The Profs Tuition Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at The Profs Tuition

2.6

Summer Business Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

The Interview was very relaxed, I felt very comfortable, greeted well and was offered a drink. I was informed about the role and the Profs and asked to describe my experience and knowledge. I discussed with them about how their social media needs improving, which I think gave the company something to think about. I ended up not getting the job, but getting something even better and they offered me a role over the summer as a social media manager which fits perfectly with my experience, I was delighted to take up this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Private Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

I met Rory in a coffee shop in London, and ran through a mock lesson with him. I gave him a ten minute lesson on mathematical analysis, focusing on limits. He followed the lesson well. Rory then told me more about the agency. It was very interesting and he provided useful feedback. The interview was relaxed and enjoyable. I found I was very aligned with the company's approach and teaching philosophy.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to teach A level maths?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with the founder followed by a trial interview. Overall a very professional and welcoming process. The fact that the founders have ample teaching experience at university level made was very helpful and probably aided what seemed like a very solid process. The Profs place top priority on teaching quality and this was evident from the very first encounter.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult concept from one of the courses that I was teaching.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England) in November 2014.

Interview

- I uploaded my details on the site
    - Within a couple of days, I had an interview with the Founder, Richard
    - I prepared a demo (mock tutorial) as a basis of discussion
    - We met in a coffee shop but now there is an office with a space for interviews

Interview Questions

• What kind of subjects are you looking to teach?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated my rate a little - I set a minimum I was looking for. I would say be flexible at first, if you gain a good reputation you can ask to raise, and in fact The Profs may do it automatically as a reward.

Management Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was informal but well structured. The objective was to assess the teaching skills of the tutor as well as get an insight into the personality of the tutor as well as the founders. I was asked to pick a topic and 'teach' one of the founders. The 'teaching' session was under 10 minutes as it was to assess the logic, structure and approach I adopt as a tutor. I enjoyed the interview process. My CV and academic transcripts were reviewed and I was asked modules I was comfortable teaching, to ensure I was matched with the right clients.

Accounting, Finance and Business Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holborn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (Holborn, England) in August 2014.

Interview

In my initial interview I had to give a 15 minute presentation on a topic. At the end of presentation there was discussion about related topics, subjects and about the agency.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes presentation
      My previous experience
      Which subjects I can teach
      My qualifications
      How will I perform under different situations   Answer Question

Private Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England) in March 2013.

Interview

Slick, easy and quickly organised. I had a meeting with Rory and I demonstrated my skills and my mock presentation. The whole thing was friendly and relaxed. They practically offered me my first placement straight away.

Interview Questions

• To present a mock class. Which was quite normal for a private tuition agency I felt.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.