Nasdaq Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Nasdaq Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Nasdaq

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview.
Phone interview is an hour long typically. In person interview is 3+ hours. The interview consisted of personality and technical questions. The technical questions were tough but answerable as long as you know what you are going in for.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge of Java?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nasdaq

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Lakewood, CO (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview had 3 stages. The first was about Java, then about big data, and finally with management. I didn't meet all the criteria for the position but believed there would be an opportunity to learn. It was really a waste of time since it took 2 weeks to finally be rejected after an onsite interview. If there was a specific requirement for the position that I didn't have than it would have been better to reject my resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions about which big data technologies I have used.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward, and very typical - talk with a member of the team, size each other up in terms of technical ability, and gel with personalities. Briefly talk with the team manager in a 2nd round, and if both like you - it's pretty much a done deal.

Now comes the completely horrible part, and after I've had enough - I rescinded their offer, I have better uses of my time, much less completely unnecessary invasion into my personal / professional life. Mind you this was merely a contract job that was scheduled to last about a year, at a below average rate.

Drug Screen - fine, we all know what this means though.
    Background Check - fine, whatever.
    Employment Verification - 7 years worth of it.
    FBI Fingerprints - I had to dig for this one, broker / dealers are subjected to it - to which then they just apply the "well everyone has to" card, seems excessive given the background check already.

Now comes when it becomes just asinine. Have any of you worked for a start-up or a company that was dissolved as a result of the implosion in 2008? Who hasn't. However, since they can't call anyone just to "verify you worked for them" mind you, they insisted on the following: your personal IRS Transcript, W2, or paystubs.
    1) The IRS only keeps that information available for 4 years.
    2) Who keeps paystubs or paper W2's other than hoarders going that far back.
    3) How is any of that relevant to the job being offered - it isn't. Would it matter if I made a $1, or $1M?

Reasonable digital paperwork like contracts, job offer paperwork, and even timesheets don't count. Considering anyone with even a tiny fraction of a brain would come to a logical conclusion, it was the Great Recession after all, and it stands to be reasonable that they did the work, why would it matter if the last month worked was March or April, much less how does this have any bearing on what we want this person to do today?

Oh yeah, it doesn't.

This is the type of place that would insist on your Facebook password, or DNA sample if it were legal to make it a pre-condition to employment. Those kind of policies are company wide pervasive, and if you like being micro-managed without an ounce of trust - this is the perfect place for you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Marlborough, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I first met with the division manager then the lead engineer who gave me a tour of the office and described the development process and team organization.

The lead engineer then put me in a room with 4 other engineers who took turns shooting questions at me about a range of topics including SQL queries, MVC design patterns, advanced CSS, and object oriented programming.

Afterwards, I had a long talk with a vice president via a video conference which quickly veered away from software development.

Interview Questions

I had another offer where I thought the work environment, the product and co-workers would be a better fit.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview , one is telephonic which involved pure technical discussion, Next round was direct face to face discussion which was pure technical which tested in depth knowledge. Third was managerial roundand fourthwas HR discussion

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview was behavioural with a panel of 2 interviewees. Questions were all job-related and it was relaxed atmosphere. Nothing too technical and the interviewees were polite and pleasant to talk to.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

I got invited to an interview and was asked to do an assignment before that. They sent me a broken link to the assignment and after I announced them I can't access the link, it took the recruiter 3 days to reply. They tried to fix it but couldn't, so I went to the interview without assignment.

The 2 hours interview was very rushed, 3 sets of people wanted to talk to me separately. The programmers that were asking me technical questions got interrupted by the last person. They had to cut the interview short.

After this phase they sent me the assignment project. After completing it they called me to another interview.

Asking the one in the interview if I would get a response, he assured me that I would.

After 2 weeks of silence from them I reached out to the recruiter and I got the answer that the team is still deciding. It's been weeks since then and I never got a response.

Every time I visited their office the person interviewing me didn't know what room was reserved. They changed 3 recruiters during my process and none of them communicated with the one before. Every time I had to start over with the basic information.

They seem to have a lack of communication between departments and themselves. Also from the lack of response at the end I think they have 0 respect for candidates. Several people during the interview assured me that I would get a response, positive or negative.

A few other things that discouraged me:
    From what they told me, they do unpaid overtime. If I were to guess, I think it's quite a lot. A phrase that shocked me: "When we have an incident, people stay in the office until it's done"
    Their office is very far away from the city center. There are very few options to go out for a coffee or lunch in that area.

I would not recommend this company not even for an interview. In the end it was a complete waste of my time.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

1 Telephonic, 2 Face to Face discussions (1- Tech Lead and 1- Manager) and Last Video Conference - Onsite Manager and process was pretty quick but decision part took time

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nasdaq (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 technical, managerial and hr round.
    Technical round for atleast 40 mins each and other rounds for about 20 mins.
    Nice and proper hiring process.
    Be calm and confident. Precisely describe your answers and be to the point while answer.
    It will be nice to have scenarios for basic concept asked

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.