Northern Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Northern Trust Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.8

GFS Custody Interview

Interview

Phone call, with a lot centered on resume and related experience. Then second round was once again a phone call. The first was HR and the 2nd was with your potential manager

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Iowa City, IA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got invited to an on campus interview after an employee referral and visiting the job fair at my university, and the interview was only 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a problem creatively.   Answer Question

Analyst, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

A month after I replied I received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter from Arizona. Standard phone interview was conducted and set up an in person interview about 3 days later in the Chicago office. The in person interview was conducted by two managers in the Financial Reporting department. Both managers asked questions back and forth. Interview lasted about 40 mins. After my interview sent thank you emails to both managers. Stay on top of recruiters if you want any type of feedback whether that be a job offer or not because they will not contact if you did not get the job unless you are a bug about it.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background, work experience, 5 year goal, why Northern Trust, why financial reporting, etc. The last question was why should they pick you over another candidate   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone screen it took him a few days to finally confirm an in person. The interview lasted about an hour.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

All technical round except one(that is Manager Round). Technical panel was good. White board,white paper interview process.Manager round includes explaining about projects that you have worked upon. a written test for Logical,Technical and basics included.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

They called me for a phone interview a few days after I applied. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me to come in for an in-person interview at their corporate HQ. The interview was only about 15 minutes and a week later they got back to me with an offer. The process was very quick relative to other interviews I've gone through with other companies.

Interview Questions

• They described the role and then asked me how my prior experience would make me a good fit in the job.
      *Each analyst position has a different focus so it depends on the position you apply for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Northern Trust in June 2017.

Interview

It was the first round and while the interview went well it came down to visa. but overall it was a good experience. the position was for a consultant and i was referred by an employee

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust.

Interview

The process was about 2 weeks. First round was a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter asked about my background, my skills and my career goal. The second round was with the section managers. Questions were asked such as 'How do you consider yourself a good fit', ' Where do you see yourself in a few years', 'Name a time....', etc. No difficult questions had been asked. The interview was about 20mins.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application and within 4 days was contacted by a recruiter working with the company. The recruiter preformed a standard phone interview that lasted 15 min, asking background questions and and why I applied for that particular role, set up in person interview immediately. The process was painless and they were well prepared

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that particular role   1 Answer

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northern Trust (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screening with an HR rep from Arizona, went on after that to have an in person interview with 2 people within the department. Everyone from HR to the in person interviewers were exceptionally nice and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Biggest strength, area of improvements, what makes you stand out from other candidates, Why Northern Trust, Why this role   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.