Maxxima Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Maxxima Interview Questions

2.9

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England) in September 2011.

Interview

A Maths Test timed within 10 minutes, where I was required to calculate questions mentally. Then 2 interviews; the first was with the Head of Sales and a Sales manager, the second included the head of sales and the two directors. It was a formal affair, but they all had a friendly approach

Interview Questions

• What did you do in University Outside of your course   2 Answers

Negotiation

Accepted immediately

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (City of London, England).

Interview

Very relaxed, and informal. Pleasant lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a series of one on one interviews with various divisional heads all conducted in the open plan conference room within their London City offices.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't hit with any difficult or unexpected questions, principally because the Managing Director contacted me directly for an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Immediate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreditch, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (Shoreditch, England) in January 2017.

Interview

face to face
    with 2 manager
    - there is a test that you will take
    - you will then have a chat with the managers
    - they make it very comfortable for you
    - its clear they want to see what type of person you are, getting a feel for your personality and how you'd handle situations

Interview Questions

• questions about your cv
      questions about the job role
      questions about the company
      scenario questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shoreditch, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maxxima (Shoreditch, England) in May 2015.

Interview

I took a unique route into the company. Working in the office on an unrelated temporary admin assignment, I was given the opportunity to interview for a permanent compliance position, unlike the majority of employees who are expected to progress from compliance to becoming a consultant. Having previously been observed within the office, I was given a less formal interview with the compliance manager, followed by another informal interview with the managing director and a senior consultant, then a maths test.

Interview Questions

• Would I be ale to deal with handling numerous candidates by phone and email every day?   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maxxima in May 2016.

Interview

The first stage was the telephone interview in which they asked general questions about the industry and my relevant work experience. At the end of the interview (more of a chat) I was invited to one of their assessment days held at the office. This was a great experience and an effective way for the managers to get to know you. The activities included a group presentation, a one minute pitch and a numerical test.

Interview Questions

fantastic company but for personal reasons I had to decline

Anonymous Employee in Hoxton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxxima (Hoxton, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Assessment day at a local hotel.
    Several group presentations, mental arithmetic maths test, introductory speech, one minute pitch, formal interview.
    Warm and friendly atmosphere, plenty of opportunity to shine. Definitely a better way of hiring than a series of straight formal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Several interviews throughout the day including a one minute pitch to the board. There was also a very simple maths test using rounding skills and mental arithmetic.   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maxxima.

Interview

First round was an assessment centre in a local hotel, lots of fun, lots of laughs and many likeminded people. Had the second interview with two of the team leaders in the office.
    The assessment centre was positive, people and the management team were friendly and honest. However, the second interview was unexpectedly bad, and I was treated rudely the entire time.
    I felt unwelcome when I entered the room, like she had already chosen the ones she wanted and my interview caused her inconvenience. They wanted to get it done as quickly as they could and asked inappropriate and repetitive questions. I felt like I was being interrogated and grilled in terms of my personal family plans (children) and was very insulted. I was asked repeatedly in a harsh tone about why I hadn't already moved to the local area even though I hadn't been assured of getting the job yet. When I don't have a job, why would my partner and I buy a house here when we are still working elsewhere? It felt less like an interview and more like an inquisition into my personal life. Plans on living arrangements and opinions on children should have no place in an interview. The feedback was equally poor, low in detail and felt more like an excuse than a reason.

Interview Questions

Maxxima Response

16 Feb 2016 – Group HR Director

Thank you for your review and advising us of your experience. It's important as the points raised in your feedback don't reflect the general culture of our business. We've investigated what occurred... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

-Telephone interview: mainly question you on why you chose Maxxima and the position you've chosen
    If successful, you will be invited to the Assessment centre.
    -Assessment centre: presenting a sales pitch in just a minute (I'd advise you to practice which would cut down on filler words and etc)
    -Maths test
    -Presentation
    If successful, in all three areas, then you'll progress onto an interview with one of the managers.

Interview Questions

• (Just from briefly highlighting employment working at a well known shoe shop)
      Q: What was your target you had to hit when working in retail?
      Q: If a customer were going to buy dreadful looking shoes, would you support their choice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

testing but very well managed and structured. Introduced to all managers and shown round the office which was very insightful! very inspirational people, enjoyable experience and new interview techniques to what i was used to but very good experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Maxxima (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role of Trainee Recruitment Consultant through GradTouch. The early stages of the application went very smoothly, and the people I spoke with were helpful and kind. The first stage consisted of a couple of telephone interviews with different people, the first of which was a more laid back "mock" interview, in which the interviewer gave me tips and advice. This was preparing me for the "proper" phone interview with a senior member of the recruitment team. As with the first phone interview, it went extremely well, and I was invited to meet with this senior recruiter and his divisional manager. The first face to face interview was extremely pleasant - I was asked to complete a short Maths and English test before sitting down to speak with the senior recruiter and divisional manager who engaged in a friendly and light manner.

After this, was then invited back to interview with four more different people. By this point, I was questioning why so many people had dealt with my application process (by the time I had finished, I had been interviewed twice via phone by two different people, and three times in person by six different people). This obviously added some major element of confusion, because that final interview with two heads of departments and two senior management (inc managing director) really was one of the worst interviews I've ever been to.

Starting with the first interview: two guys who would be supervising me if I were to be accepted, only asked me a couple of questions with this portion lasting no longer than 5 minutes. The second interview with the managing director and another senior management person lasted slightly longer. There was evident confusion between these two sets of people, with the first claiming that the "proper" interview with be with the MD and his partner, but the MD and his partner seemed to think that the "proper" interview was with the first two guys as they'd be the ones I'd be working with directly.

The MD and his partner didn't ask me a single question in relation to the job or my skillset and experience, and instead pried and nosed into my personal life, asking why I'd choose to commute from Kent (it's a 55 minute train journey to London from where I live). They then continued to question whether I was in a relationship (as if it's relevant!) and claimed that I'd never be willing to relocate if my partner lives in Kent. They made a huge deal about my having to commute although I had told them from the very beginning that I would be commuting. The interview was very odd and extremely unprofessional in my opinion.

Not one of the four people who interviewed me that day seemed to know the process or that I was even arriving. They all claimed that they weren't responsible for hiring, and pointed the finger at each other claiming that their interview wasn't the "proper" interview (as if that's an excuse for asking inappropriate questions). The whole process was very uncomfortable, and one of the worst experiences I've ever had in interviewing.

After the process was finished, they cited their worries over my commute as one of the major factors as to why they didn't offer me the job, which was extremely annoying, as they invited me to interview twice and held two phone interviews with me knowing I was currently living in Kent. Ultimately, the mixed messages, misinformation and invasive questioning really put me off. I'm actually glad they didn't offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of competency based questions during the phone interviews and first face-to-face interview, e.g. "Tell us about a time where you showed strength of character."   Answer Question

Maxxima Response

21 Jul 2017 – Managing Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review – whilst it’s great to hear that the early stages of the application process went very smoothly, it is really disappointing to read about the rest of... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.