NRG Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

NRG Energy Interview Questions

Updated 29 Aug 2017

2.5

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy in May 2017.

Interview

Most pathetic HR team. They mailed me in evening for interview which was scheduled for same day afternoon. They require local candidate from Chicago and still they mailed me for interview even though I stay in NJ. Why would you interview a person who is not local in first place. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you come down today in early afternoon from NJ to Chicago for interview ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. It was a panel interview with 6 people but 1 person taking the lead and the others chiming in occasionally. I basically just went over my resume with them and answered any questions they had. The interview went great. Was told I would hear something either way in 2 weeks. That was 6 weeks ago. I have emailed once and called once with no response. So if you are looking for common courtesy from HR then you better skip this place. As job candidates we prepare, take off of work, and scrutinize ourselves after the interview. We at least deserve a "Dear John" snail mail, email, something. Totally disrespectful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a 2 1/2 hour interview with four different people, 30 minutes each. The first was with the HR recruiter who was very nice and asked me typical behavioral questions about project management. The next person worked in a team that was looking for the intern and they asked me about my interests and asked me case questions related to the problems the team was facing. The last two people talked about what they did in the team and what the intern would be doing. The interview overall wasn't that bad. It just took a long time to hear a response back. It turns out the company wasn't going through with the internship anymore.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy.

Interview

Applied online and received phone interview and then onsite. Started with HR and then hiring manager and then the team. Received offer within a month. Positive experience overall and just need to get through the initial stages.

Interview Questions

• The standard corporate finance questions. Nothing difficult. Prepare to answer why you want to work in energy   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NRG Energy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone with hr and then onsite with director and team members
    Nice building. The group was small and focused.
    Overall the company sounded focused on narrowing margins and the bottom line which was good

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Bad HR, makes you wonder how are these people supposed to have people skills!
    -Contacted by an HR through a common connection and was told my profile "is a peft match for the role" and that we should have a phone call.
    -I follow up, no answer. I follow up again, and again, and again. After three weeks, HR returns to me saying they decided my background is "a bit off" without an apology

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with HR over the phone and then 6 back to back interviews lasting over 3 hours. As for getting feedback? Forget it. HR went completely missing in action for nearly a month. After several calls and emails asking for an update, I finally received a FORM LETTER saying my skills were not a match for the position. What a complete and utter display of incompetence and professionalism. I am received the company showed it's true colors before I may have accepted a position I would have most certainly regretted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle bad requirements.   1 Answer

Lead Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Very Relaxed, Not too difficult, Went over all the previous experiences, had a phone screening before as well, was pretty straightforward, had to walk the manager through my resume

Director of Business Operations Interview

Interview

For some reason, we skipped the HR screening interview and went straight to the hiring authority. Basic interview questions. Lead interviewer was low-energy and seemed pressed for time, which seemed strange given that this was a director-level position. It didn't go any further, which was a relief. I don't think I could have lived in Houston.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NRG Energy (Franklin, MA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Trains you on the spot. Easy to grasp concepts. Trains you on how to be successful and create leads for the team and yourself in which you get paid for monthly. There is also hourly pay added to that and bi-weekly pay for lead generators.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe will help you be successful with NRG?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.