Sports Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sports Direct Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (London, England).

Interview

You walk to the front entrance where you are greeted by the manager who is interviewing you. They take you to the staff room and there you go through your CV. Then they ask basic interview questions. Simple and quick.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had good customer service and bad customer service   Answer Question

Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Leicester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Arrived early for the interview. Found a member of staff and said I was here for an interview. He very kindly contacted the person interviewing. I was taken to a small office in the back for the interview. The person interviewing said he was supposed to ask questions sent by Head Office but he didn't like them and would not ask them.

Interview Questions

Interview

easy and very casual, wore jeans and trainers and questions were mostly personal details and the rest were about experience. also need to confirm your availabillity and got offered the job on the spot

Causal Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

I went along to the onterview which was ok expect the interviewer was running late and which held back my interview then I was taken in to the office and had a informal chat with the manger

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Crewe, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was really nice and friendly and did the talking for the majority of the interview. The only proper question he asked was "What do you know about Sports Direct?" which I strongly recommend you do some research on beforehand because i didn't know anything besides the bad things about in the media which he was impressed with because no one else knew. Other than that he just asked about availability and I then an email saying i got the job an hour later when all i did throughout the while interview was smile and say yeah.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for interview at the store about a week later. I was able to choose a 20 minute interview slot online. The interview was with the assistant manager of the store (as the manager was on holiday). She was very friendly and the overall experience was informal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Manchester, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The manager took me in a quiet room at the back of the store and asked me a couple of simple questions. He was very friendly and explained everything about the job first before asking questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

Applied online was contacted a couple of weeks later
    Interviewed by manager
    Arrived 10 minutes early
    Was asked no questions he just explained the role and working hours
    Was told I'd be contacted the next day
    Was contacted a week later and wasn't offered the position

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

I walked into the store to be told that they weren't expecting me as the manager wasn't in and the assistant manager had only been told that morning. The staff were rude and made me feel unwelcome, but the assistant manager was nice. Easy interview with only a few questions regarding week day availability and experience. I was offered the job that day and accepted. But then heard nothing from them, I repeatedly tried to call the store but they never answered. Incredibly rude.

Interview Questions

• Would you be wiling to promote sports bags and magazines at the till? How would you do this?   Answer Question

Casual Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed and got an email back about a month later to book an interview. Had to pick a time slot which were 20 minutes each. Went to the interview, the interviewer read my cv and gave me the questions he would ask to think about while he read my cv. Asked me a few questions and said he would ring or email me later that day (but didn't hear back for a couple of days). The interview was laid back

Interview Questions

• When have you had to follow a set procedure?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to solve a problem with another team member? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.