Shred-it International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Shred-it International Interview Questions

Interviews at Shred-it International

2.8

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Richmond, VA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Thorough but fun interview. Really test how driven you are. Want to make sure you will do what it takes to succeed. You will know going into the job what is required of you.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Kent, WA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was basic, general questions read off of a list. I was upfront about my background and I was still offered a job and after doing a ride along I filled out lots of paperwork and disclosures. I put my two weeks in and quit the job I had. Then a day before starting at shred-it, I received a text from management saying my background was still pending. After an additional 3 weeks of waiting, I finally received an email from HR after several attempts to reach out to them. And was informed that my job offer was rescinded. Very unprofessional and since I quit my previous job now I have my second child due in 3 weeks and no income. I highly recommend to stay away from the Kent, WA location.

Interview Questions

• What experience in customer service do you have?   1 Answer

Ar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Winston-Salem, NC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I attined this job through a temporary agency who completed a background check and had me fill out more paperwork. I got the call for a AR job with Shred it on Jan 24th. After completeing the drug test, I was offereda postion and asked to start on Jan 27th.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by meet-and-greet lunch. Standard interview questions. The recruiter will try to talk you out of the job to make sure that you really want the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is reasonable to make 100-120 dials per day.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. I was told about the basic requirements of the position and then asked a series of questions about my past experience, past sales goals and previous positions.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Worst recruiting experience I've ever experienced. (Total lack of professionalism)

I applied to Shred-It for an inside sales position through a job board. I was represented by Marilyn DiSalvo LLC, a recruiter they use, and had a phone interview scheduled for 3:30PM. I would be speaking with the local sales manager.

I am currently employed and stay very busy most of the day. I MUST BE AVAILABLE AT CLIENT REQUEST. Which caused an issue and I needed to reschedule the appointment for later in the day or on different date altogether.

I called the sales manager 3 hours early to let them know the opportunity was important to me, but I probably couldn't make it due to my schedule for the day. When she answered, she was IMMEDIATELY condescending... very negative and raising her voice at me. She said she can't guarantee a reschedule...even if I was off Wednesday. Wait. It gets better!

I called the SM back at 4PM. No answer and left a VM. I then called the recruiter to tell her I would need to reschedule due to my current business needs. She was the rudest HR/Recruiter I have ever spoken with. She said I was wrong in needing to change my time and that I shouldn't expect companies or managers to work with me once any commitment is made, regardless of communication to move the appointment. I told her that this is a red flag that toxic culture workplaces exhibit and I wasn't sure if this was a good fit for me. She didn't apologize. She said OK and we both hung up.

I filed a complaint with their 3rd party HR system. Not kidding. They have A THIRD PARTY COMPLAINT AND ETHICS company that works for them. Still want to apply here?

I am a top performer and always have been. People like myself know their worth and won't settle for a disrespectful workplace. Also, employees who stay busy and PROFITABLE are ones you want working for you just as was today. If they need to reschedule, it might be in your best interest to work with them accordingly.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shred-it International in January 2015.

Interview

This was a very expedited interview process. From initial interview to offer letter it took under 2 weeks and this was with me interviewing with 3 managers and going on 2 field rides. They knew that I was interviewing with other companies and didn't want to lose me to someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered me the highest salary possible for the position due to my tenure and prior sales experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Wappingers Falls, NY (US)).

Interview

Had 3 interviews with a RVP and 2 DSM and a day out in the field ( 4 days taken off work) Looked very promising but their communication is very poor. 2 of the interviewers are really new with the company. There was an internal candidate for that I knew I was up against the ropes. I had to hear from someone I know that they went in a different direction. My last interview with the RVP was so unprofessional that I’m not sure in my 28 years that I have ever encountered such behaviors. Still waiting to hear from them as a professional courtesy.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Quick response, they seem to want to fill positions quickly with no regard to who they hire. Interviewed by one person. Explained the position further, spoke about the company, I answered a few questions, asked a few questions and that was it. Pretty painless interview. I declined the offer because I was looking for a higher salary.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shred-it International.

Interview

I applied online and I received a phone message and email request for an phone interview. I emailed the recruiter my availability for after work, my office closes at 4:30. The person emailed me back and said they were in a different time zone, she was 1 hour later, and requested if I had time over lunch. I said I could arrange that and she emailed me her availability which was between 9 am - 10 am in my time zone. First who has lunch at 9 or 10 am. I said I would make 10 am work unless she had some time at 11 or 12, which was 12 or 1 in her time zone. I never received a confirmation and 2 days later, at the time I agreed too, she did not call. In fact she never called or returned an email.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.