NORR Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NORR

NORR

Application

I interviewed at NORR

Interview

It was just regular interview, tell them about your self and former works, also shows your portfolio and explain your works. and how you do it and what was the problem and how you resolve and problem.

Interview Questions
  • Are you able to manage BIM program?
    Answer Question

NORR

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at NORR

Interview

Took about four weeks, questions related to your experiences. There was one hiring manager, the meeting was held in microsoft team. There was no technical question at the first interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NORR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NORR

Interview

Human resources called me 4 days after I submitted the application to schedule an interview. I was given the option to hold the interview over the phone. I was interviewed by two senior engineers (no HR) and the questions were mostly technical.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NORR (Detroit, MI) in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied online the day before I was contacted for the interview. The interview lasted about an hour, but it wasn't as focused as I'm used to. There was lots of personal conversation and camaraderie, which is great if you think you're going to get the job, but a little misleading when you don't. I felt that I had to steer the conversation towards the position, and ended up asking more questions than I was asked. They took a very long time to get back with me despite numerous follow ups, and I didn't end up getting the position even though I thought I was a great fit. They ended up going with what I feel is a "safer" option -- someone who they were confident would be satisfied being a coordinator for a long period of time. Even though I addressed the fact that I wanted to be in my next position for a long time and that the position was definitely a step up from my last one, my canned comment about desire to grow within the company was viewed as a negative aspect of my candidacy and I was not offered the position. I was given the feedback I asked for, which is pleasantly uncommon for the companies I have interacted with in the past, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't writing this review to soothe my disappointment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NORR

Application

I interviewed at NORR

Interview

Fairly quick. I applied online and received a call from HR. After an initial interview with the manager, I submitted my references. Once the references were complete, I was given an offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at NORR (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2018

Interview

I interviewed in Toronto in mid October. They were quick to get me in to an interview and then two weeks later I had a second interview. Although at first they weren't very encouraging, I was actually surprised that I was called for a second interview and got a job offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dubai

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NORR (Dubai) in Dec 2017

Interview

Its more on technical side of Mechanical Engineering and my previous project handled. Its about how to communicate to each and every member of the company. Its a process of how to help each member of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Draw the schematic diagram of each mechanical services - HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Gas

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NORR (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Applied for a position with the CHICAGO office. Received most correspondence outside of business hours. Interview was easily scheduled; wasn't told that the building has a sign-in procedure. (Important detail, since the door person wasn't there when I arrived.) Unfortunately, the level of professionalism didn't go up from there. In summary, this office joined NORR after being its own firm for some time, and part of another multi-city firm for a few years. This office has a studio-type organization, so that one group of people handle a client's projects and are involved in them from start to finish. Many projects are retail and restaurants, and they've had a strong practice even through the recession. So the business is doing well, but what about working there? Here's what I learned. They have senior-level people and junior-level people, but a dearth of mid-level people to act as go-betweens. Was told that the firm keeps everyone busy to the tune of 45-50 hours per week. Implication was that the pay isn't great. Comments to support/bolster these statements (by stating that high hours and low pay are part of the profession) lacked professionalism. Super casual dress code. OK with longer or shorter lunches, going for an afternoon coffee, and so on, as long as the work gets done (implication being, as long as the hours are put in, as opposed to completing the assigned tasks; be sure to get clarification on that). Problem solving and research skills are valued - confidence in being able to research how to incorporate a product into a building, adapt technical details, and so on. "Being responsive" is a quality they value in this "fast paced" office, and one that isn't always understood by junior members of the firm. Management of the Chicago office might do an OK job, but a hole at mid-level raises concerns. My $.02: if you love a sense of urgency and the craziness for which "fast paced" seems to be a euphemism, have fun. You'll get to work with clients to some extent, and see a lot of projects. If you prefer to finish a task before starting another and frequent unplanned interruptions wouldn't delight you, ask careful and pointed questions to suss out if this would be a match.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the conversation was getting a sense for this specific office. One of the few specific questions was about expected compensation.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at NORR (Liverpool, England, England) in Sep 2017

Interview

super friendly management - interview was a very relaxed chat. I was shown the type of work the company is dealing with and example of projects currently under work.

Interview Questions
  • are you dealing with housing projects

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at NORR (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2017

Interview

Interviewer was very obnoxious and self-absorbed. Spent a lot of time talking about everything he knew and everything he worked on. Almost as if he needed to pump himself up. He also spent time looking at emails on his phone during the interview. Too bad I didn't get up and walk out right then and there. No sense of professionalism whatsoever. Asked questions regarding what support the company provides in terms of career and education furthering. From what I gathered from his answer, they do not invest a lot of time and money into their employees careers... unless you are a manager. "We offer courses for our managers but not for someone who wants to be a manager" - Direct quote. Interviewer told me I wasn't worth as much as I was expecting in terms of salary because I have a college diploma and not a university degree. You don't need to go to university to have an education that is valuable, furthermore, an education from a university does not necessarily equate to intelligence. Anyone can study, do a few tests, get a degree, the real question is..... CAN YOU APPLY YOU KNOWLEDGE?! All-in-all, I was very VERY unimpressed with this office. Seemed like a sweatshop. I wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first time going to an interview with a very large company but it was a total disappointment. I would not recommend ever applying to work with this company. I knew 5 minutes into the interview that this place is a terrible place to work. FYI, to NORR, if you're trying to look for good employees (which I don't think you are), put someone more professional who presents themselves well on the front lines. First impressions are everything.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about where you currently work?
  • Why are you choosing to leave? Are you in a hurry to change jobs? (The second question was quite odd).
2 people found this interview helpful