Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated 22 May 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The process was about 2 weeks. First round was a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter asked about my background, my skills and my career goal. The second round was with the section managers. Questions were asked such as 'How do you consider yourself a good fit', ' Where do you see yourself in a few years', 'Name a time....', etc. No difficult questions had been asked. The interview was about 20mins.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application and within 4 days was contacted by a recruiter working with the company. The recruiter preformed a standard phone interview that lasted 15 min, asking background questions and and why I applied for that particular role, set up in person interview immediately. The process was painless and they were well prepared

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular role   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

I applied online. There was a brief phone screening with a recruiter then an in person interview with the hiring manager and a member of the team. They offered me the position a day after my interview.

Team Lead, Financial Reporting (Officer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR within 5 days. I had a referral. I interviewed from NYC for a position in Chicago. I had a quick phone screen to go over the basics of the job and a very high-level overview of my experience. Next step was a phone interview with the hiring manager and the VP of the team. The phone interview was 45 minutes, and by the end they basically told me they were going to make an offer. Mostly soft skills and scenario questions instead of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you find most rewarding about managing people?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied through my university and got an interview within the week. The interview itself was one on one and very casual. The interview was about 30 min.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

One on campus interview and then super day. Only got through on campus and then they took over 2 months to contact me telling me I wasn't invited to the super day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was through Skype video call and it was about behavior. The second interview was with the hiring manager and it was more focused on technical questions with a little of behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed thru a 3rd party contracting house. Phone interview with the contracting clerk, and one other business analyst. In Person interview with Director, 2 senior engineers and 2 senior business analysts -- in a conference room round table. More conversational then anything else -- they didn't test my skills / knowledge. Didn't provide any case studies, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my last project at CVS.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.