Turnstone Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Turnstone Sales Interview Questions

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vauxhall, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (Vauxhall, England) in June 2016.

Interview

It was short. Rang me one day for phone interview. Went in the next day for a assessment centre where there were 36 other candidates. We were told to prepare a 3 minute pitch on a book or article and convince the manager to read it. They got rid of half of us after the group interview which was frustrating. Did not like this assessment centre

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vauxhall, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (Vauxhall, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Turnstone Sales Recruitment Assessment Centre

This took place in a space to rent in an office in Vauxhall. The setting was basic but did the job. there were around a total of 30 people at the beginning of the afternoon. There were a series of group exercises carried out in groups of 6 (approx.) and individual exercise conducted in front of the whole group. the entire group was then cut in half, half sent home. the latter half for those of us that made it was a little more chilled out, a bit more waiting around. Finally there were individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Group: You are stranded on the moon with a group of other astronauts and you need to travel 200miles back to base, here is a list of 15 items salvaged from the wreckage of the space craft you were travelling in. list them in order of importance. (Genuine NASA exercise)

Group: Chose a famous person. Now, you are that person. You and your group are in a hot air balloon and there is too much weight. Assuming you all weigh the same, defend your position of why you should not be thrown over.

Individual (having been assigned a random partner you haven't met): you have ten minutes to get to know each other and prepare a 30 second pitch on why we should hire your partner.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA. Following the interview process, despite having positive feedback, turnstone dropped off the face of the earth. I could have potentially chased them more but the roles offered did not inspire interest.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Online submission of CV.

Telephone interview.

Group interview.

One to One interview.

The interview was fine. The only issue that I have is that they do not give you any point of contact. After the interview which I left feeling very positive about, I couldn't get anyone to contact me via email or telephone call. I was very disapointed.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England).

Interview

Single tasks like talking about yourself in front of everyone and group tasks like selling your partner to the group and exercises to see who were natural leaders. Then there was one on one interviews for everyone who made it through the process as they kicked a portion of people out halfway through.

Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

There were about 30-40 people in the assessment centre. There were the usual assessment tasks such a group survival exercise and icebreakers. Some pretty pointless questions like what is your best non-academic achievement. Final part included one to one interviews to pitch a book.

I honestly wouldn't recommend going through it just for a sales role.

Sales Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales.

Interview

Turned up to sweat box of a room and did a bunch of badly organised poorly supervised activity's. I am almost 100% half the jobs they advertise don't exist. If you compare Turnstone to there competitors they are truly diabolical.

DO NOT GO TO AN ASSESMENT DAY WITH THEM

THEY MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A PIECE OF MEAT, ALL THEY SEE IS GREEN AND THEY DEFO DONT CARE ABOUT YOU. THE WORST RECRUITMENT COMPANY IN LONDON

If you want a good sales job you can get it yourself by showing entrepreneurial flair and contacting the companys directly. Just do you research. These guys are opportunistic immature sharks. They wont admit it but the only reason they work for Turnstone is because noone else will give them jobs.

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

It is a group assessment day with roughly 20 candidates. You have around three group tasks as well as one task where you have to sell another candidates strengths in 30 seconds.

Interview Questions

• What has been your best achievement outside of education?   Answer Question

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview which you was not told about beforehand so had no time to prepare. Questions were related to why you want to work in sales and a run through of your CV. If you were successful you were then invited to a group interview with about 20-30 other people.

Sales Recruit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Group interview with tasks and a 1 to 1. You had to perform a few presentations and group tasks that they asked from you. A lot of spur of the moment challenges to test you under pressure and how you'd perform in a sales environment

Graduate Sales Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Turnstone Sales (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for 2 roles with Turnstone online, a recruiter phoned me and discussed my application in regards to 'other roles' they had. This was a pleasant conversation and I found him engaging. I was then invited to the assessment centre, which was a group interview of around 20 people. The day was quite rigorous. It consisted of a few short presentations and some group tasks which we were assessed on. 8 of us were then called out of the room (myself included) and were asked to wait a moment while the others were told to go home - a bit of a harsh way of doing it as we were lead to believe we were being split in to interview groups. We then had one on one interviews which were relatively easy but there was no mention of the roles I had actually applied for, only ones they had that I would 'definitely' be interviewing for soon.

I would like to say that the 2 guys running the assessment centre (Jack and Jordan) were really nice, professional and organised and the day was a positive experience however after my 'successful' interview I was later transferred to another guy within the company who I have been dealing with via telephone and email since (4 weeks have passed with no interview). It is apparent that he doesn't take any notes during our conversations or really pay attention to me as a candidate as every time we speak he doesn't know who I am and he asks me the same initial interview questions I have done over and over again. He never calls me back or emails me when he says he is going to and then actually denied a whole conversation we had when I asked him about it. He has emailed me or left voice messages saying I have an interview lined up a couple of times now and I have excitedly called him back just to be greeted with 'so why sales' and the standard interview questions. I probably should have realised this earlier as his emails never address me by name just 'Hi' - which I find really impersonal at it seems like I am just one of many that the email is forwarded to. When I question about the role I just get told he will email me all the details about the interview and twice now he hasn't. I then just get told he hasn't spoken to me before when I call him again. It is quite upsetting to get your hopes up about a job interview and to almost book an expensive train ticket home (from university) with no actual interview or information.

Ultimately the whole experience has been negative and I feel like I have wasted a lot of time with this company. It is a shame because there are clearly some hardworking and professional employees here but their manager lets them down. I am convinced that the jobs I originally applied for don't even exist and I would completely avoid any job post on career websites posted by turnstone in the future.

Interview Questions

• One on one and telephone questions were just generally - Why Sales, What would be your biggest challenge in a sales role? What are your motivations to achieve sales targets etc.

Group tasks - List in order items of importance if stranded on the moon
                             name a person that influences you and then we were given a task where one of us had to be thrown overboard and we had to argue our case as to why we should stay.

Presentations infront of the group - Introduce yourself and tell us about your biggest non academic achievement
                          - Pitch to us why we would be mad not hire the person sitting next to you.   Answer Question

Although successful at the interview day, no actual interview with a client has been set up yet after 4 weeks and I have given up having my time wasted waiting for one.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.