UK Atomic Energy Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at UK Atomic Energy Authority

Design Engineer - RACE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UK Atomic Energy Authority (Culham, England) in November 2018.

Interview

First, I had half an hour to solve progressively challenging problems. These were mechanics based problems. Then I gave a 10 minute presentation of my previous work. Make sure you don't run over time. Then there was a chat for 30 minutes. Then there was a tour from a graduate; this is still part of the interview so don't let your guard down.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a situation where there was conflict in a team?   1 Answer

I had another offer with chartership opportunities

Head of People Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UK Atomic Energy Authority in February 2018.

Interview

1st stage telephone interview followed by 2nd stage face to face interview. The telephone interview was rushed. I was unsuccessful at this stage and was notified by email which stated that I could ask for feedback I have approached the company three times and have had no acknowledgement from them.

Interview Questions

• How I have supported ion managing change.   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UK Atomic Energy Authority (Abingdon, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied via University to the research project that I wanted - submitted a CV and covering letter. Invited to interview on-site at Culham Centre for Fusion Energy. Interview was both technical and strength/competency-based, followed by an informal discussion of the project. A site tour concluded the visit where I was shown the tritium processing plant.

Interview Questions

• Here is a blank (i.e. just the column) schematic of a distillation column, what design considerations would you make? What extras can you draw and label on the diagram?   1 Answer
    • What research have you done about CCFE / UKAEA prior to this interview?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.