Science and Technology Facilities Council Interview Questions

Updated 25 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 47 interviews

Campus Recruiting2%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council

Interview

An interview day, with slotted interview time. As well as lunch, snacks, tours and games. You have a chance to spend the day with other applicants and have a little bit of fun - and then you have about 20-30 minutes of your interview time

Interview Questions
  • Present a 5 minute speech about an area in research science
    Answer Question

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council in May 2021

Interview

Online quiz and an online Interview. The quiz involves logical reasoning and mathematics. The interview consisted of technical questions relating to the role. Friendly interviewers and they give you an idea of what it'd be like to work there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council

Interview

Effective interview process that was based on competency criteria as well as skills that lend well to the role. The interview was well-structured with effective participation from panel members. Time for questions was given, and the panel took interest in answering any queries.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council

Interview

Online Questions in application, Online Aptitude test, Telephone interview with department manager - More of a chat about why this role, what experience do you have and information about the job 2 Interviews - one with HR and a technical interview with department Overall Interviews were fairly casual however I didn't feel I was made to feel as comfortable as in other interviews. I thought the HR interview took twice as long as it could have. Repetitive questions asking me something already expanded on in a previous question. Didn't feel the interview was actually listening or interested in what I was saying, just reading from the script of questions and making notes. Technical Interview was much better in this sense and felt more comfortable and more of a responsive questioning approach.

Interview Questions
  • HR Interview - Example of time you worked as a team, Discuss any challenges you faced when working as a team, how did you deal with these. Describe a time you had to work under pressure, A time you have had to deal with someone with a difference of opinion to you.
  • Technical Interview - What would you first steps be when taking over on a project from someone who has the left the business, The customer wants to change a design how would you go about implementing the changes, Short 5 min presentation of a project you have worked on

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council

Interview

Two step process: 1. 10 minute presentation based on your previous work. 2. Technical questions mostly based on what you have done in your projects and the post you have applied for.

Interview Questions
  • Q1. What is LBM, its advantages and disadvantages over other CFD solvers?

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council (Warrington, North West England, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

A mix of technical and personality questions. After describing some of my projects I was asked more in-depth questions regarding these projects. I was introduced to the panel by a former placement student was asked questions by a physicist.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council (London, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

A typical placement hiring process, consisting of Cover Letter, CV review and then psychometric tests and a technical interview. The interview was automated and recorded, where I was given 2 minutes to view a question and 3 minutes to answer it for a total of 5 questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the steps you would take to contain a large spill of hydrochloric acid on the floor of a lab you were working in alone.

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council

Interview

There is a single video interview and most of the questions are technical and related to lab safety. The interviewers are your line manager and a researcher who will work with you often.

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked on research projects before? Are you familiar with the principles of X-Ray Diffraction?

Science and Technology Facilities Council

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council in Apr 2020

Interview

First a pre-recorded video, then a live video interview with two people - very helpful and friendly. Tested mainly on technical aspects of Chemistry in the area of the internship I'd applied for (the internship was to be based in the deuteration facility).

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions relating to area of internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Science and Technology Facilities Council (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Jan 2020

Interview

Online Application Video Interview Aptitude Test Assessment Centre: Group Exercise Competency interview Technical Interview The whole process spanned across 4 months, the online application was extensive, asking questions about school dinners, social background and if your parents went to university etc. The competency-based interview contained a number of relatively easy to answer questions. The technical interview consisted of a presentation based on your final year project, followed by a CV breakdown and various questions on project management (which in my opinion I answered very well). I will say one thing, I was extremely excited to visit the site, then I was completely put off when I got there. I did notice during the full experience, the place (and the candidates) was the epiphany of the middle class and snobbery. I never spoke to one person who came from the same sort of background as me (working class). The diversity in economic backgrounds was non-existent. It seems to be a continuous theme across the various space and defence businesses in Edinburgh. I would have probably turned the role down if I got offered it based on the opinion I formed during my time there.

Interview Questions
  • You have just been appointed a project with a vast budget, How would you start.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews