SMi Group Interview Questions

Updated 11 Mar 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

Applied online22%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SMi Group

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SMi Group (London, England, England)

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who passed on my CV. Didn't hear back until 1 month later when I was told they wanted to interview me. The interview was fairly standard, general questions that you'd expect at any interview. What I did notice was that the interviewer heavily sold the company to me (as opposed to making me sell myself to the company) and spoke a lot about how great the company was and how well-known they were in the industry (I'd worked in the industry for nearly 2 years at this point and had never heard of them before). I heard from others that they had a small task to then present at a second interview - I didn't have to do this as I had brought with me a brochure of an event I had previously produced and was offered the job the next day. Overall it took 1.5 months from submitting my CV to being offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • What my motivations were, where do I see myself in a few years, the standard stuff.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SMi Group (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

Applied through recruiter, interviewed within the following week with one of the directors. Following the interview had to complete a small task and was then given an offer the following day.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding career goals, my commitment and previous experience and how it would be applied in this role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SMi Group (London, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

Meeting with one director, the short introductory conversation then they bring in the other directors to meet you, typical sales questions such as why sales ect important to be money motivated

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SMi Group

Application

I interviewed at SMi Group

Interview

Felt bullied and patronised throughout. Hands down the rudest interview ever. Have spoken to other business owners and colleagues about this interview who are all horrified at the way I was treated. Please do not put yourself through this. At interview, you are not only selling yourself to the company, they are selling themselves to you and if this is the most positive face they have to put forward then I pity those that work here.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SMi Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SMi Group in Jun 2016

Interview

Applied online by sending CV and cover letter. Interview followed by task emailed to complete. Task: to produce a conference on a given title including details such as hot topics on the area, names of people who you would invite to speak, potential sponsors, where when etc.

Interview Questions
  • Interview: Questions on why SMi, why conference producing, what do you understand is the role, discussion on CV

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SMi Group (London, England, England)

Interview

One face to face interview with Owner and one other Director. I was asked to produce an example conference program. The interviewers seemed fairly friendly i learnt a lot about the directors that were interviewing me I don't think they learnt a lot about me…airily friendly and spoke of a good work culture and high pressure high reward environment. They were keen to promote the company as a great stepping stone with many training opportunities. They made and offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Spent a lot of time talking about the company and the backstory of the directors. Covered off their merits and achievements. Spoke at length about the flagship event. The only real question I was asked was salary expectation and if I was bringing any contacts from previous roles with me.

Anonymous Employee in Southwark, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SMi Group (Southwark, England, England) in Aug 2015

Interview

I was recommended the role by my recruitment agency. I was unable to attend a group interview, but my CV and recruitment agency recommendation was enough to secure me a 1:1 interview. Following this, I was called back for a final interview with the directors. Both interviews were fairly informal and I had positive discussions with the managers. They wanted to know more about my personality and motives, rather than my experience.

Interview Questions
  • I was given a brochure for an event that they run, and was asked to pitch and sell the event to the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SMi Group (Boston, MA) in Nov 2014

Interview

first online, then phone with CEO, then in-person interview for 2 hours. I heard back two days later, and was asked to come in one more time to give a presentation. Following the presentation, I spoke with the CEO who made thr offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SMi Group

Application

I interviewed at SMi Group

Interview

I was put forward by a colleague I had 2 interviews with senior management which were standard. The process was efficient and not unlike other experiences the interviews time length was a bit on the long side

Interview Questions
  • some questioning on commercialisation of event ideas were challenging but mostly Qs about production cycles

SMi Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SMi Group in Jan 2014

Interview

Two stage interview. First was just some general questions about the skills required, second was a project presentation. Very standard for conference production roles. Make sure that you have research all the areas that SMi operate in, how long they have been functioning and their various business models.

Interview Questions
  • No difficult questions, but it was clear the interviewers were looking for very specific answers.
3 people found this interview helpful