The Profs Tuition Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 7 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Profs Tuition

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England, England) in Jun 2016

Interview

The Interview was very relaxed, I felt very comfortable, greeted well and was offered a drink. I was informed about the role and the Profs and asked to describe my experience and knowledge. I discussed with them about how their social media needs improving, which I think gave the company something to think about. I ended up not getting the job, but getting something even better and they offered me a role over the summer as a social media manager which fits perfectly with my experience, I was delighted to take up this opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England, England) in Oct 2015

Interview

I met Rory in a coffee shop in London, and ran through a mock lesson with him. I gave him a ten minute lesson on mathematical analysis, focusing on limits. He followed the lesson well. Rory then told me more about the agency. It was very interesting and he provided useful feedback. The interview was relaxed and enjoyable. I found I was very aligned with the company's approach and teaching philosophy.

Interview Questions
  • Would you be willing to teach A level maths?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

10m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,843

955 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England, England) in Apr 2015

Interview

One on one interview with the founder followed by a trial interview. Overall a very professional and welcoming process. The fact that the founders have ample teaching experience at university level made was very helpful and probably aided what seemed like a very solid process. The Profs place top priority on teaching quality and this was evident from the very first encounter.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a difficult concept from one of the courses that I was teaching.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England, England) in Nov 2014

Interview

- I uploaded my details on the site - Within a couple of days, I had an interview with the Founder, Richard - I prepared a demo (mock tutorial) as a basis of discussion - We met in a coffee shop but now there is an office with a space for interviews

Interview Questions
  • What kind of subjects are you looking to teach?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England, England) in Sep 2014

Interview

The interview was informal but well structured. The objective was to assess the teaching skills of the tutor as well as get an insight into the personality of the tutor as well as the founders. I was asked to pick a topic and 'teach' one of the founders. The 'teaching' session was under 10 minutes as it was to assess the logic, structure and approach I adopt as a tutor. I enjoyed the interview process. My CV and academic transcripts were reviewed and I was asked modules I was comfortable teaching, to ensure I was matched with the right clients.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Holborn, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (Holborn, England, England) in Aug 2014

Interview

In my initial interview I had to give a 15 minute presentation on a topic. At the end of presentation there was discussion about related topics, subjects and about the agency.

Interview Questions
  • 15 minutes presentation My previous experience Which subjects I can teach My qualifications How will I perform under different situations

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Profs Tuition (London, England, England) in Mar 2013

Interview

Slick, easy and quickly organised. I had a meeting with Rory and I demonstrated my skills and my mock presentation. The whole thing was friendly and relaxed. They practically offered me my first placement straight away.

Interview Questions
  • To present a mock class. Which was quite normal for a private tuition agency I felt.
RSS Feed</>Embed