Sports Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Sports Direct

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Manchester, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to an interview at the store. Manager was texting on his phone at the beginning and didn't look professional at all. Interview lasted about 5 minutes for me and the candidate before me, even though the email said half an hour or something. The question sheet only had a few questions and we're all basic

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

group interview, everyone got like one question each. Every person got different questions, ie what do you know about sports direct? What do we sell, tell me more about you blah blah blah

Interview Questions

• why you want to work for us   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

A test to see if you could read and write English and do simple calculations. Then you had to tell them when you were available for work. Then you are in. That was it.

Interview Questions

• Can you watch this code ABC123 with codes listed in another column.   1 Answer

Store Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

They asked few questions and wrote answers on a piece of paper then told me that I'll send this to higher person they will decide. But I didn't got any call.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online and within two days i received an interview. During the interview I was asked about why i chose sports direct, what makes a good employee, and my biggest achievement. I was offered the job on the spot. Whole interview took about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• best achievement ?   1 Answer
    • what makes a good employee when it comes to serving customers?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

I was interested in a store manager position but after speaking to the recruitment team at the Milton Keynes job fair, it's not a company that I am at all interested in now. The people on the stand looked really unhappy, you can just tell it's a miserable place to work. They had some staff from the stores there too I think, they just didn't want to be there.
    Really poor, so if you were thinking about sports direct as an option, forget it. 70 hour weeks, for no praise or reward, no wonder the guys looked hacked off!

Interview Questions

• Can you work 70 to 80 hours per week?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Exeter, England).

Interview

Applied online, interviewed in-store, it was very informal. I was called to meet the manager in the stock room for a short interview, (about 15-20 mins) and was told that they would get back to me, but there was nothing in the end

Interview Questions

• what was the hardest thing for you when working in a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Manchester, England) in July 2010.

Interview

I heard about a position from a friend and submitted a CV to the store. I've received a phone call in a couple of days and scheduled an interview in person. The interview lasted around 20 minutes and the hiring manager was polite. He asked me about my previous jobs and duties involved. After he finished interviewing me he informed me that I got the position.

Sale Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sports Direct.

Interview

there wasn't an interview, i applied with a cv in the store and they told me to fill in an online application form also, i didn't fill in the application form, but they must have liked me anyway, i was hired mainly for the christmas sales and it took a while for me to start working as they lost the copy of my passport a couple of times, it took about 1-2 months after i got the job to start working there, i suppose that they are looking for enthusiastic workers and people who can work in a team, so make sure you mention that in your cv

Interview Questions

• there was no real interview so there wasn't a difficult question really   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sports Direct (Durham, England) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was in groups, there was no technical questions or personal questions asked

Interview Questions

• Available hours, whoever in the group could work the longest basically got the job   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.