Skidmore, Owings & Merrill Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Skidmore, Owings & Merrill Interview Questions

Interviews at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill

2.8

Communications Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interviewer was very unfriendly and intimidating. They did not seem to want to listen to most of the things I said and made absolutely no efforts to greet or follow up.

Interview Questions

• Asked me If I had public relations experience and nothing else.   1 Answer

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

While a good process I was shocked that after a phone screen, final interview and follow up email and the time a candidate prepares for an interview they do not have the common courtesy to respond and to value a candidates time.

Interview Questions

• They discussed areas of focus, their commitment to DEI which seems new(er) to them (even though they are an all women team with no men or other diversity), tools and experience.   Answer Question

Learning & Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill in July 2020.

Interview

I had a phone screening call with one of SOM's recruiters which was well conducted and I was given useful feedback and advice. Consequently, she arranged my interview via Zoom with the Chief People Officer and HR senior manager. This exchange was less impressive and left me with dubious impressions of the company. Following the interview, I heard nothing further despite my follow up email. My overall impression is that SOM would benefit from understanding the importance of the candidate experience including conducting interviews with mutual professional respect, genuine openness, and interest in the candidate, and certainly never ghosting your candidates.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for this position and want to work with SOM?   Answer Question

Architectural Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

First interview, trough the Zoom app, with associate director and project manager. Tooks about 45 minutes. First, after small talk needed to introduce myself, my background and talk about portfolio. They didn't really seem interested, basically without interruption and just little questions it tooks about half hour. After that they introduced me the company and let me ask questions.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.

Interview

Not that professional than I expected.
    The interviewer could not focused on me and looks having other option.
    I expected to see more than one person but it was not.
    And no respond at all.

Junior Designer Interview

Interview

Just check portfolio and ask some questions including what is your vision, what is your pros and cons, and etc. Just check portfolio and ask some questions including what is your vision, what is your pros and cons, and etc.

Architectural Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.

Interview

The PM and Designer who interviewed me was very friendly and welcoming. Showed me the office and introduced me about the firm a lot. Front desk was also very nice. Talked for 40+ mins.

Urban Designer-year One Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill in August 2019.

Interview

2 people interviewed me. Project manager and a senior designer. They like my Urban design experience in another big firm. But as I hold master of Landscape architecture degree, they think I’m not the best person

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online specifically for the Year One Program. During interview: talked to 2 associates - regular interview questions: talked about my portfolio, interests, job prospects, etc. Got an response about 2 weeks later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.

Interview

Submitted application and phone interview. Talked to a HR people and they were pretty friendly. Asked to answer some questions and talk about portfolio. The questions were some basic questions that people prepare for architectural interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.