Sempra Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 40 of over 40 interviews

Recruitment Agency9%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Sempra

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sempra

Interview

I have interviewed for this position more than once over the years. I feel as though there was already a candidate in mind and I was being interviewed to "check the box". Additionally, during every interview I was asked "do you speak Spanish". The job description did not state a requirement that competency in a non English language was required and additionally and I was told that the job would not require any travel to Mexico or South America. I could see the look on the interviewers face when I said I am not proficient in Spanish and it wasn't a good look. My husband also interviewed in person for this position and was also asked if he speaks Spanish. Two of my interviews were in person and one was on online during COVID. The interviews were in person were not a panel interview so I was asked the same questions with each interviewer. Most of the interviewers were pleasant. My perception was there was not a lot of technical strength in EHS on the audit team side and it seemed like there also was not much EH&S industry experience other than they all had worked at Sempra for a long time.

Interview Questions
  • Do you speak Spanish? What are your strengths? Most of the interviewers talked about themselves and did not know much about the position and when asked direct questions about the role were not able to provide much detail.
    Answer Question

Sempra

Application

I interviewed at Sempra

Interview

Simple single interview with someone from HR and accompanying manager after a few phone calls that were ~15min or so in the weeks prior (for screening I assume). Straightforward situational/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sempra

Application

I interviewed at Sempra

Interview

3 video call interviews. The company demanded that I have professional references complete an online questionnaire. Following the interview I was ghosted and many months later I have not received an update. A simple automated rejection email would be much appreciated!

Interview Questions
  • Why does your work experience qualify you for this position?

Sempra

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra in Dec 2021

Interview

Microsoft Teams. 3 panel reviews each lasting an hour. There are better companies to work for and I would not invest in Sempra as the woke generation clearly is going to send this company lower. One interviewer who I wouldn't be working with was dissmissive and disrespectful of my answers to the panel's questions and made me feel extremely uncomfortable and not respected given my track record. She is a female and doesn't like males, it appears. It seems as though this company supports gender and age discrimination. Turns out she did not want me to be hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sempra

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra

Interview

Very rigorous interview process including testing - literacy, math questions, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. All interviews went well and I sent follow-up thank you emails to those I interviewed with. Communication with the HR coordinator was pleasant and speedy. After 3 weeks I had not heard back after interviewing with the top level leaders and only after I sent an email did I get a reply an additional week later that I did not get the job in a very passive “thanks for interviewing but we’ve moved on with another candidate” email. Seems very informal for the amount of time and work you put in for them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sempra (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Online process that was easy and very pain free. Used microsoft teams for the interview and there were two interviewers. They were very nice and are looking to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? Do you know about the subcompanies that Sempra has?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sempra (San Diego, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Difficult. There was a language barrier on my part and resulted in a hard time articulating answers to the interviewer. I waited for a long time and they were running behind.

Interview Questions
  • Basic hypothetical questions about experience

Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sempra (Chula Vista, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Interview was simple and based on past experience and SAP knowledge. They asked about my knowledge of various systems and ability to learn new things. Overall a good experience. 2 people took interview

Interview Questions
  • Past experience and challenges with systems

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sempra (Houston, TX) in May 2020

Interview

Well communicated scheduling and organization. Ample time to discuss job expectations, ask questions, and build a bit of rapport. Appreciated being provided with the LinkedIn accounts of those on the interview panel.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sempra (San Diego, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

Very direct and technical questions about position. Very professional interview process. It helped that I gave specific real life situations I used in the past that would most likely repeat in the current role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 Interviews