PACCAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

PACCAR Interview Questions

Interviews at PACCAR

2.7

Continuous Improvement Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PACCAR (Lubbock, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

First round was telephonic by HR member. All were behavioral questions and situational questions. The interviewer was typing my answers and said these will be forwarded to the respective manager for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Why Paccar?, Tell me about yourself?, Brief your experience related to the Job?   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Received a phone call to interview on campus - there was no phone interview. The interview was a panel interview with 5 of my would-be peers, and the manager. They all asked various questions, most of which asked for definitions of "everybody should know" software development terms. There was a "what would you do in this situation" question regarding support. After the panel interview, I was called in for a 1:1 with the manager. They asked some personality questions and then I was sent upstairs to have a 1:1 with the director. More personality questions, and a few days later I received an offer. I'm giving this a negative rating only because I think it is a terrible way to interview if you're looking for a competent software developer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were easy but this one stuck out as kind of odd. I was shown a piece of paper with 2 blocks of markup. I was asked to identify what each of them was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was young and naive. My suggestion is to negotiate if you feel like you deserve more. Treat any promise like you would a promise given by a used car dealer. Make sure everything is on paper.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

It took a month to complete all the required interview rounds. There were 3 rounds totally...the first round was a technical interview. Around 5 people were present in the panel and were asking average technical questions. The second round was with the director of the IT which was more like behavioral and the last was the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Paccar? Why do you think you will be a right fit for the position? What do you know about PACCAR?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a basic interview with textbook questions

Interview Questions

The offer was way under market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

This position I interviewed was was Software Engineer position in .Net. Interview panel consisted of two people. This was a structured interview with questions being asked alternatively by each panel member. Questions consisted of both technical and team related. Technical questions included basic object oriented questions, hands on coding, writing SQL queries, entity relationship diagrams, state diagrams, security and performance related questions, scrum/agile questions.
    My general feeling was that the company has a good work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• What is XSS attacks? And how we can prevent these?   Answer Question
    • Was given a class relationship diagram and was asked to explain the diagram   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

A week after I applied on their website, HR recruiter contacted me by phone & email for arranging the in-person interview. There were three people in the conference room asking all technical questions, some are quite basic, and some are quite difficult.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Pre employment test is basic math and problem solving questions. Its pretty standard as far as pre employment test go. I think most jobs use the same type of test now.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about safety?   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First, I had a short phoen interview with a recruiter. Then I came in and met with a team of 3 members of the team, one manager and two senior members. We were all in a room together and they asked me both technical and personal questions. They also had my interview in front of them and asked me about it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview and hiring process is average. They call you and schedule an interview. You come in and meet with the hiring manager one on one. Sometimes depending on the job, they will have group interviews. Second interviews usually consist of meeting the director of the group. When going into an interview be sure to wear a suit for any job interview here. First impressions are very important here. They ask typically interview questions. Make sure you do your research on the company, industry and job.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what animal would you be and why?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PACCAR (Renton, WA (US)) in September 2008.

Interview

The first step of the process was a phone interview. After a few days I was contacted and they set up another interview for the next business week. It was 5:1 and not even at a round table. Me on one side of the table and the others all asking questions from what looked to be duplicates of the same sheet. It was difficult knowing whom to address with so many people and I thought it was weird to have all at once as opposed to separate interviews. Either way, I think my case is rare, but expect standard questions and zero creativity. Like everything at PACCAR, they were by the book.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They more or less say here's our offer and have you ready to sign something.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.