OMV Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

OMV Interview Questions

Interviews at OMV

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OMV in February 2020.

Interview

Messy; was supposed to interview with four people, ended up being just one on a crappy line and not Skype for Business. Generic questions not related to the position asked on top of questions about my nationality, which felt discriminatory. Extremely niche “technical” questions. HR promised detailed feedback within a week, only heard about it a month later through a system-generated e-mail. The application was held in their deparment so it was too late for me to apply elsewhere as well. Extremely disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why has Europe had a warm Winter in 2019/2020?   1 Answer
    • What are you career plans?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMV.

Interview

short interview with manager at company, talk about academic records and why the company & position. More of a personal fit than a skill focused interview process. Conversation in English to check language skills.

Petrol Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OMV.

Interview

It was a one on one with the petrol station manager. The questions were mostly about previous workplaces and experiences. After the interview there was a trial day. It was a one stage hiring process.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OMV (Vienna (Austria)) in June 2019.

Interview

They called me 3 weeks after the application deadline and invited me to a phone interview. I was then talking to two engineers and one HR. The phone quality on their side was really bad and I hardly understood what they were saying, but they said they are not able to change this.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMV.

Interview

I got many finance related questions. My chef was very communicative and explained a lot about the company, about the future job and about the colleagues. It was a nice athmosphere overall and finally he told my that i got the job.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OMV in February 2019.

Interview

first i applied online on their website, then my university professor was asked to send a reccomendation. 2 months later i got a phone call they asked technical questions, then few days later i got an interview.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMV.

Interview

After sending my online application, there was a phone interview for 30 minutes. The questions were related to basic knowledge, chemistry, physics, petroleum related topics. I got the result after about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• General basic questions of chemistry, physics, petroleum related topics, unit conversion,.... Totally to evaluate your background knowledge.   Answer Question

OMV Response

7 Jan 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna (Austria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OMV (Vienna (Austria)) in January 2019.

Interview

I think the interview experience at OMV is highly dependent on the department of interest and the assigned recruiter. When I applied for a job, I was contacted to attend to a personal interview ~2.5 months post application. As that department was very picky, they kept on “casting” for months, until they found somebody better according to their standards. Rejection came 2 months post interview instead of the promised 2 weeks. I appreciated from the recruiter side the feedback. However, being on the hook for so long then rejection is not candidate friendly.

Another recruiter for example does not respond on emails, regarding pending applications (I’m talking about several months without answer), and anyway has bad reputation among the people I know.

I’d recommend OMV to work on their candidate experience, and ask for a feedback from each interviewee. Also, some standardization would be good as well.

EOR Laboraory Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMV in December 2018.

Interview

I applied through OMV job board in November, 2018 and was contacted for a telephone interview the next week. There were 4 people on the panel including the HR personnel. The interview felt rushed, I wasn't even given the opportunity to ask questions. It lasted for 20 minutes and I was told they were still interviewing for the position and will contact me. The thing is the job had been advertised earlier in August, 2018 on a job board in Austria and then posted again on their job board in November 2018. I am guessing they could't find anyone to fill the position. I know this because I have always wanted to work for OMV laboratories. I check the job board regularly for any position that fits my skill set and I have applied for several jobs there. After the interview i realized they had added new entries with a column asking applicants if they know anyone working in the company. I never heard back from them, I contacted the HR and didn't receive any response. I am guessing the position has been filled. People working in HR should at least give feed back after interview. It's not nice to ignore a candidate completely. A rejection letter is better than silence. People applying for jobs are humans with feelings and sometimes in dire need of a job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and why do you want to work for OMV?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OMV.

Interview

we had a quick and fruitful interview process for me. HR Manager conducted the interview. Our interview proceeded as a conversation rather than a interview. from beginning until the end we had 2 interview sessions and concluded positively. I received offer and accepted

Interview Questions

• How would your best friend define you, if we call him/her right now?   1 Answer
    • How do you describe your perspective on life and world?   1 Answer

OMV Response

19 Oct 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for sharing your positive interview experience. Welcome to OMV!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.