SRLV Accountants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SRLV Accountants Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at SRLV Accountants

ACA Trainee Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SRLV Accountants (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied with a CV and a cover letter. This was responded to with an invitation to do a telephone interview. This interview was really easy (so easy I was slightly disappointed with it) and didn’t even last 15 minutes. Apart from some logistical questions, I was only asked three things.

Next I was invited to an assessment day in central London (March 2016). The day was split up into three assessed sections – a group activity, a presentation (which you have a week to prepare) and a test - and a few socialising bits in between.

At the assessment day there were about 15 other applicants. It started with a breakfast where a lot of current trainees and partners attended. This was a good opportunity to ask questions. Next was a (very awkward) icebreaker, and then the 15 of us were split into 2 groups and began the first assessed section, which was a group activity. The activity was deciding who should get thrown off a sinking boat. We had almost 2 hours to do this (we finished an hour early). The activity is identical to one described on the University of Kent’s careers section (it is also know as 'the balloon debate'). Make sure you speak up and share your ideas. Some members of the team hardly spoke at all! We sat around a table while doing this, and were not required to present anything at the end. Many SRLV staff members sit at the table with you but are silent and don’t hover over you, so its ok. The activity would have been improved with a whiteboard and a shorter amount of time to complete it in.

Then there was a tea break. Next, back in our two groups, each applicant presented a 10-minute presentation to the group. The brief for the presentation (“I am passionate about…”) is sent out about a week before and you have to email your slides to the HR manager at least 24 hours before the day. There are a lot of presentations to go through, some of which will be very boring, so I suggest going early. I also suggest making your topic something a bit different.

Once this was done we had lunch. This is another opportunity to get to know the people working at the company. Perhaps this is one of the more important sections of the day, as if you talk to a lot of people and they like you I would guess it is more likely that you would progress to the interview stage.

After lunch there was a 30-minute test. The test was really weird and in my opinion simply inappropriate in places. Some of the questions are listed below, if you read them you will get what I mean – hardly relevant for deciding whether an individual is a good fit for the role or not. There were maths questions (I suggest brushing up on your long division/multiplication), questions asking for the definitions of basic accounting terms and random general knowledge questions. I felt like the test went really badly, which was a shame because I was happy with my performance in the other two sections.

After this we had a Q and A, but none of the applicants had any questions, so the day ended there (about 3pm). My travel expenses were covered and I think it was overall a well-run and fun assessment day. It was relaxed and mostly informal, the staff members of SRLV seem like a great bunch of people – very friendly, and it is a nice touch to provide breakfast, lunch and mingling sessions. The other applicants also seemed like a good bunch of people – there were no aggressive or showy personalities.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview questions:
      Are you available for the assessment day/start day dates?
      Do you have any holidays booked?
      Why accountancy?
      What do you know about the company?
      What do you know about the ACA qualification?
      Describe yourself in three words.
      Why did you choose your BA degree?

Test questions:
      Which tube line crosses all other tube lines?
      Which tube stop is closest to the SRLV office?
      Duck is to duckling as Swan is to _____________?
      What is the capital of the United Arab Emirates?
      Revenues minus cost of sales equal what?
      What is SRLV’s HR Manager’s last name?
      What is the name of the managing partner at SRLV?
      What is the name of the room we ate lunch in today?
      Where is Petra?
      What is the square root of 81?
      What does SRLV stand for?
      How many awards did Adele win at the Brits 2016?
      What is assets divided by liabilities?   Answer Question

ACA Trainee Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SRLV Accountants (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied directly with CV and covering letter. Received an invite to a telephone interview with a member of the HR team, the call went through my CV and basic motivations to go in to a career in accountancy. Nothing difficult, lasted about 30 mins.

Invited to an assessment day in central London with seven other candidates. interview involved a mingling coffee morning/ breakfast with team members and HR team and then a series of tasks.

First task - 10 minute presentation in front of panel of four trainee and management level accountants. the interview topic was given to us in advance ('my passion') and power-point presentation was allowed to be prepared in advance.

Second task - test involving general knowledge, basic business/accountancy terminology and basic mathematics question. Test was a bit weird and kind of a curve ball but stay relaxed and you should do well.

Third task - Interview with HR manager, Senior partner and another lower level accountant. HR manager asked questions, not easy to prepare for as not what I was expecting. I felt some of the questions did not allow me to articulate enough or portray myself in a more positive light. Interview lasted around 40 minutes

Fourth task - team exercise where we as a team had to decide who we would save on a sinking ship. Difficult to really stand out above the rest, especially when being observed like hawks. I suggest just trying to be the most vocal but also listen to others

Interview Questions

• Cannot really remember any thing too specific but "can you tell me a time when you failed to meet a deadline?" was one of them and a stupid one at that.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.