candidate on and ask them to arrange last-minute travel and not even have the decency to send them a rejection or any real meaningful correspondence at that is absolutely absurd. It was a TOTAL waste of my time, money, and caused me quite a bit of stress. You guys know better than to waste a candidate’s time, money, and energy like this.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution (Rancho Cordova, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Really disappointing. I went all the way through the interview process- including meeting with the CEO. I was contacted by the recruiter immediately after to move to next steps, however later that night around 8pm received a call from someone different saying that they decided to re-think the position and they would not be moving forward. The next day I found a new position posted online that was a different title. Inside the job description I was surprised to find many of the ideas I put forth to the CEO in our interview. It appeared that I gave him a lot of great ideas to implement. I assume that they must have re-titled the role so that they could hire someone for a lower salary. Glad I could help the company out!

Interview Questions

• Please tell me how your last 5 managers would rate you on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is very disconnected and completely in reverse. There is one person who reaches out to you (an assistant) and does not provide and pertinent information on the company, benefits, etc. Your first two interviews have NOTHING to do with your background and how it relates to the job.

Your first 2 interviews are all with people who you aren't working with nor who are your supervisors... neither of who can tell you about company benefits, etc.

You finally get an in-person interview and they finally ask about your background, etc. Again, no one can answer company-related questions.

And you end up wasting 2 weeks with a generic email from some guy in Philadelphia telling you that you're not a fit.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed at the NY office. The process took almost a month and after phone-screen, with HR and CTO I was invited to their NY office.
    Since I lived 200 miles from NY and HR knew about it there was never even a mention of reimbursing me for the travel costs. After I spent $150 out of my pocket, I met with 2 guys in a conference room who seemed so inhospitable that I decided it would be impossible to work with them. One of the guys connected from London, who blabbered over the phone and it seems even his coworkers didn't take him seriously. The interview lasted 35 min and HR was so unprofessional and told me I would receive a call from their CTO within a few days but it has been over 10 days and she even did not respond to my mail when I asked her for an update.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL query to get data from two tables based on clickstream data
      2. Reverse the order of elements of two lists inside a list   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

Interview

Interview with first person I met was pleasant but seating was awkward. We weren't in a conference room, so I sat at the side of her desk as she typed while asking me questions. The 2nd interview the people I met they had no knowledge that I had been there the week before in person to interview? So that concerned me. That information is typically shared amongst the hiring team as you would hope they are excited to meet you and piggy back on what the first person went over when you were there a few days before. I did not feel very welcome there and they seemed completely apathetic during the conversation.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager's first statement was confusion as to why my area code was not a Sacramento area code for my cell phone? Why does that even matter? People actually do move . I thought that was really bizarre. Why should an applicant have to explain where they lived when they first signed up with Verizon Wireless? The questions about things I've done in the past were in line with what the job required and even more advanced. But they couldn't seem to connect the dots on how that was related and just gave blank stares. I think the team there needs to update their interview skills and perhaps get some training in this area.   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution.

Interview

The process consisted of two phone interviews and one in-person interview at their office. They asked standard interview questions, and at times it almost felt like they were reading off a list (which is fine, if not a bit robotic). The interviewers were very easy to talk to, and they provided me with a thorough description of the job and company culture.

During the in-person interview, they had me do a short write-up and presentation on how I'd accomplish job-specific tasks. Then, they had me do a phone interview with some remote management. The interview wasn't difficult — overall, it was pretty laid-back and conversational.

I followed up with a thank you note, but a few days later I received a rejection. They didn't give me a specific reason for this, and I thought the interview had gone over well, but I enjoyed the process nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself as a worker on a 1-10 scale?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Evolution (Rancho Cordova, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I had a screening call with the recruiter, who was pleasant, then a call with the hiring manager. I was brought onsite to meet with the team. I was impressed with caliber of talent I met with.

Interview Questions

• How do you drive a culture of QA in an engineering team?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.