Sports Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Jul 2018

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Manchester, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an interview at the store. Manager was texting on his phone at the beginning and didn't look professional at all. Interview lasted about 5 minutes for me and the candidate before me, even though the email said half an hour or something. The question sheet only had a few questions and we're all basic

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

group interview, everyone got like one question each. Every person got different questions, ie what do you know about sports direct? What do we sell, tell me more about you blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• why you want to work for us   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

They asked few questions and wrote answers on a piece of paper then told me that I'll send this to higher person they will decide. But I didn't got any call.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

I was interested in a store manager position but after speaking to the recruitment team at the Milton Keynes job fair, it's not a company that I am at all interested in now. The people on the stand looked really unhappy, you can just tell it's a miserable place to work. They had some staff from the stores there too I think, they just didn't want to be there.
    Really poor, so if you were thinking about sports direct as an option, forget it. 70 hour weeks, for no praise or reward, no wonder the guys looked hacked off!

Interview Questions

• Can you work 70 to 80 hours per week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Manchester, England) in July 2010.

Interview

I heard about a position from a friend and submitted a CV to the store. I've received a phone call in a couple of days and scheduled an interview in person. The interview lasted around 20 minutes and the hiring manager was polite. He asked me about my previous jobs and duties involved. After he finished interviewing me he informed me that I got the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Durham, England) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was in groups, there was no technical questions or personal questions asked

Interview Questions

• Available hours, whoever in the group could work the longest basically got the job   Answer Question

Sale Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

there wasn't an interview, i applied with a cv in the store and they told me to fill in an online application form also, i didn't fill in the application form, but they must have liked me anyway, i was hired mainly for the christmas sales and it took a while for me to start working as they lost the copy of my passport a couple of times, it took about 1-2 months after i got the job to start working there, i suppose that they are looking for enthusiastic workers and people who can work in a team, so make sure you mention that in your cv

Interview Questions

• there was no real interview so there wasn't a difficult question really   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hart, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Hart, England).

Interview

did the online application heard back pretty soon after got invited for an interview, interview was a very quick one to one chat. They where only offering 4 hours a week for the position and said you will gain more hours.

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2015.

Interview

Can't remember if there was a call, but the interview process was a basic face-to-face interview comprised of basic questions. Sitting in an office and just having a casual conversation. Questions were asked about previous experience. Other questions were basic and interview process was easy. Not much more to add, except its a really easy job to attain.

Interview Questions

• how I would sell promotional sports magazines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

online application, u need to pass a series of online tests.
    got phone call to come in and have face to face interview.
    interview process included questions such as:
    how would you deal with an unhappy customer?
    descibe a time that you had to persuade someone to accept your point of view?

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      how would you deal with an unhappy customer?
      descibe a time that you had to persuade someone to accept your point of view?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.