NYC Teaching Fellows Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Fellow

NYC Teaching Fellows Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at NYC Teaching Fellows

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Step 1- Online questions regarding your past experience, etc.
Step 2- Phone interview, 25 minutes scenario based
Step 3- In person teaching sample, prepare to be there for 3 hours

Don't be nervous for the teaching sample. Follow the guidelines online and be yourself. It's very competitive so don't take it personally if you don't get i! Had a great time meeting other potential fellows.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for NYC Teaching Fellows

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows.

Interview

After sending in application you are either accepted or denied. After acceptance you are invited present a mock lesson and to take an exam. After taking the exam you are placed in a grad school as well as public school for classes or training.

Interview Questions

• There are none. If you are passionate it will show. Just make sure you are following EXACTLY what they want from you. The one thing that was disliked is that teachers must follow how they want us to teach.   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NYC Teaching Fellows (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

There were three steps to the application process. You fill out online application, which includes essays to be written answering basic questions about your feelings regarding education/education reform and why you want to be involved. You are then advanced to a group interview which begins with an exam consisting of mathematics and strategies for teaching. You are then broken into groups, in which you must present a 5 minute teaching exercise. Then you work in a group on a case and finally you are interviewed individually.

Interview Questions

• The individual interview session goes over how you could have improved your teaching exercise or added to the group exercise. You do not have much time to reflect, so this can be difficult.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.