Reiss Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Sep 2018

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reiss (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Ask you about your taste in fashion and test your knowledge of the company. It probably helps to dress appropriately but fashionably.Review your resume and make sure that you have relevant experience. I think it is very dependent on the interviewer though and not a company-wide standard.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Reiss (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I had to send in my resume and cover letter including three references. I had to meet with two managers, my actual manager and another manager both in a 1 on 1 interview. After the interview, a few days later I got called back and was on a probation period for 90 days at my job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reiss.

Interview

The interview process was thorough but quick. I didn't feel as though I was jumping through hoops or waiting endlessly to find out my fate with the company. Everyone that I spoke with was polite, but asked questions that required thought and consideration.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Reiss.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reiss (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I had known someone who was working for the company at the time, and she knew I was desperately looking for a job. I never had any retail experience before, but she said it didn't matter. I went in to meet with the Assistant General Manager at the Columbus Avenue store. We immediately hit it off, and I got a call back later that day to head in the next day and meet with the General Manager. He interviewed me, and offered me the position on the spot.

However, the interview process is very different in the company nowadays. You'd interview with the General Manager of whatever location you're applying to, and then (if you're in the NYC metro area), you'd be expected to trek to corporate HQ on Bleecker St in NYC's West Village to meet with the Regional Manager [and if applying for anything higher you'd meet with the VP as well].

Interview Questions

• If you could characterize yourself as a fruit, which would you be?   Answer Question

Menswear Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reiss (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

They wanted to know and understand your background better. Submitted my resume in person at the store. Took about a day to get a response. Interviewed within the week. Had another interview at a different location. Got a call almost a month later that I got the position. It is pretty easy and is not one to crack your head over. Just be fully prepared. Also be confident and show how you will be able to interact and work with a team

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my men's wear sales experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty concise. I got what I asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reiss (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position on retail choice and was contacted by their HR department. I went in for an interview. The interview was 20 minutes and I just spoke about my experience. They didn't ask any questions about the company even though I came in over prepared.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you? How do you liked to be managed?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Reiss.

Interview

Very rude. Never heard back either way. I think this is really unprofessional. Considering the meeting went well. Would be nice even to just receive an email . Makes a company look lazy and uncomfortable in a business setting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reiss (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

An aggressive women interviewed me....considering she works within the HR team it told me all I want to know about this business....I'll be staying clear. An interview is suppose to be an opportunity to sell your business to candidates not show them that you're unprofessional aggressive and in human.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Reiss (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Took my CV in to store a couple of days later they rung asking me to come in for an interview on the following Friday. It was 1:1 interview. The manager of the shop asked me to come for a trial. I didn't come. Salary was very low.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Study their website before you go to the interview

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.