Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated 17 Feb 2017

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Tempe, AZ (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

After 2 weeks I submitted my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter. The interview only took around 10 mins. Some basic background check and ask the salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The process was very quick. I applied through my university and got an interview within the week. The interview itself was one on one and very casual. The interview was about 30 min.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

One on campus interview and then super day. Only got through on campus and then they took over 2 months to contact me telling me I wasn't invited to the super day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed thru a 3rd party contracting house. Phone interview with the contracting clerk, and one other business analyst. In Person interview with Director, 2 senior engineers and 2 senior business analysts -- in a conference room round table. More conversational then anything else -- they didn't test my skills / knowledge. Didn't provide any case studies, etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my last project at CVS.   1 Answer

Associate Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, the next week got a phone interview for about 15 mins, and then scheduled in person interview the next week. The in-person interview was 5- 30mins interviews which consisted of 2 vice presidents, managers, or team leads in each. A lot of behavioral questions was what I was asked, my work experience, etc. It took about 3 weeks after the interview to get a call back from HR with an offer.

Division Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I has a pone screening with two individuals, provided an online application/resume submission and then attended an person interview with 4 people which lasted about 3 hours. The interviews with the four individuals were very informative and interactive. They each lasted 30-45 minutes. Post that I had follow up phone conversations with the recruiting manager and who would be my direct report. The recruiter was very responsive and gave upfront expectations on when feedback would be provided.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you can improve upon? Are you comfortable managing a team?   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

They offered a Skype interview a few days after I applied. Skype interview lasted about 15 minutes. We talked about my resume and I answered a few questions. Interview was straightforward and impersonal.

Mobile and Alternate Channel Delivery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through INROADS. First interview was behavioral (Skype). A week later, scheduled a second interview with a manager. Mostly technical questions. (Skype). Asked a lot of questions on the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about Northern Trust?
      Describe a time you were innovative
      Describe a time you were in a team environment
      Explain one of the four Object Oriented Programming principles.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 step process
    Phone interview
    In person
    Meet with 6 executives for 30 minutes each. Asked about my resume, experiences and what separates me from other individuals. Have a sense of what your department does

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (New Brunswick, NJ (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a Skype interview and then a phone call interview. Basic behavioral questions, nothing crazy. If you wanna do good in these kinds of interviews, I would suggest that you learn more about the interviewers themselves. Learn a fun fact about him or her and then build upon it.

Also review what the company does and check out the awards that they got.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself?
      Tell me what Northern Trust does.
      Tell me some of the classes you took that would help you?
      Tell me about your harshest criticism you received.
      Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.