Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Scotiabank

1,003 Interview Reviews

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Very disorganized. I was contacted on Linked-In by "messenger" by one of the Recruiters. I responded immediately as usual to email or messenger requests. I did not hear back from the person who contact me for 10 days; and that was because I sent a message to follow up. Then the recruiter said, I would be hearing from another recruiter because she did not have time to speak with me. The next person that called me was from the Canada Office and I am in New York. So I passed the phone interview, and next I was supposed to have a meeting with the 2 Managers that I would be working for. No communication again for a week. Once again, I contacted them to follow up on the process and I was passed off to a rude HR Administrative Assistant who coordinates interviews. Well she finally did contact me at 6:10pm on a Friday evening in a snow storm and asked me to come into their offices for an Interview at 7:30am that Monday. With no consideration that I would have to tell my boss that I would be coming to work late that day. When I asked for there was another time available because I would have to let my boss and co-workers know that I might be late Monday morning. She said, "no" that is the only time available. And, after this phone call I eliminated from the process. This process, needless to say, left a very bad impression of their lack of consideration and professionalism. I understand Managers are busy; however, you cannot tell me that there were no other time slots on the person's calendar. Besides the total lack of consideration for my time schedule. If this is the way they treat their candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• For the phone interview, it was typical questions: Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a difficult situation and how you cleared it up?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

This was easy. Scotiabank really wanted me to join their team and brought in a lot of big guns from Toronto to woo and wine and dine me to join their team in New York.

When the time finally came to make the job offer, I was insulted. They offered me in base salary 25% less then I was making in my current job and tried to make it up by offering me equity (stock) in the bank. The stock had a 3 year vesting period which meant I couldn't do anything with it for three years which means I would be working for 75% of my current salary for three years. Not to mention the conflicts of interest set up by this type of pay deal with the potential of not putting my clients best interests first so the bank (and me as a shareholder) could make more money. No thanks.

I do have to give the head of HR props for really trying to sell me on this dog deal though and try to convince me hamburger was really filet mignon because it came from the same cow. The sad part is that I think she really believed it was a good deal too.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

Summer Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Your average interview nothing out of ordinary. Got offer for position but declined due to already having another job. As long as your prepared nothing to be concerned about. Read up on mandate and company.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview consited of a panel including HR and finance mamanagement. They were punctual and polite. The format consisted of Traditional interview questions with an opportunity to ask questions. Some information withheld in the interview with regards to the sophistication of the systems. However, they responded in one week

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I attended the first round Interview. It was a behavioral interview. HR asked me behavioural and situational questions based on my resume and job duties. From the questions, I think communication skill is critical for this role.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.