Shred-it International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Shred-it International Interview Questions

Interviews at Shred-it International

2.8

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Little Rock, AR (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

First, phone interview with the District Sales Manager and it went well. Phone interview was fairly easy. Second, in person interview with 2 male managers, the District Sales Manager and the Regional Sales Manager. Live interview was very intimidating and some questions were expected, others were difficult. These guys were strictly business, not into small talk so I couldn’t be my charismatic self and show my personality much. I really wanted this job and thought I was prepared enough, but I realized I was not as prepared as I needed to be. The interview lasted 45 minutes. I was relieved when it was over. It was my first interview since my last job search three years ago.

Interview Questions

• How would your former boss describe you, what would he/she say about you?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about this company?   Answer Question
    • Would you like to work with a group or work independently? Why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult situation at work. What happened?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wappingers Falls, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Wappingers Falls, NY (US)).

Interview

Had 3 interviews with a RVP and 2 DSM and a day out in the field ( 4 days taken off work) Looked very promising but their communication is very poor. 2 of the interviewers are really new with the company. There was an internal candidate for that I knew I was up against the ropes. I had to hear from someone I know that they went in a different direction. My last interview with the RVP was so unprofessional that I’m not sure in my 28 years that I have ever encountered such behaviors. Still waiting to hear from them as a professional courtesy.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Shred-it International.

Interview

was inconsistent from what i was told during the interview process to doing the actual job. bounced around from person to person and actually did the process backwards by comparison to others. overall place was terrible.

Interview Questions

• typical day in the life stuff.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Worst recruiting experience I've ever experienced. (Total lack of professionalism)

I applied to Shred-It for an inside sales position through a job board. I was represented by Marilyn DiSalvo LLC, a recruiter they use, and had a phone interview scheduled for 3:30PM. I would be speaking with the local sales manager.

I am currently employed and stay very busy most of the day. I MUST BE AVAILABLE AT CLIENT REQUEST. Which caused an issue and I needed to reschedule the appointment for later in the day or on different date altogether.

I called the sales manager 3 hours early to let them know the opportunity was important to me, but I probably couldn't make it due to my schedule for the day. When she answered, she was IMMEDIATELY condescending... very negative and raising her voice at me. She said she can't guarantee a reschedule...even if I was off Wednesday. Wait. It gets better!

I called the SM back at 4PM. No answer and left a VM. I then called the recruiter to tell her I would need to reschedule due to my current business needs. She was the rudest HR/Recruiter I have ever spoken with. She said I was wrong in needing to change my time and that I shouldn't expect companies or managers to work with me once any commitment is made, regardless of communication to move the appointment. I told her that this is a red flag that toxic culture workplaces exhibit and I wasn't sure if this was a good fit for me. She didn't apologize. She said OK and we both hung up.

I filed a complaint with their 3rd party HR system. Not kidding. They have A THIRD PARTY COMPLAINT AND ETHICS company that works for them. Still want to apply here?

I am a top performer and always have been. People like myself know their worth and won't settle for a disrespectful workplace. Also, employees who stay busy and PROFITABLE are ones you want working for you just as was today. If they need to reschedule, it might be in your best interest to work with them accordingly.

Route Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shred-it International in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online. A week later was contacted by a recruiter with a mini phone interview. A week later got a call out to set up an in person interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

it will be cool and you should be confident on what did u work and what projects you worked and technologies mentioned in resume ...make sure of what you worked and be confident.

CDL Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shred-it International (Kent, WA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was basic, general questions read off of a list. I was upfront about my background and I was still offered a job and after doing a ride along I filled out lots of paperwork and disclosures. I put my two weeks in and quit the job I had. Then a day before starting at shred-it, I received a text from management saying my background was still pending. After an additional 3 weeks of waiting, I finally received an email from HR after several attempts to reach out to them. And was informed that my job offer was rescinded. Very unprofessional and since I quit my previous job now I have my second child due in 3 weeks and no income. I highly recommend to stay away from the Kent, WA location.

Interview Questions

• What experience in customer service do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shred-it International (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

set with RSD and then VP ask several questions they were more interested in my attitude than experience. Asked more work related questions in the second interview. Flew me to SA, Tx over night.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shred-it International.

Interview

Casual and laid back. Was very open and honest about the challenges based on the previous employee in the same position however, wasn't able to give the challenges that would be faced from AR/AP collections standpoint.

Interview Questions

• What office experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shred-it International.

Interview

I have never met a bigger (word I can’t say on glassdoor) hole in my professional life than the one interviewing me for this role. It should be noted that I have never thought this about any of my previous bosses or co-workers and usually get along with everyone, but this guy was a real (word that I can’t say on glassdoor). I’m also not usually one to rant online, but I hope to warn others about this toxic company. In hindsight, I should have walked out. I’m no snowflake, but he was incredibly demeaning and insulting....I guess he was venting his inner frustrations about being a middle-aged guy that shreds paper for a living?

Interview Questions

• What was your high school GPA?   1 Answer
    • How was your family life growing up?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.