Ocado Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ocado Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Ocado Retail

1.7

Interview

Some online process, before a brief interview, mostly focused on an exercise to assess driving ability. Also stated that they look for those with customer service experience in particular, and that a friendly and upbeat demeanor is important.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who has not received the correct shopping.   Answer Question

Warehouse Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erith, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocado Retail (Erith, England) in December 2020.

Interview

Very easy phone interview. Didn’t even know it was an interview because it was informal. Just ask me basic questions. The interviewer was very friendly and helpful and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Ocado?
      Would you like to work day or night shifts?
      What is your previous work experience?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to work under pressure?   Answer Question

Digital Excellence Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocado Retail (Sunderland, North East England, England) in July 2020.

Interview

I'd applied online for the role and their HR manager got back to me the following day to confirm I'd been selected for the recruitment process. For the first stage they rang me up and told me the salary, what the job involved and was I still interested, which was straight forward enough but not what I was expecting. For the 2nd stage, they emailed me a presentation topic to prepare and deliver. They initially sent it to a .cmo email address instead of my .com one, which was poor proof reading, and then the person arranging it was on holiday with no out of office/redirection instructions, which caused some tension on my part, as it was only 2 days before it was due that I actually received it, not giving me a great deal of time to prepare.
    On the day of the presentation (15 minutes plus 15 minutes Q&A) they were 12+ minutes late to the interview, which definitely doesn't set a good example of the company I was looking to work for. They started the 15 minutes straight away, rather than when I started the presentation which meant I ran over, and when I asked a question to engage them half way through they flat out ignored me. The Q&A consisted of a single question about my presentation, and I just got the feeling that the interviewees were disinterested and didn't want to be there. They couldn't answer basic questions about the role that I'd raised, and I was receiving warning signals throughout which I felt may be based on my gender. I didn't get the role and on reflection I'm glad of a lucky escape; I run my own company in my spare time and I'd have been mortified to treat potential employees that way, or be late to an interview. These things could have been easily avoided by spreading the interviews out with a break in the middle in case of tech issues or time constraints . They said I'd hear back the following morning and I had to personally chase them for an update 3 day's later. I've also asked them for feedback twice and haven't had a response (even to say they wouldn't offer any), which also demonstrates a lack of concern for potential employees. Pretty disappointed for an international company and feel this could have been handled by them much differently to give a much more positive impression of their company and organisational skills.
    It was a positive experience for me overall as I learned a lot from it and it gives me an idea on what to expect from larger companies and will prepare me for dealing with interviewees who don't come across as engaged as they should looking for prospective colleagues.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop a marketing strategy as part of your role?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.